13th March 2017, 10:22 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
does this get OTA updates?

and any sign of nougat?

8th April 2017, 10:51 AM |#12  

More
Hi jan177 I have flashed the twrp on my s20 using the provide intruction and files but now my phone is not booting just have the nomu start screen. Can asses the TWRP though.
Can you help me fix this?
thanks alot in advance!
Marina
11th May 2017, 08:08 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have read that the Nomu s20 has a trojan installed on the firmware from the factory, a triada trojan that cannot be removed. Is this true?
13th May 2017, 07:50 AM |#14  

More
Trojan is Triada - manufacturer is silent
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu1690

I have read that the Nomu s20 has a trojan installed on the firmware from the factory, a triada trojan that cannot be removed. Is this true?

Yes, that is true. The trojan is Triada and Kaspersky has made some very nasty blog posts about it.

and I just found it the hard way. Lets just say that I am mighty pissed about it. I came here to look for solutions to get rid of it through switching to a custom rom. If anyone has info on if that works, I would be very interested to hear that. I really like the phone, but the manufacturer just lost all the points from me and went widely into negative (for the trojan, but especially for the lack of response to it).
13th May 2017, 10:15 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyfos42

Yes, that is true. The trojan is Triada and Kaspersky has made some very nasty blog posts about it.

and I just found it the hard way. Lets just say that I am mighty pissed about it. I came here to look for solutions to get rid of it through switching to a custom rom. If anyone has info on if that works, I would be very interested to hear that. I really like the phone, but the manufacturer just lost all the points from me and went widely into negative (for the trojan, but especially for the lack of response to it).

From what i have read on the Triada issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way of removing it. The Trojan was on the stock S10 firmware as well but can be removed by either downgrading the firmware to 1.0.2 then upgrading OTA to 1.04 or flashing an Archos 50 firmware to the device. I have not seen any updates for removing the virus on the S20 after searching over the last couple of days.

I am glad i read up on the S20 before i bought one but i am also gutted as it would have suited my needs for a work phone perfectly.

I hope you find a solution to remove the Trojan soon. If you do could you post a reply in this thread to let myself and others know ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stu1690 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stu1690 Ad-Free
15th May 2017, 06:11 AM |#16  

More
Manufacturer totally unresponsive on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu1690

From what i have read on the Triada issue is that there doesn't seem to be a way of removing it. The Trojan was on the stock S10 firmware as well but can be removed by either downgrading the firmware to 1.0.2 then upgrading OTA to 1.04 or flashing an Archos 50 firmware to the device. I have not seen any updates for removing the virus on the S20 after searching over the last couple of days.

I am glad i read up on the S20 before i bought one but i am also gutted as it would have suited my needs for a work phone perfectly.

I hope you find a solution to remove the Trojan soon. If you do could you post a reply in this thread to let myself and others know ?

Aye, it looks bad. The only option maybe to try to return the device or put it under a hammer (safer option). I did a factory wipe and it at least helped to identify where the trojan starts its work. It is in module called "Wireless update". The first thing it did was to download to system/app/Fota/AdupsFota.apk what AVG rates it as trojan.downloader.fota.e . I wonder if I do a factory wipe, root the device and remove the wireles update program before it manages to do anything if it would be enough to never allow the trojan to start its work (sounds too simple though).
17th May 2017, 08:36 AM |#17  

More
Quote:

I wonder if I do a factory wipe, root the device and remove the wireles update program before it manages to do anything if it would be enough to never allow the trojan to start its work (sounds too simple though).

Sounds quite simple (and a very good idea!) Have you already done it? I have the same problem and would be highly interested in such a solution. Except this trojan issue the Nomu S20 is a great phone.
21st May 2017, 01:07 PM |#18  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 2

More
For information the phone is sold as MTT IDEAL, new brand and model of ADAR , french firm specialized in rugged handled ... With a modified rom v1.7 without malware !!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to bonx49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bonx49 Ad-Free
29th May 2017, 12:57 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonx49

For information the phone is sold as MTT IDEAL, new brand and model of ADAR , french firm specialized in rugged handled ... With a modified rom v1.7 without malware !!!!!

I have started a new thread to discuss many of the Nomu S20 problems (click here).

With regard to this ROM MTT IDEAL, have you already flashed and tested on Nomu S20? Do you have a link for the ROM? Is it possible to install TWRP and flash Chainfire SuperSu?
7th June 2017, 04:22 PM |#20  

More
There's a new official ROM on needrom.com which purportedly solves the Triada Trojan problem: https://www.needrom.com/download/nomu_s20_common/ I shall be testing it in the coming days.

Update: the uploader himself tried already and states that the ROM is also infected: "Tried already…. no help, All Nomu ROMs are still infected… anybody can help?".
11th June 2017, 03:26 AM |#21  

More
I have flashed and tested ROM version 1.0.6 and although antivirus programs don't detect any threats, the Triada virus is still there. The fake "Seetings" app (com.chunmei.calculator) is installed through a temporary installer at /storage/emulated/0/.jm/com.android.vending/8949_1004_1495532446456.xde.apk. It's installed on the background, at some random event. I am not able to determine the process of origin.

Mega.nz link:

NOMU_S20_COMMON_V1.0.6_2017_05_18_FQ5C23WTE1D.XWP_ .NOMU_.M0.HB_.H.SM_.0518.V3.06
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OneShot_20170610_212541.png
Views:	192
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	4177825   Click image for larger version

Name:	OneShot_20170610_212852.png
Views:	196
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	4177826   Click image for larger version

Name:	OneShot_20170610_213341.png
Views:	194