FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 MM 6.0 Custom Roms and Ports

2,640 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,374
 
By bigrammy, Senior Member on 10th April 2017, 05:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2018, 12:14 PM |#461  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,374
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

Yes im in the UK aswell , just saying that it took all night and still hasent booted up in the moring , im going to format all and reflash. Hope you have a lovely day ,

Shouldn't take that long
Just over ten minutes I seem to recall. As said do the data format and cache cleaning flashes then boot to recovery only. If you don't repeat the flashing again. Also keep a eye on the SuperSU out put to make sure no errors are encountered while patching the boot.img.
 
 
5th June 2018, 05:06 PM |#462  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Shouldn't take that long
Just over ten minutes I seem to recall. As said do the data format and cache cleaning flashes then boot to recovery only. If you don't repeat the flashing again. Also keep a eye on the SuperSU out put to make sure no errors are encountered while patching the boot.img.

Don't worry , instead I wiped my whole device , so there was no os installed , completely empty.Then i flashed the whole ROM , but recovery I left out (for obvious reasons) , then I booted straight into recovery and flashed SuperSU zip then booted , I am now running the ROM! Patching the boot image was ok , but I had some issues with mounting /cache while formatting , it s aid in the log as well but reboot recovery sorted that out. Many thanks . I'm going to to flash xposed now , wish me luck!

Sent from my rooted Lenovo tab 2 A10 -70f with a custom ROM installed made by bigrammy (LOL I actually wrote it myself!)

Edit:When I go to Display , then lockscreen wallpaper and select my wallpaper from Gallery, I click set wallpaper , then check my lockscreen wallpaper , it still stays with that blue theme what to do?Launcher3 issue? This also happened with the official stock ROM , and they are battery drain issues or I'm running to much apps. . .

EDIT EDIT:And when I open the settings app then go to device info , the settings info crashes how can I enable developer settings and go to marshmallow land ? Is there still data from the miui ROM (yup I found miui apk's )
5th June 2018, 10:38 PM |#463  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,374
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

Edit:When I go to Display , then lockscreen wallpaper and select my wallpaper from Gallery, I click set wallpaper , then check my lockscreen wallpaper , it still stays with that blue theme what to do?Launcher3 issue? This also happened with the official stock ROM , and they are battery drain issues or I'm running to much apps. . .

Ok for the lockscreen wallpapers use the ones on device which are built into the lenovo apk or any on device photo's or images those will all set fine.
For whatever reason it cannot set the "Google" wallpaper's for the lockscreen but it can set those as desktop wallpaper's no problem. (Probably a permission issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

EDIT EDIT:And when I open the settings app then go to device info , the settings info crashes how can I enable developer settings and go to marshmallow land ? Is there still data from the miui ROM (yup I found miui apk's )

In my haste to upload the ROM I forgot to alter the build.prop back to the original.
Go MiXplorer and from the side bar choose /root then select /system at the bottom you will see build.prop and oribuild.prop
Press and hold on build.prop for a second then at the Top you will see the letter A with a underscore tap on that and rename it Fbuild or what ever you want.
now do the same for oribuild.prop and rename that to build check the name edited correctly then
Back out of MiXplorer and "Power OFF" the tablet (not reboot) when you feel vibrate then it is fully powered off Now restart and you should not have any more problems.

I have no idea why you would have MiUi apk's left on the device if you flashed the userdata.img.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
5th June 2018, 11:37 PM |#464  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
[QUOTE=bigrammy;76729484
I have no idea why you would have MiUi apk's left on the device if you flashed the userdata.img. [/QUOTE]

I double flashed userdata.img and done a advanced format of everything but internal and external storage , maybe it was built in as a pre installed application but got disabled because they were
Not compatible , is it safe to remove all apk's? Have a Good night

Edit:I get soo confused with quotes , if I mention you will it notify you like a quote + reply ,probably. @bigrammy
6th June 2018, 12:44 AM |#465  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,374
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

I double flashed userdata.img and done a advanced format of everything but internal and external storage , maybe it was built in as a pre installed application but got disabled because they were
Not compatible , is it safe to remove all apk's? Have a Good night

Edit:I get soo confused with quotes , if I mention you will it notify you like a quote + reply ,probably. @bigrammy

I see you were using adoptable storage before maybe
Anyway you can remove and add what you like but I kinda stripped it down anyhow so backup the apk's you plan on uninstalling and remove things one at a time till things begin to break then add it back or install a alternative that will work.
It's hard to find a quality alternative for things like Album and the other Sony stuff which are ported along with all .xml and permission files etc and not simply stand alone apks like the launchers and root file manager (MiXplorer).
Give the rom a few days to settle down and build cache, data etc, etc, before judging it.

Yes you can simply mention me with the @ and my name
Quotes mentions etc are enclosed in [ ] like this example [SAMPLE]<You simply missed this] in your last one which is why it did not work. Now to end this sample you use the / and sample like so[/SAMPLE]
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
8th June 2018, 08:28 PM |#466  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Is it possible to port Los 14.1 ROM with Android kitchen or ROM converter V2? It should be!? It might actually work! Nougat on this device, if my old Samsung galaxy Tab 2 can run Los 14.1 , this can! Who cares about kernels , try and flash away
16th June 2018, 10:06 PM |#467  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
fm radio
how to enable fm radio? A10-30L
18th June 2018, 12:38 PM |#468  
lazostat's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Guys I want to test something for me. I want to tell me if Instagram and Samsung browser work well with android 6. As I said some weeks ago, when I run some apps the wifi icon blinking, which means I have bandwidth drops.. This 8s very bad for browsing experience and maybe for the battery also.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HVS...MiOOHVuXH/view
18th June 2018, 04:55 PM |#469  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
are there any similar cpu's for this device? as said before, im building lineage os 14.1 or maybe 13 for this device. L and F are compatible for sure with each other .
But any other cpu's would be much appreciated.MT8165 and MT8732 are the device model cpu's.
18th June 2018, 08:12 PM |#470  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,374
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

are there any similar cpu's for this device? as said before, im building lineage os 14.1 or maybe 13 for this device. L and F are compatible for sure with each other .
But any other cpu's would be much appreciated.MT8165 and MT8732 are the device model cpu's.

This tablet is based on the mt6752/mt6732 so your best option would be to use something like the Lenovo K3-Note ROM's by daniel_hk and others https://forum.xda-developers.com/k3-...opment#romList

daniel_hk's Github https://github.com/danielhk/android_...enovo_aio_otfp

Lineage maybe a little more difficult for now so would probably be best to use a AOSP based ROM to begin with.
I believe there are also 2 variants of the K3_Note one MediaTek and one Snapdragon so make sure to pick the correct one.

Other MediaTek Tablets based on the mt6753/mt6735 like the ones from Acer would also be portable using standard MediaTek porting procedure's

Good Luck
18th June 2018, 08:29 PM |#471  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

This tablet is based on the mt6752/mt6732 so your best option would be to use something like the Lenovo K3-Note ROM's by daniel_hk and others https://forum.xda-developers.com/k3-...opment#romList

daniel_hk's Github https://github.com/danielhk/android_...enovo_aio_otfp

Lineage maybe a little more difficult for now so would probably be best to use a AOSP based ROM to begin with.
I believe there are also 2 variants of the K3_Note one MediaTek and one Snapdragon so make sure to pick the correct one.

Other MediaTek Tablets based on the mt6753/mt6735 like the ones from Acer would also be portable using standard MediaTek porting procedure's

Good Luck

Thank you , the branches include OmniRom AOSP 8.1 Oreo! What do you think?? Could this device cope , I will build nougat anyways it's safer and most likely easier , I came across a landfill of ROMs for the cpu's you did mention!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes