Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 MM 6.0 Custom Roms and Ports

2,067 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,944

By bigrammy, Senior Member on 10th April 2017, 06:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
  • I have opened this thread for the discussion of and sharing of specific information regarding the Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F/L running on Android 6.0 MM.
    This is to reduce the need to post in the "main" thread for this device which is HERE
    The thread is open to ALL so please do not direct all question or comments towards me but ask and comment generally.
  • The thread should be restricted to Customisation and Porting of the Stock ROM.
  • Hints Tips and Tweaks.
  • The thread should Not include anything related to xposed PLEASE as this has a dedicated forum thread.
  • WARNING SPFlashTool and the use of will NOT be discussed in this thread. You are expected to know the very basics already like using SPflashTool, ADB, Fastboot and TWRP.
    Simple Google search's will reveal all the info you need about the aforementioned.
  • The #2 post below this one will contain the leaked MM link TWRP and official Kernel source code etc etc
  • This OP will be updated as time goes by so I am open to suggestions
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free

10th April 2017, 06:35 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Where is everything??
  • KEY: F= WiFi only version L= CELLULAR version (takes a SIM card) MM= Marshmallow (Android version 6.0) LP= Lollipop (Android version 5.0) KK= KitKat (Android version 4.4)
  • Kernel Source: HERE
  • FOR USE WITH RECOVERY OFFICIAL STOCK OTA's 6.0 MM ROM's L & F versions: HERE
  • FOR USE WITH SPFlashTool OFFICIAL STOCK 6.0 MM ROM's L & F versions: A10-70F_S000214_M_170207_ROW.7z (WiFi) and A10-70L_S000214_M_170606_ROW.7z (SIM) Passwords and credits located HERE
  • TWRP RECOVERY "L" and "F" 6.0 MM compatible: HERE
    Thanks to @Tzul
  • The Modified Boot.img's "Systemless SuperSU Ready" L & F versions: for the above Firmware's are HERE
    Thanks to @Tzul again.
  • LEAKED STOCK MM ROM: HERE I Recommend using the Official Stock MM ROM's above but will leave this here for reference.
    Thanks to @zMILWAUKEE again.
  • Noob's guide to Flashing the OFFICIAL STOCK MM ROM's L & F versions above:
    NOOB's Read this post before you ask anything!!
  • Add Modified SPFlashTool Version OFFICIAL STOCK MM ROM's L & F versions from above:
    Read this post HERE for more info

Notes: Flashing this stock MM will automatically encrypt your data and "systemless" root will not work due to the old style Mediatek boot.img format (MTK Headers) these are not supported by SuperSU. See above for compatible version boot.img by Tzul.
  • Thanks to @Tzul for all the info TWRP's and OTA's Too many to link to.
  • Thanks to @suhridkhan for the Main device thread HERE
  • There are so Many others who deserve Thanks concerning this device but listing everyone would be impossible for me to do.
  • Any help or advice from other Mediatek threads would be most welcome but especially from these guys @superdragonpt @DerTeufel1980 @fire855 and others working on the M.A.D project https://github.com/MediatekAndroidDevelopers
    xda background info here
    Help input or advice with regard to maybe building from source porting from source would be invaluable Thanks.
    CPU is mt8165 > aka mt6752 build enviroment but is The Quad Core Version aka mt6732
  • Lenovo Tab 2 A10 specifications and features:
  • 10.1-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with 1920×1200 resolution
  • Wifi model: 1.5GHz quad core 64-bit MediaTek MT8165 processor, LTE model: 1.5GHz quad core 64-bit MediaTek MT8732 processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 16GB of internal storage, MicroSD expansion up to 32GB
  • 171 x 247 x 8.9mm, 509g
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 5MP front-facing camera
  • Non-removable 7200mAh battery
  • Android 4.4 KitKat (Kernel Source) 4.4 5.1 and 6.0 official ROM's
  • Dolby ATMOS 3D Surrond Sound
  • Available in Pearl White and Midnight Blue
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 06:36 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
User contributed Hints Tips and Fixes
These are placed here for convenience only and should by no means take the place of reading this thread thoroughly
  • Custom Boot Animations HERE Posted by @chris5s
  • Enable Multi Window and Multi User Modes + SD_card Storage + Sound: HERE Posted by @coolbeans2016
  • TWRP flashable Custom stock based ROM HERE Posted by @bigrammy
  • TWRP flashable Fix for Changing the Lockscreen Wallpaper on the above ROM HERE Posted by @bigrammy
  • Quick photo tut for newb's to remove the Sim icons etc on WiFi Only (F) models. HERE Posted by @bigrammy
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 02:05 PM |#4  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 315

Donate to Me
More
Custom Boot Animation
-Delete/rename/move original start.mp4 from system/media
-use a rooted file explorer to place new start.mp4 in the same folder
-Reboot and enjoy

Download

Nice idea @bigrammy

Peace
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris5s Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 03:06 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

Custom Boot Animation
-Delete/rename/move original start.mp4 from system/media
-use a rooted file explorer to place new start.mp4 in the same folder
-Reboot and enjoy

Download

Nice idea @bigrammy

Peace

First Poster
Thanks mate.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
10th April 2017, 11:07 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Custom Stock ROM v1
This is a Full ROM update using TWRP recovery for the A10-70F (WiFi Version) Please ensure you have a full backup of your current ROM.

Before Flashing:
  • If your data partition is encrypted you will need to wipe/Format it TWICE in TWRP then rebooting to recovery before flashing.
    Remember this will wipe your internal sd_card Pictures, Music, etc, etc and also the update.zip if you placed it there prior to doing the format.
    NOTE due to feedback received: When formatting data please remove the USB cable then format it TWICE.
    The reason for this is still not clear but it's confirmed to prevent any issues
  • If your already running MM without encrypted data then a standard TWRP factory wipe is fine.
    NOTE: It seems for best results do a full FULL data wipe twice as described above.
  • I am not sure if this update is enough to Upgrade from 5.0 LP to 6.0 MM but I think it should be in theory.
    I would suggest waiting for a experienced user to try it first and report back.
    NOTE: Please Do not try to Upgrade from KitKit 4.4.4 Using this ROM it will not work due to the /dev/block path differences. Use SPFlashtool to Upgrade your android version first.
  • If you experience any issues at all after installing the ROM it will likely be due to old data. During the initial setup choose Setup as New Device then manually reinstall all your favourite apps.
  • Want to change the Lockscreen Wallpaper?? Then see post #138 Here

Whats Different bigrammy??
  • boot.logo Now Black instead of the White burning out your eyeballs one.
  • bootanimation. Now Black Pixel animation.
  • Default wallpapers Desktop and lockscreen Now Pixel Blue (no more boats)
  • Pixel Launcher
  • Assistant enabled
  • Sony id enabled (Allows you to install some Sony app's from the play store like keyboard)
  • Ported Sony Music Album and Video directly from my Sony C4 mt6752 device.
  • Launching the Camera should clear the Headphones after use.
  • These are Just to name a few but has lots of other minor mods I have forgotten about.

Installing and things to Note:
  • This is a TWRP Flashable update in case it's not clear.
  • MM TWRP is included in the update.zip so those coming from LP will not have any problems booting to recovery after the update.
    I am unsure if this will overwrite any existing TWRP folders on your sd_cards so to be safe PLEASE rename them oriTWRP before you reboot to recovery for the first time after the update. This applies to ALL.
  • Please flash the entire update or I/we will not know whats causing the problems should there be any.
  • First time boot takes 10 minutes so do not panic. As soon you see the boot animation go make a cup of coffee and wait.
    It will boot guaranteed if you see the bootanimation.
    The reason it seems to take so long is that the boot animation continues until fully booted so you do not see the usual dialog box "updating app 1 of xxx" etc
  • Ensure you update Google Play Services via the playstore (Launching Music will immediately prompt you to do this and you can tap on the alert to be taken to the update. Doing this First ensures smooth and uninterrupted updates of the other playstore apps)
  • Update all other app's listed in playstore/my apps
  • Note app's like trackid will only display in portrait as our device res is not officially supported
  • Credit to HootanParsa for the Awesome file explorer his thread is HERE Please leave your thanks there too.
  • Lastly But Most important please LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK
    I know it will not be to everyone's tastes so feel free to mod add remove install what you like.
  • EDIT: After Installation please flash the New Official F MM stock boot.img from post #2 posted by Tzul. Remember to re run SuperSU v2.79 again else it will bootloop.
    This will fix the headphone issue/bug

Download Link:

Screenshots:

Lockscreen:

Desktop:

App drawer:

Music Portrait:

Music Landscape:
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 08:44 AM |#7  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 315

Donate to Me
More
@bigrammy I'm sure it's on your to-do list, but how about, in the first post or placeholder posts, links to
- TWRP
- Original MM ROM
- Individual mods and/or guides to customisations/tweaks

Otherwise i guess they run the risk of getting swallowed up in the thread...Not that that has ever happened

Cheers
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris5s Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 11:36 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

@bigrammy I'm sure it's on your to-do list, but how about, in the first post or placeholder posts, links to
- TWRP
- Original MM ROM
- Individual mods and/or guides to customisations/tweaks
Otherwise i guess they run the risk of getting swallowed up in the thread...Not that that has ever happened
Cheers

Hi chris5s,
Yes good point & I have been mulling this over since I started this dedicated MM 6.0 thread.
I really don't want to be dragged into the world of noobs and SPFlashtool, driver installation, flashing, etc as they will swear blacks white and whites black regardless of how well it's all explained. So I will put up the links along with a strong warning that I/we will not expand on SPflashTool drivers etc etc for installation of the Original MM ROM and TWRP recovery.

All the Best.
Edit: All Done anything I missed let me know.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 03:05 PM |#9  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 428

More
@bigrammy Excellent work on the thread.
Since I don't have this tablet anymore, my information are probably not updated. This is an amazing device, and I enjoyed every bit of it. It's still running strong with my younger brother.
I shall put a link to this thread in mine so that people can come here for most current information.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suhridkhan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suhridkhan Ad-Free
11th April 2017, 03:49 PM |#10  
Flag Phil Campbell
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Great job on the new thread, looks great and should streamline the process of the noobs and experienced alike find what they need and point them in the right direction. Great tutorial. The reason Android will keep growing is because of people like ones that have been involved with the dev work on this tablet, and all the projects here on XDA..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zMILWAUKEE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zMILWAUKEE Ad-Free
14th April 2017, 02:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I was just comparing my A10-70F running 6.0.1 with my mother's which is on stock 5.0.1 and found that my screen was distinctly dull and grey in comparison. After removing f.lux and checking all the display and battery settings were the same I was stumped.
That was until I discovered that the brightness slider setting does absolutely nothing on mine!

Does it work for everyone else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)