LK image incorrect .
Why is that ?
Thanks !
3rd January 2017, 08:30 AM |#62  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Cheers @nannycrick
Your little guides mean my 4yr old doesn't have to put up with YouTube ads anymore. Coupled with Arters patched youtube apk's root is a must. I just didn't realise this tablet had twrp available. Good stuff
3rd January 2017, 04:58 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemphiz

Cheers @nannycrick
Your little guides mean my 4yr old doesn't have to put up with YouTube ads anymore. Coupled with Arters patched youtube apk's root is a must. I just didn't realise this tablet had twrp available. Good stuff

Rooting is almost a must with any tablet due to the overwhelming amount of preloaded apps they install. We, as consumers should be free to chose what junk & how much junk our devices have installed!! I'm glad someone could benefit from my experience with the
A8-5500. I no longer have it. I sold it, and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab A-8. It, like all my other devices, is rooted.
A tip for you if your 4 year old is using it...hide the apps that have root access. Apex & Nova launchers allow you to hide apps that appear in the app drawer. Hide all the apps such as SuperSU, etc.. that way, they don't mistakenly "dig in" to things that shouldn't be tampered with except by a technically skilled person. I had to do that with my caveman hubby & his cellphone!! It'll save you grief!

A reflection to share here....
I bought one of those new Samsung EVO 128GB micro sd cards for my tablet. SWEET storage for any tablet! Get one if you can!
The Following User Says Thank You to nannycrick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nannycrick Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 05:38 AM |#64  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Has anyone figured out a fix for the Bluetooth issue with Bluetooth mics on the Lenovo A8-A5500-F???
Also, would LOVE a Cyanogenmod rom for my tablet That would solve so much problems, Cyanogenmod runs so well too..
27th March 2017, 07:49 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
4PDA - HV vs F
Hello everyone,

I saw the CM13 and Lineageos roms on 4PDA, but they mention the H or HV version. Can we install them on an F tablet?
Can someone help me with installation instructions? Where can I find them if they already exist?

Thanks in advance!
17th June 2017, 06:59 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Had this laying around and got it rooted but I don't like the stock android 5.1, definitely want something smoother on it and the ability to overclock. What rom/os are you guys running? Marshmallow possible on it?
7th August 2017, 09:54 AM |#67  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsaimohan

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxL...xtNjRTX0U/view

Do not install this rom, it does not work. It seemed to work at first, then everything started crashing and rebooting. Total mess.
13th August 2017, 08:07 AM |#68  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
It seems to be working ok on second attempt, but it does not mount SD card. I can see it in TWRP, but not in ROM. I can erase it in ROM, but that's about it.
13th March 2018, 01:23 AM |#69  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdravke

It seems to be working ok on second attempt, but it does not mount SD card. I can see it in TWRP, but not in ROM. I can erase it in ROM, but that's about it.

Is there a possibility to get this ROM for the 5500F? I´ve bricked my test candidat with testing some ROMs, and had to renew the original ROM with SP.

Regards
13th August 2018, 06:13 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Help me and my bricked Tab
Hello everyone,
One of you can upload a zip file for the restauration of Lenovo A5500F because I've bricked mine and my PC has not a fonctionnal USB.
Many thanks for your help
25th May 2019, 10:23 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
need A5500-F ota update
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnytk

here is the factory OTA update file if anybody needs it www dot mediafire dot com/folder/9uz10u5t3yu1i

Hello, does anybody have this ota update for A5500-F? My tab is bricked, sptool does nothing, and I'd like to try to repair it through recovery update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a5500-f, firmware, lenovo, recovery, tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)