Post Reply Email Thread
23rd April 2019, 07:27 PM |#541  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

ok thankyou , i am downloading the spflashtool original stock mm , exept i have some valuable data on them nandroid backups Anyway to use them again , could I possibly use the data partiton from the nandroid backup only that and flash it over the new spflashtool(d) rom? EDIT: btw , i also wrote that long post to troubleshoot the error , even if i fixed my device because i like to learn about this stuff

If you made your data backup on 6.0 (MM) then restore it on MM only.
If you made your data backup on 5.0 (LP) then restore it on LP only.
Otherwise strange errors can and do occur in my experience.
When you use SPFlashTool to restore your device your /data (Interenal sdcard) will be fully wiped using "firmware upgrade" so ensure your TWRP backup is on your external sdcard or copied to your PC.
You can only restore your data with TWRP if it was made with TWRP.
SPFashtool uses images where as TWRP uses tar for backing up ext4 partitions, this saves space by backing up only files and folders instead of the whole partition which would be approx 13GB for /data
EG: Lets say you have 2GB of files and folders on your /data partition SPFlashTool will copy the entire /data partition so 11GB of that backup will be empty space.

Use Google and this forum to educate yourself as I do. My knowledge is far from complete since I work full time and I do not work with in this type of industry it's just a hobby for me and others are better qualified than me.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free

24th April 2019, 07:39 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
@bigrammy, what's the go to rom for this tablet right now?
I have installed the MM rom you shared some years ago.
However, the tablet started to give me some force closed errors, so I think it's time for wipe and start from fresh.
24th April 2019, 08:31 PM |#543  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeeee

@bigrammy, what's the go to rom for this tablet right now?
I have installed the MM rom you shared some years ago.
However, the tablet started to give me some force closed errors, so I think it's time for wipe and start from fresh.

For the WiFi version I released a updated version HERE but didn't get much feed back. It's pretty much what I am using and I have zero crashes but I do not have any other mods running except SuperSU.
It's not drastically different so don't expect too much of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
25th April 2019, 04:04 PM |#544  

More
Thanks,
Im going to read a bit again how to use the SPFlashTool, and I will probably try to flash it this weekend.
In the old rom I installed supersu, xposed... But I don't that stuff anymore, so it's fine.
29th April 2019, 09:05 PM |#545  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

For the WiFi version I released a updated version HERE but didn't get much feed back. It's pretty much what I am using and I have zero crashes but I do not have any other mods running except SuperSU.

In the sp flash tool, should I choose "Download only" or "Format All+Download" ?
I don't have any personal files to backup, and I'm going to flash all the files in the scatter file.
29th April 2019, 09:36 PM |#546  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

In the sp flash tool, should I choose "Download only" or "Format All+Download" ?
I don't have any personal files to backup, and I'm going to flash all the files in the scatter file.

Never use "Format All+Download" That mode is a last resort for bricked devices.
If you are on 6.0 already the Download only should be fine If your on 5.x then you can use "Firmware Upgrade"
30th April 2019, 03:10 AM |#547  
Flag Somewhere in Colorado
Thanks Meter: 2,323

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

I will be flashing this weekend! Thank you sir!👍🏿
The Following User Says Thank You to Jammol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jammol Ad-Free
30th April 2019, 05:23 AM |#548  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:

I'm going to flash all the files in the scatter file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammol

I will be flashing this weekend! Thank you sir!🏿

Important: Please remember the note about removing the experimental build.prop I accidentally left in and renaming "oribuild.prop" back to build.prop or it will likely not boot. Normally takes a minimum of 10 > 15 mins for the first boot anything longer than that then there maybe a problem.
30th April 2019, 04:22 PM |#549  

More
So, I must have done something wrong....
- I flashed all your files from the zip
- Booted to TWRP, flashed Magisk
- Mounted /system, deleted build.prop, renamed Ori-build.prop to bluild.prop
- Rebooted
- The system stared (with the new black logo), however I waited almost 40min and it never passed the google boot animation...

I tried the procedure again, but this time with SuperSU 2.82 SR5, and I can't pass the boot animation.
Do I need to do anything else in TWRP?
30th April 2019, 04:47 PM |#550  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

So, I must have done something wrong....
- I flashed all your files from the zip
- Booted to TWRP, flashed Magisk
- Mounted /system, deleted build.prop, renamed Ori-build.prop to bluild.prop
- Rebooted
- The system stared (with the new black logo), however I waited almost 40min and it never passed the google boot animation...

I tried the procedure again, but this time with SuperSU 2.82 SR5, and I can't pass the boot animation.
Do I need to do anything else in TWRP?

I ran into the same issue. I was able to boot only after performing "Wipe All", type yes. 10 minuets later, success...
30th April 2019, 05:52 PM |#551  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavogaro

I ran into the same issue. I was able to boot only after performing "Wipe All", type yes. 10 minuets later, success...

I tried again with the Wipe/Format Data/yes, then reboot and I still have the same problem.

Edit: After 10 or 15 tries I've managed to boot

- Didn't flash the cache/userdata
- Boot to TWRP, and Wipe>Format Data>yes and turn off
- Boot to TWRP, install SuperSU, and then wipe Cache/Dalvik, and reboot system
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)