FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GROUP] MicroG Discussion (UNOFFICIAL)

172 posts
Thanks Meter: 61

By FriendlyNeighborhoodShane, Senior Member on 24th May 2018, 06:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi people!

Although MicroG development seems to have slowed down, We know there are still thousands of people using this handy little piece of software to claim back their performance, their battery life, their storage, and above all, their privacy.

Using MicroG for beginners is no easy job. You might run into problems. You might wanna try different combinations of MicroG and Google (Hey, what's free software for?).That's why having a support system is essential.

Yes, we're aware that there seems to already be a Telegram group in the official MicroG OP. But to be honest, that group is crap. The admin bans random newcomers and old veterans alike for expressing their disagreements or being in another group, or randomly, even being 'Alts'. From what we've heard, discussion has basically bottlenecked in that group because of fear (Cannot personally confirm. Was banned for using Chrome).

So, here is the other group.

We're basically a set of channels and groups that discuss and provide everything MicroG, FOSS, and Android. We have guides and experts and cool reaction GIFs and whatnot to help you work through either your first or 1000th issue in MicroG. And guess what, we don't ban people for expressing their views or using Gapps (Though we still hate people that wanna sync Google Photos).

We also have our own, up-to-date (UNOFFICIAL) forks of MicroG with installers just with bumped version numbers so that no app will bother you with that 'Update Play Services' message.

The rules are quite simple. Please use common sense, and English. Both mandatory.

(On the request of the MicroG developer, we would like to assert that this group is quite unofficial. If you want Official, try your luck in russian roulette with the official MicroG group. Don't worry, we welcome you dead or alive)

Due to the new XDA rules about chats, we can't post our telegram links here, so here is our MicroG pack github, which links to our channel, which has links to our group. (might not be convenient, but rules)
https://github.com/NoGooLag

Please try to spread the word.
Good luck, and stay free (as in freedom).
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to FriendlyNeighborhoodShane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FriendlyNeighborhoodShane Ad-Free

24th May 2018, 07:37 PM |#2  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 136

More
I am here too. Not sure if you are on TG I9082 Group, but count me in mate. Lemme know what is needed of, and I will oblige.

Btw, the TG link for the channel is:

https://t.me/NoGoolag

To join the group chat:

https://t.me/joinchat/INQp0kX2D7fcxcAXY6eZJA
The Following User Says Thank You to vdbhb59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vdbhb59 Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 07:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 728

More
Thanks dude, totally agree what you said, I'm one of the victims of the evil g333k.

btw I would really suggest you to use other browser than Chrome though, at least try ungoogled-chromium or inox
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dic1911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dic1911 Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 07:42 PM |#4  
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dic1911

Thanks dude, totally agree what you said, I'm one of the victims of the evil g333k.

btw I would really suggest you to use other browser than Chrome though, at least try ungoogled-chromium or inox

Firefox, Dual Browser, Rocket Browser. I use the last 2. They are best. Even Naked Browser is awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to vdbhb59 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vdbhb59 Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 07:59 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 372

Donate to Me
More
Quoting @devrruti:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrruti

MicroG Pack Update 1.4 (May, 16th 2018)

Notes
This is for people who depends on Google apps like YouTube, Chrome, Gmail, Maps, GBoard, Keep, etc.

Included packages
- Latest MicroG Services Core
- Latest MicroG Services Framework Proxy
- Latest Deja Vu Location Service
- Latest Local GSM Location Service
- Latest Local Wi-Fi Location Service
- Latest Mozilla Unified NLP Backend
- Latest Nominatim NLP Backend
- Google Calendar Sync Adapter
- Google Contacts Sync Adapter
- Google Keyboard Support
- Google Maps Support
- Latest Google Play Store
- OTA auto backup/restore script

Is there any way we can get a debloated package? Say, no GApps included whatsoever. GMS Core, Framework proxy and a couple of location backends along with Google Play Store (might be offered optional as @Shadow53's .zip files - one that comes bundled with GPlay and the other that does not have the Store,) that way, we may make the flashable zip considerably lighter and offer an option for hardcore microG users.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rottenwheel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rottenwheel Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 08:15 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,423

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenwheel

Quoting @devrruti:

Is there any way we can get a debloated package? Say, no GApps included whatsoever. GMS Core, Framework proxy and a couple of location backends along with Google Play Store (might be offered optional as @Shadow53's .zip files - one that comes bundled with GPlay and the other that does not have the Store,) that way, we may make the flashable zip considerably lighter and offer an option for hardcore microG users.

Delete the files from the zip
The Following User Says Thank You to d1n0x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d1n0x Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 08:19 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n0x

Delete the files from the zip

That's a hacky solution. It's better if you provide the solution from the release itself. But okay, every developer has the right to develop and do as it pleases.
24th May 2018, 08:25 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

That's a hacky solution. It's better if you provide the solution from the release itself. But okay, every developer has the right to develop and do as it pleases.

I've been working on the installer, but the primary devs are busy. Probably this wekend, we'll release a newer version of the zip with loads of new stuff, compatibility with x86/64, mips/64, magisk module support, customizable install, etc. Basically pack 2.0
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FriendlyNeighborhoodShane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FriendlyNeighborhoodShane Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 08:29 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyNeighborhoodShane

I've been working on the installer, but the primary devs are busy. Probably this wekend, we'll release a newer version of the zip with loads of new stuff, compatibility with x86/64, mips/64, magisk module support, customizable install, etc. Basically pack 2.0

That's great news. I insist, making a debloated GMS Core, Framework Proxy with say, Mozilla and Deja Vu backends should be an appealing deal for those who want to avoid the package coming bundled with GApps and root installers. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

As for a customizable install I hope you are not loading it with Aroma, huh. I don't intend to bring up a pun but, a simple flashable installer with the barebone of what's required for MicroG to work is fair enough.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rottenwheel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rottenwheel Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 08:40 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

That's great news. I insist, making a debloated GMS Core, Framework Proxy with say, Mozilla and Deja Vu backends should be an appealing deal for those who want to avoid the package coming bundled with GApps and root installers. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid.

As for a customizable install I hope you are not loading it with Aroma, huh. I don't intend to bring up a pun but, a simple flashable installer with the barebone of what's required for MicroG to work is fair enough.

Nope. A text file, from which you can remove items you don't wanna install. But, still a WIP
The Following User Says Thank You to FriendlyNeighborhoodShane For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FriendlyNeighborhoodShane Ad-Free
24th May 2018, 09:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Here is the latest version 1.4 from telegram channel mod edit - link removed

https://transfer.sh/gY3od/MicroG_Pac...arm64-v1.4.zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devrruti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devrruti Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)