3rd July 2019, 03:45 AM |#561  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Hi all just a quick update,
I have managed to get the KitKat Kernel Source Code to build the kernel
I have a few more things to try and work out but when I do I will push it to github with the instruction.

Still a some way to go to get a custom OS but we are one step closer now.

Finally! Thanks a lot I can't wait for the custom ROM for our tabs

3rd July 2019, 01:03 PM |#562  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,359

More
Calling ALL experienced kernel dev's
Ok I have studied the kernel source and I THINK it is possible to get a mm n and maybe even a o compatible kernel from what I have seen on other device running the MediaTek 3.10.Xxx kernel. I doubt very much it will be simple and will require some real world experienced dev's to assist in this project because I am not really that experienced in this area.
I will be starting a new dev thread specifically for the kernel development so as not to bog down this thread.
I will get everything up (thread, github, etc) in a few days when I am on my next set of days off.

Please do not post things like "When will we have Oreo" "Any news" "Why's it taking so long" "When will it be ready" "ETA Please"
They are pointless and frankly quite stupid questions so please don't make yourself look ignorant by posting such comments.
If there is any development at all I can assure you the people who subscribe to this thread will be the first to know!!!

So any experienced dev's please show your interest by leaving a comment if you would like to be involved in the project.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
12th July 2019, 06:02 PM |#563  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Wow , what WHAT? Cool .
I , um , uhhh am still being a noob
But I'm building a device tree!?
Just gotta understand the structure, look at the android.mk and boardconfigs , device.mk , will just switch my windows 10 ssd to Ubuntu (dualbooting is bad and messes up w10updates).
Edit: Can I help? I'm not experienced but the more the merrier? I'm learning
13th July 2019, 05:45 AM |#564  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

Wow , what WHAT? Cool .
Just gotta understand the structure, look at the android.mk and boardconfigs , device.mk , will just switch my windows 10 ssd to Ubuntu (dualbooting is bad and messes up w10updates).

Sure feel free
I will push things to github soon as and start a thread just been a little busy of late.
I will mention or PM you when things are up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
15th July 2019, 08:13 PM |#565  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcstaticGamer

Wow , what WHAT? Cool .

Finally found some spare time to push things to github
https://github.com/bigrammy/lenovo_kernel_a10-70f
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
16th July 2019, 04:42 AM |#566  
Flag Bangalore

More
Guys will you be able to develop the same for the L version, i.e, the one with sim card?
16th July 2019, 09:45 AM |#567  
OP Senior Member
Flag huddersfield

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnantaSrikar

Guys will you be able to develop the same for the L version, i.e, the one with sim card?

IF we can manage to build a working F (WiFi Only) Then it should be possible to build the L version without too much issue.
I own the F (WiFi Only) version so that's what I will concentrate on for now.
This project is a Long Long way off getting any custom built ROM's since I am not experienced in this area and I am still very much learning as I go.
It is very early days but I was really hoping some experienced dev's would come onboard to lead the way as this would drastically cut the development time but sadly we have not had very much response so far.
Hopefully @EcstaticGamer is a quick learner since he is the only one to of showed any real interest so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bigrammy Ad-Free
16th July 2019, 10:22 AM |#568  
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

IF we can manage to build a working F (WiFi Only) Then it should be possible to build the L version without too much issue.
I own the F (WiFi Only) version so that's what I will concentrate on for now.
This project is a Long Long way off getting any custom built ROM's since I am not experienced in this area and I am still very much learning as I go.
It is very early days but I was really hoping some experienced dev's would come onboard to lead the way as this would drastically cut the development time but sadly we have not had very much response so far.
Hopefully @EcstaticGamer is a quick learner since he is the only one to of showed any real interest so far.

Hmm ok. I too want to help, but I really don't understand much about making the device tree. All the best
16th July 2019, 12:02 PM |#569  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Is 10 bit hevc or VP9 profile 2 [ 10 bit webm ] working for anybody? Supposedly it should hwaccel those, even chrome reports them, but at least in 7.0 it seems to be broken universally.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)