FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nomu S20 - GPS problems, mic volume, no OTA or support, and Android Triada ROM virus

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By JVitor, Member on 29th May 2017, 12:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th October 2017, 11:51 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doenen

Allright so i tried it with Smart Phone Flash Tool and the firmware you provided. it gives a "dram Error" saying the phone doesnt match the firmware. im not so used to mtk flashing - will it be different if i use another mode than "download mode"!?

did you succeed!? It would be great.

other than that 1.07 works very well and there is absolutely no sign of any virus. scanned with malewarebytes, kaspersky and dr web. i flashed it directly, no ota update from 1.06. also GPS is working quite well. Also i can confirm that the "cyrus cs 28" is exactly the same board with no different cpu. (sometimes it is claimed to use 6735 instead of 6737t)

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I believe if there is any firmware out there using nougat fitting the s20 it would be from this phone:

http://www.evolveo.com/cz/strongphone-g4-android-7

Is there anyone here speaking czech? it seems to be very popular in the czech republic....

unfortunately I did not have time to try to load that firmware, probably there is some control over the serial that prevents the procedure. I will test with the method described at post #53.

Where did you found the firmware 1.0.7?

11th October 2017, 12:55 PM |#102  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Is there anyone here speaking czech? it seems to be very popular in the czech republic....

I am from CZ. I have wrote some weeks ago that Evolveo Strongphone 4G is copy of S20. But nobody answered me how to get firmware from it.
11th October 2017, 01:25 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 130

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolap84

unfortunately I did not have time to try to load that firmware, probably there is some control over the serial that prevents the procedure. I will test with the method described at post #53.

Yes there are some differences in the scatter file mostly concerning the preloader file (which I think is not necessary) and some further down in the Memory part. The Firmware seems to be a lot bigger than the S20 FIRMWARE. Also the s30 screen is different at 4,7". Don't you think that could be an issuue?

I don't know where I found 1.07, if it was here or on the russian Boards but I can post it here later. Nougat however from the s30 Mini would be really really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirafacek

I am from CZ. I have wrote some weeks ago that Evolveo Strongphone 4G is copy of S20. But nobody answered me how to get firmware from it.

OK... Cool... Have you ever looked in the czech boards if you can find one? Maybe you can contact evolveo and ask them for one?!
11th October 2017, 02:47 PM |#104  

More
Quote:

Yes there are some differences in the scatter file mostly concerning the preloader file (which I think is not necessary) and some further down in the Memory part. The Firmware seems to be a lot bigger than the S20 FIRMWARE. Also the s30 screen is different at 4,7". Don't you think that could be an issuue?

I don't know where I found 1.07, if it was here or on the russian Boards but I can post it here later. Nougat however from the s30 Mini would be really really great.

OK... Cool... Have you ever looked in the czech boards if you can find one? Maybe you can contact evolveo and ask them for one?!

The resolution is the same for both phones, so i think that it will work even if the real dimension is different.
The internal memory (like all other components that I've seen described around in the internet) is the same, so i suppose that the problem is in the different partitioning of the memory (that is just described in the scatter file). I'm not so expert, but I suppose that this procedure will fix that dram error: http://www.techulk.com/2014/01/sp-to...ally-heya.html
11th October 2017, 04:45 PM |#105  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The resolution is the same for both phones, so i think that it will work even if the real dimension is different.
The internal memory (like all other components that I've seen described around in the internet) is the same, so i suppose that the problem is in the different partitioning of the memory (that is just described in the scatter file). I'm not so expert, but I suppose that this procedure will fix that dram error: http://www.techulk.com/2014/01/sp-to...ally-heya.html

Yes i can ask evolveo myself but I thought it would be more realistic to ask the czexh Support since it is Sold. Only in czexh republic.

So DO You think editing scatter file and flashing is reasonalby safe? Sorry for the typos
12th October 2017, 10:30 AM |#106  
Flag Prague

More
Quote:

Yes i can ask evolveo myself but I thought it would be more realistic to ask the czexh Support since it is Sold. Only in czexh republic.

If you know how to get firmware from a non-root (new) phone, I can try it. Support of Evolveo answred, that flash ROM can do only their authorized service.
12th October 2017, 11:51 AM |#107  

More
Quote:

So DO You think editing scatter file and flashing is reasonalby safe? Sorry for the typos

I don't know, but it seems that there is always a solution to unbrick those mediatek phones.

Anyway, can you please upload somewere the 1.0.7 firmware? If I have time to make experiments with the s30 rom without succes, I want to load directly this 1.0.7...
12th October 2017, 02:12 PM |#108  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I don't know, but it seems that there is always a solution to unbrick those mediatek phones.

Anyway, can you please upload somewere the 1.0.7 firmware? If I have time to make experiments with the s30 rom without succes, I want to load directly this 1.0.7...

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=d...kxHbUxDdTY5bWc

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote:

If you know how to get firmware from a non-root (new) phone, I can try it. Support of Evolveo answred, that flash ROM can do only their authorized service.

Thanks you. That would be perfect for all of us. Im on it and it seems there is a rather easy way to do so. I will inform you on the progress.

Greetings
Daniel
12th October 2017, 05:18 PM |#109  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafeez2001

Very important warning: Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.
================
[Tool]SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1982576
======================

From another thread. Also, if you use the "Format All + Download" option, you will need to reflash the IMEI data with SN Write Tool.
13th October 2017, 06:26 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
GPS fail
Hi everyone,

Have anyone met with a strange GPS failure? The phone sees many satellites but can't connect any of them and the SNR remains zero. The AGPS is cleared and turned off so the sensor must be working. I tried 4G-3G or SIMless mode, with AGPS, and many things but yet nothing helped. This is a new S20 model.

https://ibb.co/n45FMG
13th October 2017, 06:54 AM |#111  
Flag Prague

More
Hi all,
I have S20 with ROM 1.0.3 which was been marked as virus-free. It is not truth After 5 months usage the phone, I have get app "chromes" yesterday. ESET Antivirus blocked it and told me, that it is malware. I know that there is resolution to get 1.0.6 without virus, but there can be some little worm which waiting some time and wake up after.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android triada virus, gps problems, microphone volume, no support, nomu s20

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)