FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Mediatek Helio P10 Development (Porting guides, bug fixes and more)

1,547 posts
Thanks Meter: 811

Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2019, 10:46 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Sorry but I dont have the time or knowledge to do this and It would require the phone in hand to even consider an attempt at it.
I also have some very capable devices hardware wise but sadly no kernel source code for them so those are all stuck on older android versions too.
To be honest I find a stripped down oem stock Android 6.0 ROM better.
I swap all the oem's app's such as launcher dialer messages contacts etc etc and replace them with google's own app's and associated libs after this I find most rom's work really well and I get app updates on regular basis.
A softly softly approach is best when removing the oem stuff as you don't want to lose any real functionality so this part can be time consuming...

Fair enough. Can you recommend any devs that might be willing to have a go at reverse engineering the kernel on my phone? I'm willing to post the phone to whoever is willing to have a go. I desperately want to move on from Android 6.0.

Thanks,

Chris
13th October 2019, 04:38 AM |#32  
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 2,396

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8189

Fair enough. Can you recommend any devs that might be willing to have a go at reverse engineering the kernel on my phone? I'm willing to post the phone to whoever is willing to have a go. I desperately want to move on from Android 6.0.

Thanks,

Chris

Sadly I don't know any and if I did I would send them some of my devices.
My Luxury Brand Lumigon T3 (Genuine) is also stuck on MM with no Kernel Source Code available which is a real shame for a device with such great spec's.
13th October 2019, 11:01 AM |#33  

More
Quote:

Sadly I don't know any and if I did I would send them some of my devices.
My Luxury Brand Lumigon T3 (Genuine) is also stuck on MM with no Kernel Source Code available which is a real shame for a device with such great spec's.

With a phone as expensive and luxurious as Lumigon, that is indeed a shame that you can't upgrade from Marshmallow. I've always loved Lumigon's!

I might start a separate thread on this in the hope of trying to reach out to a dev on XDA who would be willing to have a go.

Chris
15th October 2019, 12:40 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonta72

Now that you know your hardware, let's move on with porting.
I will not tell you how to get your stock ready. I assume you already how to do that.
I will instead go straight with the porting guides.
There are: normal porting and crossporting.

Before you start, understand that:
These guides have been tested on a MT6750 device i.e Doogee Y6. The software is AOSP with a slightly modified frameworks. Devices with custom skins are usually known to be hard to handle. AmigoOS based devices are always hard to manage when it comes to rom porting. Same way, it is hard to port AmigoOS to another device.
I take no responsiblility if anything go wrong. Your device, your choices, your responsibility.

Normal Porting guides

Note: By normal, I meant MT6755 to MT6750 and vice-versa.

Method 1: Port just the kernel

Unpack it with carliv image kitchen and copy boot.img-kernel from stock unpacked boot to port unpacked boot folder and repack. Use the modded boot.img. If the rom doesn’t boot, then move to crossport method. Bug fixing is after that method.

Method 2: Files replace method

Note: Go with either A or B.

A) Simplified process

B) The other method

links are dead... is there any thread regarding or same as this?
I want to try this porting for example i have LineageOS 14.1 for MT6750T & my Phone is Homtom HT70 MT6750T also..
The Following User Says Thank You to khronus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khronus Ad-Free
15th October 2019, 02:12 AM |#35  

More
Quote:

Method 3: Patch the port boot.img

Open your unpacked stock boot. Copy these files from stock boot to port boot:

Code:

boot.img-base
boot.img-board
boot.img-cmdline
boot.img-kernel
boot.img-kernel_offset
boot.img-pagesize
boot.img-ramdisk_offset
boot.img-ramdisk-compress
boot.img-tags_offset

Open stock ramdisk and copy all the files with 6755 in their names.
Paste them in port ramdisk. Delete any file in port ramdisk that has 6735 in its name.
Select all the files in port ramdisk folder. Click edit with Notepad ++ (you need to have installed Notepad ++ of course).
In Notepad ++, click “Ctrl + H”. In “Find what” column, write 6735. In “Replace with” column write 6755. Click “Replace All in All opened documents”.
Now, right click on a file name in Notepad ++ (on the top), choose “Close all BUT this”. You’ll be prompted if you want to save the changes to the files modified. Always choose “Yes”.
Pack the boot.img
At this point, your ROM should boot but you’ll eventually suffer wifi and bt switches problems (or even the camera opening). If those happen, copy init.project.rc and meta_init.project.rc from your stock ramdisk to port ramdisk. Replace existing ones and pack the boot.img

I cant understand the Step 4.??? Select all files ins ramdisk folder then edit by note++??? you mean one by one??

Edit: i think i understand now.. all files except folders.. sorry. hehe.
15th October 2019, 04:08 AM |#36  

More
May i request for someone here to share their MT6750T CustomROm? I will try to port to my Homtom HT70 MT6750T.. please??
I read and follow the steps here and try to port on other Phones with MT6750T but i got no luck and always bootlooped...

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote:

Nokia 3.1 is MT6750 I Think it may have been upgraded to Android 9 by now but not 100% sure
https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_3_1-9215.php

look at this https://www.getdroidtips.com/lineage-os-16-homtom-s99/

HomTom S99 6750T running Lineage OS 16 Android Pie. can we get this ROM work on same MT6750T? i have HomTom HT70 MT6750T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khronus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khronus Ad-Free
20th October 2019, 11:26 PM |#37  

More
@Nonta72 - The Mega links in your guide on the first page are broken. I'm trying to follow your guide but need working links. Would you mind reposting them?

Thanks,

Chris
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)