23rd March 2019, 09:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Any hope lineage 16.1 for lenovo tab P10

27th March 2019, 07:57 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Hello all,
Any developments on this device. What are the chances of getting rid of the echo features and make it a Google assistant instead?
28th March 2019, 03:16 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Can anybody share the alexa show mode apk? I'm downloading the firmware but it is taking ages
23rd April 2019, 10:40 PM |#14  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Any one been able to install the Google Now Launcher in this tablet? The Play Store message says that it's incompatible with this tablet.
Thanks for any assistance!
1st May 2019, 09:49 PM |#15  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 716

More
Did anybody try to unlock the bootloader in Linux?
I successfully rooted Z3 Play in Linux while it didn't work in Windows
Can anybody find full ROM in lollinet (where I can find Moto/Lenovo ROM)?
7th May 2019, 01:37 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've tried installing the stock images that are posted and keep getting a signature error using the recovery. I noticed that the image doesn't have a system.img but rather system_1.img-system_32.img. Is there a way to package the system files to install the new system? Having an issue with the OTA and it keeps wanting to install the PRN rather than the ROW image. Any thoughts?
26th June 2019, 03:01 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Anyone successfully root this as of yet? Not seeing any TWRP for it or an approach.
26th June 2019, 08:56 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I today received an update to Android 9 on my tablet. Was kind of surprised. Anyone else can confirm?

Update contains new "Le Tab UI".
2nd July 2019, 06:44 AM |#19  

More
so there is no way to root this tablet?
13th July 2019, 09:27 PM |#20  
Houston, TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforums

I today received an update to Android 9 on my tablet. Was kind of surprised. Anyone else can confirm?

Update contains new "Le Tab UI".

Confirmed. I'm at Android 9 after an OTA update.

Chaser

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZHIONZY

so there is no way to root this tablet?

My tablet is rooted. I found a root solution a little while back, but I haven't posted it yet because it's not very user-friendly. Basically it requires that you do a fresh install of Oreo and it gets bricked on an OTA update. If you're interested in getting it rooted like that then send me a private message. If there's enough interest I'll create a root thread. I consider myself quite capable with Android but not a full expert. I'm really hurting without custom recovery and without a fastboot OEM unlock that works longer than once. That temporary unlock command successfully allows me to swap out the bootloader image but upon reboot it doesn't like the new image as it asks for a password that must be part of the bootloader security because it won't accept any passwords that I have set. Perhaps with a root thread we could all contribute to getting this working. I have two of P10s now so I'm able to test on my spare, but I don't have unlimited time to devote to this.

I know that a lot of people would be excited to get root on this device. I assure you sure you that it is possible. However, I don't want to start a thread with a solution that will force people to do a fresh install of Oreo and possibly lose data. And of course there's the problem with the OTA update which will brick the device. Of course everyone understands that they modify their device at their own risk, but I consider my root solution still a bit dirty and I was hoping at least to get it to accept OTA updates before I wrote up a root guide. I really think that if we could get a permanent bootloader unlock instead of a temporary unlock that we could get past this problem. And if somebody is out there that could make a TWRP image for this device, I think we would be golden as we could do a standard magisk root install via custom recovery.

Chaser
14th July 2019, 02:15 PM |#21  

More
I can not download the firmware with 9 android. Neither from the tablet, nor through the computer (lenovo moto smart assistant), although there is a notification.
The tablet was updated before this in May.
Is there a way to update the tablet forcibly?
Or return the factory firmware, the update should go from it without any problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
smart-tab-p10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)