By Zoidiano0, Member on 26th May 2015, 06:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th April 2016, 12:53 PM |#41  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagilbo

My daughter in law has updated the a5500-f (untouched) and the process is failed. (switch on->lenovo logo->android figure with some red something- with "no command" line under it.)
Now can't boot the device, but it can reach factory-recovery.
The MTP, and fastboot not work. (code 10, the computer cant't reach the tablet).
What can i do with it?
Maybe it have ADB-connection. Isn't some update zip, which i can push to device via adb?
Sry for bad english.
Thanks.

Hello
Wall I can try a factory reset
If that doesn't work thy by flashing the devices like unblinking the tablet ( view the first post)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoidiano0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zoidiano0 Ad-Free
2nd May 2016, 06:46 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Bluetooth problem
hey guys I have a Lenovo ideatab 8" A5500-F, I've got Headrush headphones & they won't connect phone audio, only, media audio,
I know the mic in it works, why are they only being detected for a2dp likere was on my last android 5.0 & android touch,,
running android 4.4.2 rooted + Xposed framework. was like this before & after.. any help on this would be awesome thank you
12th May 2016, 05:12 PM |#43  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Any luck with the custom rom build? Or have you just abandoned the idea?

thanks!
12th May 2016, 10:10 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello!
I have a a5500 hv and i have the touchscreen issue.
I have to tap 2 or 3 times to work.Only on tap.The swipe is ok. If i flash another rom it will fix it?

Thank you!
28th May 2016, 07:29 AM |#45  

More
Lenovo a5500 F have twrp 2.8.4.0?
10th June 2016, 04:51 PM |#46  

More
Zoidiano0, you are awesome. Just fixed my wife's bricked tablet. Had to figure out how to install a driver without signature first, and then plug in the tablet AFTER the flash tool did its initial stuff.
29th June 2016, 02:57 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Hi guys! I'm new to this forum but not a noob. my last tablet was the bigger sister of this tablet.....the Tab2 A10-70F rooted & smoothed thanks to Tzul & folks over at that forum. my beloved baby met with an unfortunate accident. I bought this A8-5500F off of Craigslist for $75 with a nice fitted case and no issues. I rooted it using Kingroot, then app!ied the SuperSU conversion. No problems but.... can't get bootloader unlocked to install TWRP!
I can tell you from my experience that the most important step to "hacking" a MTK device is the installation of the unsigned drivers. Here are driver download links for Windows 10 x64 and x32....

http://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-...tion-tutorial/

With drivers correctly installed, you'll be able to crash, reflash, customize, reset your A8 until the proverbial cows come home! I've been able to reset, revert, downgrade my A10-70F tons of times using the latest SP Flash Tool. Don't worry about a bricked tablet cause the SPFT WILL unbrick it ....IF....the drivers are correctly installed. Good luck guys!
The Following User Says Thank You to nannycrick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nannycrick Ad-Free
30th June 2016, 03:46 AM |#48  

More
I have one question......
How do you unlock the bootloader in order to install TWRP recovery. I have root. I used King root , then ran the conversion to SuperSU. Everything works BUT......no unlocked bootloader via adb.
Tried the adb command... fastboot oem unlock which didn't work. TWRP won't install unless there's a patched bootloader flashed first . That's what I had to do for the A10. Any advice or ideas.
The running info....
build....A5500_442_000_029_150408.ROW
rooted success w/ SuperSU 2.65 Pro installed
Busybox Pro installed.
Flashify installed.
TWRP WILL NOT FLASH THRU FLASHIFY!?! Stumped!

Nevermind! The bootloader is already unlocked, and the TWRP recovery I tried wasn't correctly ported.
1st July 2016, 03:04 AM |#49  

More
Did some research into the TWRP issue. It isn't for the A8-5500F s/n 59407798 tablet running A5500_442_000_029_150408_ROW. Either the porting was done incorrectly or not for this particular tablet. Still rooted & looking for recovery.
1st July 2016, 05:17 PM |#50  

More
Okay.... here's the result of my experience trying to get root & twrp installed in my A8-5500F....
Use Zen Tool to do initial rooting but unhook before the SuperSU install. You just want King root. Then hookup to MTK Droid Tool and let it read the device. Push the ROOT button when device info shows in window on left. Let it do it thing. If it asks to create CWM recovery, say yes. If it asks to patch the bootloader say no as it isn't needed. Download the Easy Magic TWRP Installer by Yuweng from XDA. Open the download, with the device turned on. Run as administrator the TWRP.exe. It will auto port your recovery to TWRP. Reboot into TWRP, set your settings, make a backup. Have a much better day! Enjoy! Here's a link to the Easy Magic installer

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798257

Was able to install Xposed , Viper4AndroidFX by GuitarHero, Sony Walkman Player ported by Ibanez, Fonter module, KitKat write fix module, Flat Style Keyboard module. All working beautifully to custom tweak this baby!
The Following User Says Thank You to nannycrick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nannycrick Ad-Free
3rd July 2016, 05:07 AM |#51  

More
Here's my A8-5500F running a TWRP backup...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0424.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	3801663  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a5500-f, firmware, lenovo, recovery, tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)