FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 MM 6.0 Custom Roms and Ports

2,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,372
 
By bigrammy, Senior Member on 10th April 2017, 05:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2019, 09:09 AM |#511  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have android 6. I want twrp and magisk for root.
I'm stuck at the first step though. I have this scatterfile LenovoTab2A10-70_Android5_scatter.txt included in the twrp package.
Does it work as well for android6? If not where can I find an up to date one? (using the wifi version).

Edit tried using the modified SP Flash tools version, get this error:


Ok i Used another scatter and now it work. I got TWRP on the device BUT. I cannot unlock it... it says swipe to allow modifications but i cant swipe. Touchscreen not responding.
edit 2:
Ok reflashed the twrp this time touchscreen was responding. It's booting now. Fingers crossed
 
 
25th January 2019, 02:29 AM |#512  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you for a lot of good info.

I got an unrooted completely stock Tab 2 A10-70F here in 2019 running MM 6.0 OTA. As I understand after reading this thread and a lot of other stuff, the easiest way to root my device is to get the OTA files you have been kind enough to link in #2 and patch it with Magisk Manager. Then flash the updated image files using fastboot.

Can someone confirm?
25th January 2019, 10:38 AM |#513  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,295
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasFris

Thank you for a lot of good info.

I got an unrooted completely stock Tab 2 A10-70F here in 2019 running MM 6.0 OTA. As I understand after reading this thread and a lot of other stuff, the easiest way to root my device is to get the OTA files you have been kind enough to link in #2 and patch it with Magisk Manager. Then flash the updated image files using fastboot.

Can someone confirm?

nope your way off, you should read post 2 again
also read here for the full instructions > https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-root-t3279322
all the flashing happens with SP flashtool and later TWRP
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clsA Ad-Free
20th February 2019, 12:06 PM |#514  
AnantaSrikar's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Stuck on Lenovo Startup Screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Back up your internal SDCard!! Pictures Music etc etc all your userdata will be wiped!!!!

Copy SuperSU/Magisk zip to your External SDCard
Now Using SPFlashTool from Post #2 HERE
Flash all these at the same time.
The Empty image used to Wipe/Format your Userdata Using SPFashTool: the TWRP RECOVERY "L" and "F" 6.0 MM compatible: and the The Modified Boot.img's "Systemless SuperSU Ready" L & F versions: all of which are in post #2.

After the flash is complete boot straight to recovery then flash the SuperSU/Magisk zip which is on your External SDCard.
Reboot wait 10 mins Your Now done.

I have done the exact same thing said here...... flashed boot.img and twrprecovery.img as said ......was able to flash twrp successfully.
But I am not able to install root with the twrp.
Whenever I flash the root.zip it gets stuck at the Lenovo Startup screen and doesnt boot up.
Please tell me What i have done wrong.
I have A10-70F
Please Help
20th February 2019, 03:08 PM |#515  
clsA's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,295
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnantaSrikar

I have done the exact same thing said here...... flashed boot.img and twrprecovery.img as said ......was able to flash twrp successfully.
But I am not able to install root with the twrp.
Whenever I flash the root.zip it gets stuck at the Lenovo Startup screen and doesnt boot up.
Please tell me What i have done wrong.
I have A10-70F
Please Help

Did you extract the zip to the sdcard?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift clsA Ad-Free
20th February 2019, 03:41 PM |#516  
AnantaSrikar's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

Did you extract the zip to the sdcard?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk


Ya I got it now I flashed the wrong root su.zip file.
It would have been nice if the root file was also uploaded.

Anyways thanks a lot
23rd February 2019, 06:21 AM |#517  
AnantaSrikar's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
How to change from systemless root to system root
First of all your MM ROMs must be rooted with systemless root
Then Next, boot to Android, open SuperSU and navigate to the Settings tab. Find the Full Unroot button and tap it. When SuperSU asks if you're sure to unroot, accept. When it asks whether to restore the old boot.img, deny.

After that boot into TWRP. Once there, make sure that the /data partition be mounted. Then, under the Advanced menu, start TWRP's Terminal and issue the following commands:

cd /data
echo SYSTEMLESS=false > .supersu

This creates the file .supersu inside /data.
Finally, flash the SuperSU ZIP to force SuperSU to use the standard, old root procedure.
Then u would have TWRP as a system app.
The Following User Says Thank You to AnantaSrikar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AnantaSrikar Ad-Free
26th February 2019, 07:05 AM |#518  
AnantaSrikar's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Help me pls
@bigrammy how did u change the boot.logo in one of the customs ROMs?

Pls tell I want to put some other image as my boot.logo for my tab
Thanks
27th February 2019, 09:11 PM |#519  
bigrammy's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,372
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnantaSrikar

@bigrammy how did u change the boot.logo in one of the customs ROMs?

Pls tell I want to put some other image as my boot.logo for my tab
Thanks

If your using Windows see this tool here. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1953726
If you have any issue's using the tool etc etc then please direct your questions to that thread.
28th February 2019, 12:09 AM |#520  
AnantaSrikar's Avatar
Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

If your using Windows see this tool here. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1953726
If you have any issue's using the tool etc etc then please direct your questions to that thread.

Thanks a lot!
4th March 2019, 03:10 PM |#521  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello everyone!

Did someone rooted safely Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70L LTE+WIFI version tablet?

Mine is with Android 6.0, MOLY.LR9.W1423.MD.LWTG.MP.V59.4.P2,2016/08/16 13:54
Kernel: 3.18.19
Build: A10-70L_S000214_170606_ROW
2/16GB

After root I would like to install a custom rom.

The description does not write unfortunately, how to make with this build.

Many thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes