0 Vote(s)
0%
TWRP recovery.img

2 Vote(s)
50.00%
Other zip files

2 Vote(s)
50.00%

Micromax Unite 3 | tweaked boot.img | TWRP 3.0.2-0 recovery | Hacked service.jar

141 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By shankar_vl, Senior Member on 12th November 2016, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is only for the Micromax Unite 3 Q372 on stock ROM

Waiting is over!!! Hi, guys there are not many custom Roms or tweaks for the Unite 3 device as there are for its predecessor Unite 2. This made me to do extensive search and compile myself necessary tweaks to boost the device performance. As I believe I have made considerable progress on this, I dare to share them here with you. These tweaks have been devised after searching lot through the Internet, especially xda forum and modified to suite to Unite 3. Many of them are directly embedded in boot.img as they are related to boot.img or are required to be set during boot. Some are shipped in zip files for flashing through custom recovery (in second posting). Here are my works and explanation of what they feature and do.

A. Features of boot.img

1. Encryption disabled: It is found that encryption of data partition affects device performance. Apps on data partition don't open up quickly and on launching also their performance is not as good as sys apps due to encryption. Hence in the tweaked boot.img I have completely disabled the encryption which results in improved performance of user installed apps. Another added advantage of unencrypted data partition is that in recovery mode we can mount data partition which otherwise is not possible in any of the recovery images of unite 3. Further with this, it is also possible to take backup of data partition and restore it. However, for the data partition to be unencrypted, after porting the boot.img, you have to factory reset the device (in TWRP custom recovery, wipe -> swipe to factory reset) that wipe the data partition (take back up of data through Titanium app in case you want to restore later). This is one time job. After this, data partition would be unencrypted enabling mounting while in recovery.

2. Insecure adbd (root required): With insecured adb binary, while connected to the computer (of course ADB platform tools are to be installed on the computer) device's root shell can be directly entered by typing just 'adb shell' at the prompt.

3. init.d enabled (root required): init.d is enabled in boot.img. init.d scripts can simply be put in the /system/etc/init.d folder and tweak zips requiring init.d folder for running scripts at boot be flashed after entering recovery mode.

4. Disabled unnecessary daemon services: Some services which have been disabled are BTW, logd, PPLAgent, DMAgent, etc to improve upon battery as well as device performance.

5. swap partition on data partition: Tweaked boot.img creates swap partition on data partition. Swap virtually increases the ram of the device facilitating the apps to perform without glitches. Along with creation of swap partition, minfree values will also get changed. Modified minfree values allow apps to remain longer in ram without being killed in oom (out of memory) situations. As a result, apps quickly open if already launched. I have created three versions of boot.img. First one does not create swap partition while other two versions create swap partition of sizes 300mb and 500mb. Before porting the images that create swap partition, please ensure that required size of free space is available in data partition.

6. Various kernel tweaks: Besides, there are many kernel, VM, entropy tweaks incorporated in boot.img. Thermal.off.conf file will be loaded so that device performance is not diminished on increase in device heat after prolonged working (against default settings of diminished performance in case of heat increase).

7. Selinux set to permissive: Selinux is set to permissive during boot. It is a prerequisite for some root apps for functioning.

Download links:
For no_swap_boot.img - http://www.mediafire.com/file/3zfw5d..._swap_boot.img
For with300mb_swap_boot.img - http://www.mediafire.com/file/8gj8dr..._swap_boot.img
For with500mb_swap_boot.img - http://www.mediafire.com/file/anjxea..._swap_boot.img

B. TWRP 3.0.2.0 recovery.img
TWRP img version 3.0.2.0 works perfectly except that it's image is upside down. You've to hold the device upside down while in recovery. That is not at all a problem. And all other features work perfectly. You can take back up, restore the back up, flash custom Roms and install zip files in the custom recovery.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/36332m..._3recovery.img

Method to flash boot and custom recovery images
Requirements:
1. Root the device (with KingRoot)
2. Install busybox
3. Install flashify app

You can flash boot and recovery images through flashify app (root required - root Unite 3 with KingRoot app) and busybox installed. However, the app does not readily work on Unite 3. You have to do a small adjustment of changing the order of contents of PATH variable before app becomes functional. For this, you require android Terminal Emulator app installed on the device. In the Terminal Emulator app, type at the prompt the following, PATH=/system/xbin:/system/bin, and press enter button. This sets the PATH variable to our requirement. Now we are ready for flashing (in flashify app). Place first the downloaded boot and recovery img files in internal or external memory and open up the flashify app, go for flash boot and recovery as the case may be and select the img file. Be careful to select boot.img file while flashing boot and recovery.img (TWRP recovery file) while flashing recovery. That's all

Once again it is reiterated that after porting (flashing) boot.img, do a factory reset in recovery mode (after flashing TWRP custom recovery, reboot into recovery, select wipe and swipe for factory reset) for data partition to become unencrypted afterwards.
The Following User Says Thank You to shankar_vl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shankar_vl Ad-Free

12th November 2016, 07:00 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
C. Zip files for installation:

All zip files are to be flashed after entering into recovery mode. First place zip files in internal or external SD card, reboot into recovery i.e., TWRP, press install button and select the zip file and swipe the swipe bar.

1. JournalingDisabler zip: Journaling is a security feature of ext4 file system. Journaling feature is a mechanism of writing in the journal first, then flushing the same on to memory device later. This is a precautionary measure against data loss on sudden shutting down or break down of system in real time scenarios. Journal features are not very much required on mobile phones. Journaling is with some performance overhead. Hence disabling feature results in considerable performance boost and battery saving.

An important note to bear in mind while installing this zip in custom recovery is first unmount system, data and cached partitions by unchecking these partitions in mount option in recovery mode. Then install.

2. Tools zip (tools.zip): This installs some binary tools which I feel essential for the device and replaces certain stock files with the tweaked ones. It installs SQLite binary compatible with Unite 3, zipalign binary for zipaligning apps (this zip will not zipalign apps, look elsewhere for script to zipalign your apps) and a small shell script to display the entropy level in terminal emulator (type 'entropy' at prompt in android terminal emulator and press enter. Maximum entropy level is 4096. Tweaked boot.img is tweaked to keep entropy level high). Further, it replaces stock build.prop with modified one with various performance properties, hosts file in /etc folder for ad blocking, hacked platform.xml to grant apps permission to write on external sd card, and tweaked settings.db in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings folder for unlocking hotspot. One more important thing is that this zip replaces stock linker binary with hacked one to obviate the problem of position independent executables faced while using some binaries.

3. Modded systemUI apk (SystemUIReplacer.zip): modded systemUI displays transparent status bar in place of dark background.

4. Hacked service.jar (servicejarReplacer.zip): This is the prized one. This hacked service.jar is attempted to modify all the things what famous Zeppelinrox's script does to ics and jellybean service.jar. minfrees values have been changed which among other things set adj value of launcher app to 0 so that there will not be any redraws of launcher app in case of oom (out of memory situations). Max Background cached apps limit has been increased to 70 from stock 32 and in addition, values have been modified in an attempt to increase lock in period of apps from stock 30 minutes to 24 hours provided apps are not killed for want of ram, but this is experimental. After replacing, you please tell me the results.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JournalingDisabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (480.2 KB, 162 views)
File Type: zip SystemUIReplacer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.04 MB, 212 views)
File Type: zip servicesjarReplacer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.23 MB, 158 views)
File Type: zip tools.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.02 MB, 182 views)
19th December 2016, 08:16 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
not working custom rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar_vl

C. Zip files for installation:

All zip files are to be flashed after entering into recovery mode. First place zip files in internal or external SD card, reboot into recovery i.e., TWRP, press install button and select the zip file and swipe the swipe bar.

1. JournalingDisabler zip: Journaling is a security feature of ext4 file system. Journaling feature is a mechanism of writing in the journal first, then flushing the same on to memory device later. This is a precautionary measure against data loss on sudden shutting down or break down of system in real time scenarios. Journal features are not very much required on mobile phones. Journaling is with some performance overhead. Hence disabling feature results in considerable performance boost and battery saving.

An important note to bear in mind while installing this zip in custom recovery is first unmount system, data and cached partitions by unchecking these partitions in mount option in recovery mode. Then install.

2. Tools zip (tools.zip): This installs some binary tools which I feel essential for the device and replaces certain stock files with the tweaked ones. It installs SQLite binary compatible with Unite 3, zipalign binary for zipaligning apps (this zip will not zipalign apps, look elsewhere for script to zipalign your apps) and a small shell script to display the entropy level in terminal emulator (type 'entropy' at prompt in android terminal emulator and press enter. Maximum entropy level is 4096. Tweaked boot.img is tweaked to keep entropy level high). Further, it replaces stock build.prop with modified one with various performance properties, hosts file in /etc folder for ad blocking, hacked platform.xml to grant apps permission to write on external sd card, and tweaked settings.db in /data/data/com.android.providers.settings folder for unlocking hotspot. One more important thing is that this zip replaces stock linker binary with hacked one to obviate the problem of position independent executables faced while using some binaries.

3. Modded systemUI apk (SystemUIReplacer.zip): modded systemUI displays transparent status bar in place of dark background.

4. Hacked service.jar (servicejarReplacer.zip): This is the prized one. This hacked service.jar is attempted to modify all the things what famous Zeppelinrox's script does to ics and jellybean service.jar. minfrees values have been changed which among other things set adj value of launcher app to 0 so that there will not be any redraws of launcher app in case of oom (out of memory situations). Max Background cached apps limit has been increased to 70 from stock 32 and in addition, values have been modified in an attempt to increase lock in period of apps from stock 30 minutes to 24 hours provided apps are not killed for want of ram, but this is experimental. After replacing, you please tell me the results.

i successfully installed rom, but remix boot logo animation showing not booting properly,,

i need stable custom rom,

i tried all custom rom for q372, all get bootloop,,

if i port a rom , showing set_metadata_recursive error even i using latest TWRP 3.0.2.0

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

All micromax q372 tweaking well which i trid
21st December 2016, 05:08 AM |#4  

More
Prompt Moded lollicraft 5.1.1 for q372 by me

Finally working custom rom for micromax unite 3, modded and tested my mee....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-21-10-32-39[1].png
Views:	276
Size:	220.7 KB
ID:	3975170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-21-10-33-14[1].png
Views:	210
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	3975171   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-21-10-35-50[1].png
Views:	202
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	3975172  
26th January 2017, 05:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by younsahamed

Finally working custom rom for micromax unite 3, modded and tested my mee....

What SoC Unite 3 has ?
3rd May 2017, 08:29 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshankakoty

What SoC Unite 3 has ?

MTK6582
22nd September 2017, 07:51 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi sir my micromax unite3 q372 is in fully death conditions even the the usb are not connected with pc(charing port problem) so I'm now how to flash os on unite3. if any another method please reply me my email id is [email protected]
16th July 2019, 04:25 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Decryption not happening
After installing tweaked.img we get twrp but no decryption of data
Can we have to flash boot.img to decrypt data and storage
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
micromax-unite-3

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)