FORUMS

NuVision TM800A510L- General Info (Root, Recovery, Unbrick)

3,121 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,349

By kirito9, Inactive Recognized Contributor on 29th September 2016, 08:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2016, 07:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
NuVision TM101A510L
Will this method work with the NuVison TM101A510L. It seems like a lot of work to do if I'm not sure about this model. Also I have a problem with this model overheating and crashing when I play Pixel Gun 3d and it's pissing me off. I just fired off a curse filled missive to NuVision support. They don't even list this model on their registration page and it seems they have no faith in this model. I will never buy this brand again, in fact I would recommend against it to my customers. I've used Azpen tablets with no problem rooting or playing Pixel Gun 3d. I took a chance and I'm so damned sorry I did.

;angry
26th January 2017, 06:32 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Thank you so much for this thread!!! I have been looking for a recovery for a few months now and cant believe I didn't find this until now...
26th January 2017, 09:01 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ok so a minor problem... I cant seem to flash the recovery... Not sure if ive placed the recovery file on my sd card properly or not cause i locate a few backup files none of which have any effect. I gave up in frustration untill now. ( Currrently working on a few androids one rooting one imea changing so figured id take a crack at these devices again. THe layer of dust on these things are getting a bit thick.)
26th January 2017, 05:47 PM |#14  
OP Inactive Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamglick

Will this method work with the NuVison TM101A510L. It seems like a lot of work to do if I'm not sure about this model. Also I have a problem with this model overheating and crashing when I play Pixel Gun 3d and it's pissing me off. I just fired off a curse filled missive to NuVision support. They don't even list this model on their registration page and it seems they have no faith in this model. I will never buy this brand again, in fact I would recommend against it to my customers. I've used Azpen tablets with no problem rooting or playing Pixel Gun 3d. I took a chance and I'm so damned sorry I did.

;angry

I think the models numbers are specific so I can't say for certain that this will work with your tab. Try the fastboot/rooting procedure first and then maybe you can just restore the system partition only not corrupting the boot/kernel.
26th January 2017, 05:48 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidave199

Thank you so much for this thread!!! I have been looking for a recovery for a few months now and cant believe I didn't find this until now...

You're welcome. I waited months also before finding a working backup.
The Following User Says Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
26th January 2017, 05:49 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingbadguy

ok so a minor problem... I cant seem to flash the recovery... Not sure if ive placed the recovery file on my sd card properly or not cause i locate a few backup files none of which have any effect. I gave up in frustration untill now. ( Currrently working on a few androids one rooting one imea changing so figured id take a crack at these devices again. THe layer of dust on these things are getting a bit thick.)

You are using the fastboot method correct? If the recovery script says finished as in no errors show on the screen then it could be the device itself. What do you see?
27th January 2017, 07:33 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirito9

You are using the fastboot method correct? If the recovery script says finished as in no errors show on the screen then it could be the device itself. What do you see?

ill let you know just as soon as i can get back to working on those devices... im prety sure if memory serves correctly, that I was getting some errors regarding unable to mound sd or ext sd. I could be wrong but thats what comes to mind.

Im up to my neck in jobs on other devices. (rooting galaxy S5, changing imei on another S5, IMEI change on a LG Stylo 2 plus, Galaxy Tab 2 system issues need to diagnose, and several screen and lcd replacments)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jingbadguy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jingbadguy Ad-Free
3rd February 2017, 11:22 AM |#18  

More
STUCK
ok so i have a little time to work on these....

When i run the launch.bat and get to fastboot, it goes through the instalation and everything checks ok till the very end where it says failed cause too many links.

included the screenshot so you can see.
At this point im unsure if i just need to try flashing the supersu zip like it instructs but having tried befor it had no luck.
can I not just flash twrp on this thing then su like with most root methods?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NUVISION RECOVER.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	4027494  
3rd February 2017, 02:13 PM |#19  

More
after ive flashed super su, when i go to restor the working backup i see a list of backups... including yours but when i select it i always get :

checking md5 sums...
md5 mismatch!
what now?

(i tried just flashing the boot but even that comes back with same error)
I know on other devices the recovery is an img file any the one you provide is a rar... i extracted to my desktop and was gonna try flashing with abd/fastboot but since its not an img file, im thinking it wont work...
any thoughts?

Im still unsure how to flash the recovery that u supply in the section for fixing bootloop....
3rd February 2017, 04:03 PM |#20  

More
Quote:

ok so i have a little time to work on these....

When i run the launch.bat and get to fastboot, it goes through the instalation and everything checks ok till the very end where it says failed cause too many links.

included the screenshot so you can see.
At this point im unsure if i just need to try flashing the supersu zip like it instructs but having tried befor it had no luck.
can I not just flash twrp on this thing then su like with most root methods?

The too many links error is common for this device. Touch doesn't work with TWRP on this device so CWM is out only go. You can root and using cwm like any other root method.
3rd February 2017, 04:04 PM |#21  

More
Quote:

after ive flashed super su, when i go to restor the working backup i see a list of backups... including yours but when i select it i always get :

checking md5 sums...
md5 mismatch!
what now?

(i tried just flashing the boot but even that comes back with same error)
I know on other devices the recovery is an img file any the one you provide is a rar... i extracted to my desktop and was gonna try flashing with abd/fastboot but since its not an img file, im thinking it wont work...
any thoughts?

Im still unsure how to flash the recovery that u supply in the section for fixing bootloop....

Disable md5 checksum in cwm recovery or edit the md5 file and delete what's inside and save it.

The recoveries are not by me and cannot be used to flash as you would on another device. What you have to use is the temp recovery script and select T3 like the instructions says.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nuvision tm800a510l, recover, root, tm800a510l, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)