Post Reply Email Thread
16th April 2017, 06:36 PM |#31  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 330

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wudangnic

Sorry for asking if its a dumb thing, but can it be flashed on a a10-70L, the lte variant?

The full stock ROM from post 2 is still good for the LTE model (tho you would have to add TWRP, modified boot IMG and SuperSU yourself)

The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris5s Ad-Free

17th April 2017, 05:02 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi bigrammy,

Many thanks for your work on this ROM. Apologies for n00bish questions, I've been in and out of hospital since flashing zMILWAUKEE's MM ROM and I'm not fully clear on a few things:

- Coming from zMILWAUKEE's ROM, I'm on TWRP 3.0. but I've not flashed the modded boot.img. Do I need to do that prior to going to your ROM?

- Will flashing your ROM enable DTTW which I could never get to work via gestures on MM?

Thanks!

ETA: It would appear I need the modded boot.img. Do I flash this in TWRP or via SPFlashtool?
17th April 2017, 05:14 PM |#33  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcss

Hi bigrammy,

Many thanks for your work on this ROM. Apologies for n00bish questions, I've been in and out of hospital since flashing zMILWAUKEE's MM ROM and I'm not fully clear on a few things:

- Coming from zMILWAUKEE's ROM, I'm on TWRP 3.0. but I've not flashed the modded boot.img. Do I need to do that prior to going to your ROM?

- Will flashing your ROM enable DTTW which I could never get to work via gestures on MM?

Thanks!

ETA: It would appear I need the modded boot.img. Is this in TWRP or via SPFlashtool

Coming to my rom all you need to do is Flash the .zip as per my instruction.
If you are on the stock MM your Data will be encrypted and you will need to FORMAT data to do this you will need to type "yes" to confirm.
Everything on the internal sd-card will be wiped so backup all your photos music etc
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
17th April 2017, 05:17 PM |#34  

More
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Coming to my rom all you need to do is Flash the .zip as per my instruction.
If you are on the stock MM your Data will be encrypted and you will need to FORMAT data to do this you will need to type "yes" to confirm.
Everything on the internal sd-card will be wiped so backup all your photos music etc

17th April 2017, 05:18 PM |#35  
Flag Scotland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Scuse me butting in!

Dttw doesn't work, but under Settings -> Gesture features, you could set a gesture, drawing "O" for example, to activate your launcher?
This is what i have on mine, but i also have a magnetic cover which switches the screen on/off when opening/closing.
The Following User Says Thank You to chris5s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris5s Ad-Free
17th April 2017, 05:23 PM |#36  

More
As per other posts on this, I turned on gestures, selected "O" but all I could see was a list of apps to chose from, not an actual system action such as "wake up" so I wasn't sure where I'd gone wrong.

Which cover are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5s

Scuse me butting in!

Dttw doesn't work, but under Settings -> Gesture features, you could set a gesture, drawing "O" for example, to activate your launcher?
This is what i have on mine, but i also have a magnetic cover which switches the screen on/off when opening/closing.

17th April 2017, 05:37 PM |#37  
Flag Scotland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As per other posts on this, I turned on gestures, selected "O" but all I could see was a list of apps to chose from, not an actual system action such as "wake up" so I wasn't sure where I'd gone wrong.

Which cover are you using?

If select your default launcher as the app, then when you draw an "O" it will launch your, um, launcher, in effect waking up the device

Sorry, don't know what make or brand the cover is

Peace.
17th April 2017, 06:07 PM |#38  

More
Thanks, looking for a complex option when there's a much simpler solution is very me! O.O

Quote:

If select your default launcher as the app, then when you draw an "O" it will launch your, um, launcher, in effect waking up the device

Sorry, don't know what make or brand the cover is

Peace.

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Did a format as suggested by bigrammy, typed yes, saw the format happen.

Any idea what I've missed?

---------- Post added at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Quote:

Thanks, looking for a complex option when there's a much simpler solution is very me! O.O

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Did a format as suggested by bigrammy, typed yes, saw the format happen.

Any idea what I've missed?

ETA: Even though the format appears to happen, looking at the contents of internal SD on TWRP, it doesn't appear formatted. Lots of normal files and folders still visible.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Wiped all the internal partitions individually, no errors, now looking at the boot logo animation.
The Following User Says Thank You to pcss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pcss Ad-Free
17th April 2017, 06:19 PM |#39  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 156

Donate to Me
More
need a quick reply
Quote:

Twrp factory reset left me with boats
Full wipe - i.e.wipe everything in TWRP except sdcard - got rid of them.
Opening camera app doesn't seem to help with restoring speaker function after using headphones
Anyway, worth a go as I said

Peace

Just flashed Bigrammys ROM...
forgot to ask...
do i wipe cache/dalvik before reboot?
did TWRP factory reset before flashing it
zach
17th April 2017, 06:34 PM |#40  
Flag Scotland

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans2016

Just flashed Bigrammys ROM...
forgot to ask...
do i wipe cache/dalvik before reboot?
did TWRP factory reset before flashing it
zach

Why not
17th April 2017, 06:47 PM |#41  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 156

Donate to Me
More
well
Quote:

Why not

Did you get Google Assistant after flashing this update .zip of Bigrammys?
zach
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)