Lenovo Smart Tab P10 TB-X705F aka ZA440169US

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By Jubeldum, Senior Member on 18th January 2019, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2019, 02:15 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can not download the firmware with 9 android. Neither from the tablet, nor through the computer (lenovo moto smart assistant), although there is a notification.
The tablet was updated before this in May.
Is there a way to update the tablet forcibly?
Or return the factory firmware, the update should go from it without any problems.

19th July 2019, 09:21 PM |#22  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSC

Hi, you should be able to unlock bootloader with this command:

fastboot oem enable-unlock-once

don‘t unlock
3rd August 2019, 05:23 PM |#23  

More
Hey if everyone wants there to be a device forum for the Lenovo Smart Tab P10 I would suggest posting a request in *** New Device Forum Requests ***.
8th August 2019, 05:57 PM |#24  
Houston, TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Good news, it appears that the Pie bootloader can be unlocked with the command:

fastboot oem unlock-go

This is definitely new to the Pie bootloader. The command "fastboot oem enable-unlock-once" no longer works.

Use this at your own risk! I just unlock the bootloader on my test P10 and it completely wiped the device.

I'm am now working on root for Pie. If I'm able to achieve root, I will write up a guide.

Chaser
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaser42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaser42 Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 06:56 PM |#25  
Houston, TEXAS

More
My Lenovo Smart Tab P10 (TB-X705F) running Android 9 (Pie) is rooted and is working just fine. Writing up the guide now. Hopefully I'll have it done later today.

Anybody who feels comfortable using the fastboot tool should be able to make this work without any problems. Be aware that it will require you to unlock the bootloader which will completely wipe the device. So, as always, you do this at your own risk. Make sure you back up your internal SD card and all Android and app data BEFORE you unlock the bootloader. I'll make sure to cover this again in the guide. The unlock command for the Pie bootloader is in my last post. Once you run that command, you are committed.

Attached are some screenshots showing root with BusyBox along with SafetyNet check success.

Chaser
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-123658.png
Views:	72
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	4803472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-123706.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	4803473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190808-122552.png
Views:	74
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	4803474  
9th August 2019, 08:01 AM |#26  

More
Thanks!What's the way to root?
10th August 2019, 06:36 AM |#27  
Houston, TEXAS

More
I have posted the unlock and root guide for the Tab P10:

[GUIDE] Unlock/Root Lenovo Smart Tab P10 (TB-X705F)

Many thanks to fidelis2 for helping to proof read the document and also being the first person to take the plunge by actually following the guide and successfully achieving root.

Chaser
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaser42 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chaser42 Ad-Free
14th August 2019, 03:08 AM |#28  
Houston, TEXAS

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuritlt

I can not download the firmware with 9 android. Neither from the tablet, nor through the computer (lenovo moto smart assistant), although there is a notification.
The tablet was updated before this in May.
Is there a way to update the tablet forcibly?
Or return the factory firmware, the update should go from it without any problems.

Have you had any luck downloading that OTA update? If it's still stuck, you may be able to work around the problem with the Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant tool. LMSA has the ability to download the stock ROM files and OTA updates. You can then push updates to the tablet via the USB cable. The LMSA tool is easy to find on the Lenovo web site in the support area.

By the way, the LMSA tool is very buggy. Don't get too frustrated if it fails to download the files or apply the updates. If you hit a wall using that tool, let me know. I finally got the tool to do what I wanted but it took a lot of trial and error.

Chaser
18th August 2019, 04:14 PM |#29  
Houston, TEXAS

More
I posted links directly to Lenovo's site for all of the available stock ROM files. Here's a LINK to that post.

Chaser
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
smart-tab-p10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)