FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[ROM] LG K4 K120E PreRooted stock rom 5.1.1 Lollipop with SuperSU!

803 posts
Thanks Meter: 299

By khanvict90, Senior Member on 26th January 2017, 01:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The newer builds above 2016-01-01 cant be rooted with KingoRoot or KingRoot any more but if you want to downgrade and be rooted you can use this good luck

>>LG K4 K120E<< is rooted with SuperSU!
Android Version: 5.1.1
Patch Level: 2016-01-01
Kernel Version: 3.10.65
Buildnumber: LMY47V
Baseband Number: MOLY.LR9.W1530.MD.LWTG.TC01.SP.E1LTE.V1.P2
Software Version: V10I-EUR-XX

Download Link:
https://mega.nz/#F!rshTgL7a!MPQ_qnVjfHnMgSuwHbtE9g

You can flash it with Smart Phone flash Tool.
The scatter file for LG K4 K120E is below.

WARNING!!!!! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Download Smart Phone Flash Tool Windows:
https://androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool
Attached Files
File Type: txt MT6735M_Android_scatter_LGK4.txt - [Click for QR Code] (13.8 KB, 4472 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khanvict90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khanvict90 Ad-Free

26th January 2017, 03:56 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
It works for me so it will work for you guys to!
27th January 2017, 06:17 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
First, thanks for this.
I own a K130E, which has the same hardware specs but sold outside EU, is it safe to try this?
I'm worried that the mobile op. won't recognize it anymore (it's my first time flashing a rom so I don't know if that makes sense or not).
29th January 2017, 04:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasgf22

First, thanks for this.
I own a K130E, which has the same hardware specs but sold outside EU, is it safe to try this?
I'm worried that the mobile op. won't recognize it anymore (it's my first time flashing a rom so I don't know if that makes sense or not).

i wish i could tell you but i cant tell you if its working or not because i dont have a K130E and cant test it out sorry man i have to leave to you
23rd February 2017, 02:37 PM |#5  

More
Please, give us instructions how to install the ROM
Thanks
9th April 2017, 05:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
So, I'm yet another one who's asking for help. Not because I can't flash a ROM, but because I have never used this program before and I really don't have the time to explore and explain to myself what this and that setting does. So, by replying to this thread, you would do yourself a favor (not getting any more notifications from people in this thread trying to figure out how it works) and me and much more guys like me (by telling us how it's done, since there are no other places on the Internet regarding the root of this phone).

EDIT: I figured it out, after 2 hours.

So, here we go:

Before you start this, make sure you have the LG drivers installed! If not, connect the phone to your PC and in the notification center, select the notifiaction that says "Device connected as ___". It will open up another window. Press on the three dots in the up right side of the screen and select "Install drivers", if the phone doesn't ask for this as soon as the window is opened. The driver installer should pop in your computer. I guess you know what to do with what popped up.

1st: Create a Mega account, if you don't already have one, you'll understand later why. Download and extract the ROM that the OP is giving link to. If you're using Firefox, get Chrome and download it from there as the file is hosted on Mega, which won't store almost anything if on Firefox. So, open the ROM link in Chrome and log into your Mega account. Now, open the link again, right click on that folder and select "Download as .zip" file. Chrome should ask for permission to let Mega store things on your PC, allow it.

2nd: After the download is ready, extract it somewhere you won't forget it's there.

3rd: Download Smart Phone Flash tool. Select last version compatible with Windows PC and, after it's downloaded, extract it. Right click on flash_tool.exe, go to compatibility tab and select "Run program as Administrator".

4th: Download Scatter file - right click on the attached file to this thread and select "Save as…" and click OK. The file should be saved in your Downloads folder.

5th: Open flash_tool.exe and go to download tab. Select "Scatter-Loading" and point to the file downloaded at step 4. VERY IMPORTANT!! DON'T MODIFY ANYTHING!! LET EVERYTHING AS THE PROGRAM SEES AND CONFIGURES IT!!

6th: You will see that only "system" is checked, but it isn't pointed to any file. Under the directory tab, you'll have to click on the empty space and point to where you extracted the ROM, at the file system.img.

7th: If your phone is on, turn it off and remove its battery.

8th: In flash_tool, press download. Now, connect your device to the computer and do a short "Volume Up" button press. The program will detect the phone and it will start the flashing process, which will take ~5 minutes.

9th: After the flash is done, you can close the program and disconnect your phone. Plug the battery back in and power the phone back up. After it boots up, you may get com.android.phone errors or something similar. You will have to get to Settings-Backup&Reset and reset the phone. After it's been reset, you will be able to enjoy your rooted LG K4. Good luck!

Thank you, OP for this thing. Also, some extra information, this is ranked as "Hard" to root phone by Root Checker and it is ~4600th hardest to root out of 5600 phone model numbers registered in Root Checker. Didn't expect that.
The Following User Says Thank You to antoniu200 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antoniu200 Ad-Free
18th April 2017, 11:29 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniu200

So, I'm yet another one who's asking for help. Not because I can't flash a ROM, but because I have never used this program before and I really don't have the time to explore and explain to myself what this and that setting does. So, by replying to this thread, you would do yourself a favor (not getting any more notifications from people in this thread trying to figure out how it works) and me and much more guys like me (by telling us how it's done, since there are no other places on the Internet regarding the root of this phone).

EDIT: I figured it out, after 2 hours.

So, here we go:

Before you start this, make sure you have the LG drivers installed! If not, connect the phone to your PC and in the notification center, select the notifiaction that says "Device connected as ___". It will open up another window. Press on the three dots in the up right side of the screen and select "Install drivers", if the phone doesn't ask for this as soon as the window is opened. The driver installer should pop in your computer. I guess you know what to do with what popped up.

1st: Create a Mega account, if you don't already have one, you'll understand later why. Download and extract the ROM that the OP is giving link to. If you're using Firefox, get Chrome and download it from there as the file is hosted on Mega, which won't store almost anything if on Firefox. So, open the ROM link in Chrome and log into your Mega account. Now, open the link again, right click on that folder and select "Download as .zip" file. Chrome should ask for permission to let Mega store things on your PC, allow it.

2nd: After the download is ready, extract it somewhere you won't forget it's there.

3rd: Download Smart Phone Flash tool. Select last version compatible with Windows PC and, after it's downloaded, extract it. Right click on flash_tool.exe, go to compatibility tab and select "Run program as Administrator".

4th: Download Scatter file - right click on the attached file to this thread and select "Save as…" and click OK. The file should be saved in your Downloads folder.

5th: Open flash_tool.exe and go to download tab. Select "Scatter-Loading" and point to the file downloaded at step 4. VERY IMPORTANT!! DON'T MODIFY ANYTHING!! LET EVERYTHING AS THE PROGRAM SEES AND CONFIGURES IT!!

6th: You will see that only "system" is checked, but it isn't pointed to any file. Under the directory tab, you'll have to click on the empty space and point to where you extracted the ROM, at the file system.img.

7th: If your phone is on, turn it off and remove its battery.

8th: In flash_tool, press download. Now, connect your device to the computer and do a short "Volume Up" button press. The program will detect the phone and it will start the flashing process, which will take ~5 minutes.

9th: After the flash is done, you can close the program and disconnect your phone. Plug the battery back in and power the phone back up. After it boots up, you may get com.android.phone errors or something similar. You will have to get to Settings-Backup&Reset and reset the phone. After it's been reset, you will be able to enjoy your rooted LG K4. Good luck!

Thank you, OP for this thing. Also, some extra information, this is ranked as "Hard" to root phone by Root Checker and it is ~4600th hardest to root out of 5600 phone model numbers registered in Root Checker. Didn't expect that.

your welcome man!!!
23rd April 2017, 03:14 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I ****ed up... :S
Hey guys, damn i was so happy to see this sh!t because I bricked my phone hard when i was playing with some settings in the root directory and I was playing around with the write and read functions because I was trying to be able to write and format my sd card on my PC and anyways it ****ed up my settings so i had this "Bluetooth stopped working" or whatever pop up every 1 sec and no connection could load because of it so it was basically bricked i tried hard reset, didn't work so i was going to flash so i first tried the LG flash thingie, didn't detect the phone and when the LG mobile support tool was starting then it didn't detect the file and everything was just not going right, so in the end i found the software smart phone flash tool and researched a bit and found this thread here with the scatter file and img, so anyways i ****ed up when i was going to flash the phone with this software because i thought download meant literally downloading the software online so i checked in format all + download and left it all blank
then i held the volume button for a long time but did not see any recovery panel or anything but i saw the software load every once a while but still phone screen black so i thought that the reason the software was showing loading every once n a while was because it was maybe trying to detect the phone but not being able to so i took the cable out and then i got some error, so i thought damn maybe it was really extracting some files or something, so i think that i basically formatted the phone and download does mean extract?!?! or what?? does it download files or you have to input them manually ?
if that is the case then can you guys help me locate the missing files from a full format?

that is tee1, tee2, preloader, user data

---- EDIT ----
ok now I tried without using the above I requested and I get this error
hxxp://imgur.com/a/G0g69

--- EDIT 2 -----
Seems most information says that my preloader is corrupt and i am trying to have mtk droid root detect my phone which is identical in model and going to dump the data from there through a backup and cross my fingers hoping that the preloader is also in there and (which is going very badly since my authorization does never pop up after i enabled debugging and it never pops up in mtk and I tried reinstalling and installing and uninstalling about every single driver out there and about 10 restarts so trying to figure that out, if someone can dump the preloader it would be good

---- EDIT 3 ------
I was able to get my phone out of hard brick mode and here is a full download to what i used https://mega.nz/#!jwdSwT7T!Tn3rPS0Le...7Lg8l1OZ6Bri1Y <<< it is stock firmware 2016 with ALL software included to fix if you get in a hard brick situation or brick your device somehow then you can do a full restore from this I did a full restore with preloader and now I am only installing this pre-rooted version and it works fine, anyways all ended well and if you have any trouble with LG K 4 bricking then use this what I posted and sometimes it's good to only upload the preloader first with no battery in phone and then taking the cable from the phone and putting the battery in and then flashing all the rest with the battery and then taking cable out and starting the phone
-----THE FIX-----
The Following User Says Thank You to noobinrooting For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift noobinrooting Ad-Free
29th May 2017, 03:24 AM |#9  

More
Rooted lg K120AR
Hello friends of the forum I tried this rom on my LG K120AR (from Argentina) and it works correctly !!!

Thank you very much for the help!!
5th June 2017, 08:57 AM |#10  

More
Hola , que dejaste seleccionado para flashear el 120
Hola , que dejaste seleccionado para flashear el 120ar soy de argentina tambien lo hice como decia ahi y no me pasa del logo de LG y el driver de mtp me salta error no me deja instalarlo de niguna forma para flshear lo de stock
6th June 2017, 07:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facufox87

Hola , que dejaste seleccionado para flashear el 120ar soy de argentina tambien lo hice como decia ahi y no me pasa del logo de LG y el driver de mtp me salta error no me deja instalarlo de niguna forma para flshear lo de stock

justo estaba por flashearlo y vi tu comentario , es imposible rootear este aparato parece
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg k4, lg-k4, lollipop, rom, supersu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)