How To Guide OUKITEL K10000 Pro - Development & Support

Search This thread

FukTheRegister

May 4, 2009
Paris
www.galoula.net
I dont know if you search that, but on mine I can get ROOT and Recovery works fine.

My ROM is V1.0_20170531.

I try to update to V6 by my hands, but my phone crash (I see 2 realy fast times enter unlock code, and stuck in BootImage ...).

But I can restore my TWRP backup without loosing my datas, I go back to V1 ...

I want to know changelog of V6.

FukTheRegister

May 4, 2009
Paris
www.galoula.net
I have tryied to understand why the V6 ROM not works.

I found a lot of things stranges inside the v6 rom:

The kernel don't want to boot on mine K10000 Pro (I have ONLY rplace the zImage, and I don't get bootscreen, just a complete crash).

I have reading the buid.prop on mine version (V1) and the V6 version:

On BOTH files: ro.build.version.incremental=1496290182 (Incremental ??? Not realy ...)

V6
ro.board.platform=mt6750 (Ok, same)
ro.build.product=K10000_Pro
ro.build.description=full_hct6750_66_n-user 7.0 NRD90M 1501037744 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=OUKITEL/K10000_Pro/K10000_Pro:7.0/NRD90M/1496290182:user/release-keys (Strange no ?)

V1
ro.board.platform=mt6750
ro.build.product=hct6750_66_n
ro.build.description=full_hct6750_66_n-user 7.0 NRD90M 1496290182 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=OUKITEL/full_hct6750_66_n/hct6750_66_n:7.0/NRD90M/1496290182:user/release-keys

And at the end of build.prop it tell of update different mechanism
V6
# begin fota properties
ro.fota.version=OUKITEL_K10000_Pro_V6.0_20170726_20170726-1114
V1
# start redstone OTA properties
ro.redstone.version=OUKITEL_K10000_Pro_V1.0_20170531

Is this ROM is realy an update or it's an hack ?

And last things

On the Oukitel official website, I didn't find this "V6" ROM ...

Magician23

Jan 22, 2013
Athens
if u find any new recovery for version 6 (the new firmware update for oukitel) pls post it heere guys asap! Thx in advance! Th v.1 recovery doesnt work on v.6 firmware.

YeepYeep

Aug 12, 2017
ASUS ROG Phone 3
Source ?

Screenshoot ?

I don't find it on official website too ...

Yes! I got the V12 update yesterday, too.
Still android 7.0 but with securitypatch from 5 August 2017.

The Theme chooser is missing now. Also the leather wallpapers.
The Systemupdater has a new design. And i think it runs a little bit smoother since the update.
The battery seems to be draining slower but this is hard to say with such a big accu. ;)
I will test it over the days.
30521754mz.jpg

Last edited:

FukTheRegister

May 4, 2009
Paris
www.galoula.net
OK, but did you have changelog on ROM update ?

Because I dont want to take 4h to root m'y phone again, if it obly for security update. But if it more faster and more battery saver I m OK to try.

Are you root ?

I need dôme md5sum to avoir loose my root.

Inside thé ZIP file I saw thé preboot seem différent ...

YeepYeep

Aug 12, 2017
ASUS ROG Phone 3
The only changelog in the updatemanager i remember, is that the fingerprint sensor will now operate much quicker.
And that i have to delete my fingerprints and register them new.

No i am not on ROOT.

I'm a little bit afraid to do it.
I'm waiting for a solution which is more less complicated. ;)
And if I am honest, then I do not need it either.

The battery holds up to 7 days. What do I want more?
The only things that bothered me, have i solved with three apps.
1. I have separated the Ringtone and Message Volume with this app: Lautstärkeregler +
2. The volume keys now change the Media Volume instead of the Ringtone with this app: Media Volume only
3. The lockscreen shows now a notification when i get a new message or missed a phonecall. Before, he just remained black. Glimpse Notification

Reactions: Fedroid

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
www.classic-flights.de.vu
Easy way to root?

Hi FukTheRegister,
I'm also still on V1.0_20170531, though I'm offered to upgrade to V12_20170912.
I'd like to root it before and install a working TWRP. Then the upgrade might be possible via Flashfire (worked for me with another phone nicely, a Xiaomi MiMix1)
But you mentioned in another thread (https://xdaforums.com/general/help/how-to-root-oukitel-k10000-pro-t3626105) some issues:
"It's have A LOT OF PROBLEMS:

Touch screen only works with "fastboot boot recovery-GALOULA_v0.1.img"
Screen is inverted (180°) but touch is ok (touch opposite to get to good button ...)
If you flash it, you have only ADB and NO touch screen, it's strange ...
On my phone, it's Russian by default !"

Do they still exist? Can you post eventually a brief summary how to achieve root and get TWRP installed on V1.0_20170531?
Changing language in TWRP seems to be simple according to flippy.nl: "press the second button from the bottom on the right side, then the globe on the top right and select your own language and press the bottom right button to enable that language."

Thanks a lot in advance!
Greetings, Steff

I dont know if you search that, but on mine I can get ROOT and Recovery works fine.

My ROM is V1.0_20170531.

I try to update to V6 by my hands, but my phone crash (I see 2 realy fast times enter unlock code, and stuck in BootImage ...).

But I can restore my TWRP backup without loosing my datas, I go back to V1 ...

I want to know changelog of V6.

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
Unlock Bootloader?

Hi all, I just found https://www.androidweblog.com/root-oukitel-k10000-install-twrp-recovery/.
They offer a link on needrom (https://www.needrom.com/download/root_twrp_su/) for a TWRP. I just tried t flash it with the MTK Flash tools, but as soon as I try, the phone starts to boot and leaves therefor the preloader mode. So the flashing fails. Does that mean I have to unlock the bootloader as mentioned in the beginning of the page? And if so, how can this be done?

Edit: Just found this attached document (attached to the files from Needrom):
But since I don't want to loose all current settings and apps, I'll carefully backup everything first. I did not do any of the steps listed below yet....

1. How to Unlock bootloader. NB: As soon as your bootloader will be unlocked, the telephone will be reset to default settings. All settings/data/userdata/applications etc. are to be deleted automatically.

Go to the “Settings” and activate “developer mode” (Multiple taps on Build Number under “About Phone” will help you to activate) and then choose “OEM Unlocking” under “Developer options”, “USB-Debugging” should be activated as well. Turn the phone OFF.

2. Enter "fastboot mode" by pressing simultaneously Vol+ and Power buttons, then choose "fastboot" from boot menu.

3. Connect your phone to USB (You shall see Android ADB Interface in device manager appeared), install drivers Windows+10_MTK+VCOM+USB+Preloader+Drivers.zip and copy ADB.rar to your HDD, unpack it and open command prompt.

4. Type in command prompt:
fastboot devices
In case if everything is installed and set up properly you will see the following: fastboot 0123456789ABCDEF (Where 0123456789ABCDEF is your unique phone combination)

5. Unlock bootloader:
fastboot oem unlock
At the same time you will be prompted on phone. Press Vol+ button to confirm.

In command propt you shall see the following
#
C:\ADB>fastboot oem unlock
(bootloader) Start unlock flow

OKAY [ 43.920s]
finished. total time: 43.921s

WARNING!! YOU HAVE TO DO THIS! Do not skip this step-> 6. Reboot your phone by:
fastboot reboot
Wait ‘till your system boot complete, copy SR1-SuperSU-v2.82-SR1-20170608224931.zip to the phone (do not unzip it), then turn the phone OFF and go to fastboot mode again (ref. to point 2 of this instruction).

7. TWRP. Rename TWRPrecovery.img to recovery.img. Copy it to ADB folder. Then enter the following in command prompt:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Recovery will be flashed.

8. Turn OFF your phone by pressing power button for ~6 seconds. Go to the boot menu (ref. to point 2 again), choose Recovery and enter TWRP. Install SuperSU and reboot system.

Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your phone!

FukTheRegister

May 4, 2009
Paris
www.galoula.net
Hi FukTheRegister,
I'm also still on V1.0_20170531, though I'm offered to upgrade to V12_20170912.
I'd like to root it before and install a working TWRP. Then the upgrade might be possible via Flashfire (worked for me with another phone nicely, a Xiaomi MiMix1)
But you mentioned in another thread (https://xdaforums.com/general/help/how-to-root-oukitel-k10000-pro-t3626105) some issues:
"It's have A LOT OF PROBLEMS:

Touch screen only works with "fastboot boot recovery-GALOULA_v0.1.img"
Screen is inverted (180°) but touch is ok (touch opposite to get to good button ...)
If you flash it, you have only ADB and NO touch screen, it's strange ...
On my phone, it's Russian by default !"

Do they still exist? Can you post eventually a brief summary how to achieve root and get TWRP installed on V1.0_20170531?
Changing language in TWRP seems to be simple according to flippy.nl: "press the second button from the bottom on the right side, then the globe on the top right and select your own language and press the bottom right button to enable that language."

Thanks a lot in advance!
Greetings, Steff

Hi steff_1964,

The recovery in the first page works now (with screen in the good direction) on my phone.

My version I have maked, is before the version mentionned here.

Use the new version insted of mine.

Reactions: steff_1964

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
Thx a lot for the quick reply! I think beside enabling OEM-Lock in the developer settings it is required to unlock the bootloader? This is done in fastboot mode via ADB (from the PC) with the command "fastboot oem unlock"? And all data will be wiped?
Is there any way to keep data, apps and settings, so that I don't have to set up my phone completely again?

Thx and many greetings, Steff

Hi steff_1964,
The recovery in the first page works now (with screen in the good direction) on my phone.
My version I have maked, is before the version mentionned here.
Use the new version insted of mine.

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
No TWRP after update

Hi all,
I managed to unlock the bootloader, which wiped my phone, installed TWRP and superuser according to the manual below. After that I set up the phone again.
Then I installed the offered update to 20170912. Therefor I downloaded it, but did not install it with the updater. Instead I used flashfire. After that I still had root and all my data.
But now I cannot root into recovery! Whenever I try it, it boots into the normal system. I still can boot into fastboot. Btw, the oem unlock option now is greyed out, but I think that might be because the bootloader is still unlocked.

I don't want to unlock the bootloader via ADB again in order not to loose all data on the mobile (as long as there are alternatives). But nothing worked so far.
I backupped the recovery with the official TWRP app on the mobile and tried to flash it again. Nothing changed (I expected that).
Then I copied the TWRP recovery again to the mobile via ADB from my PC. Still the same: Whenever I try to boot into TWRP (or basically into recovery via a quickboot app), the phone boots normally again. I cannot boot into recovery.

Is there any way "activate" the recovery again?

Cheers and thanks, Steff

Hi all, I just found https://www.androidweblog.com/root-oukitel-k10000-install-twrp-recovery/.
They offer a link on needrom (https://www.needrom.com/download/root_twrp_su/) for a TWRP. I just tried t flash it with the MTK Flash tools, but as soon as I try, the phone starts to boot and leaves therefor the preloader mode. So the flashing fails. Does that mean I have to unlock the bootloader as mentioned in the beginning of the page? And if so, how can this be done?

Edit: Just found this attached document (attached to the files from Needrom):
But since I don't want to loose all current settings and apps, I'll carefully backup everything first. I did not do any of the steps listed below yet....

1. How to Unlock bootloader. NB: As soon as your bootloader will be unlocked, the telephone will be reset to default settings. All settings/data/userdata/applications etc. are to be deleted automatically.
8. Turn OFF your phone by pressing power button for ~6 seconds. Go to the boot menu (ref. to point 2 again), choose Recovery and enter TWRP. Install SuperSU and reboot system.

Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your phone!

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
Hi, a short update. I guess I bricked my phone completely.
I had planned to go through the same OEM Unlock and flash procedure again after I had lost TWRP after the OTA update with Flashfire. Since I could not read the OEM unlock status via "fastboot oem device-info", getting "FAILED (remote: unknown command)", I was not sure about the unlock status,
I first flashed the TWRP recovery once again via ADB, but I still couldn't boot into it. Instead the phone bootet into the system like before.
Then I decided to set it up newly and to unlock the OEM bootloader again via ADB "fastboot oem unlock" which seemed to work correctly
"(bootloader) Start unlock flow
OKAY [ 57.119s]
finished. total time: 57.119s"
But then I got a bootloop. I now cannot boot neither into flashmode nor into recovery any longer. Instead the phone boots always into system, displays "Orange State. Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted. Your device will boot in 5 seconds" and boots again.
I also cannot use a MTK flash tool. Since the phone boots immediately when connected to USB, I always get an error like "error : status_brom_cmd_send_da_ fail (0xC0060003) "
Any ideas are higly appreciated. Should I try to open the phone and remove the battery?

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
No, no fastboot. Then it would be much easier :)
Whenever I connected the phone to USB, it starts immediately to boot in its current state. So flashing doesn't start at all. Will try your proposal tonight (in Germany it is 11 a.m. right now, I'm at work).

steff_1964

Dec 27, 2005
Hi Guys, my phone is alive again, and I learned a lot.
- I opened the back cover carefully, removed fingerprint sensor and flash LED, the inner frame (upper part only) and the battery clip. Then I could flash the V1 version as well as the V12. Attention: After unzipping, the file path had (in my case) Chinese letters in it. As long as they were there, the scatter file on my European PC was claimed to be invalid!
- OEM unlock survives all flashing procedures, the corresponding option is greyed out. I guess the "oem lock" command must be used via fastboot (ADB) to lock it again.
- TWRP does not work in V6 ROM! I flashed it via fastboot as well as via MTK flash tool, but the phone boots always into system.
- It does work in V1 ROM.
Right now I reflashed the V1 ROM and TWRP, installed SU and right now I'm reloading my last backup (still created having the V1 ROM). I still have to assemble the phone ;) But that shouldn't be that difficult.

I hope that there will be a TWRP which works for the latest V6 ROM (OUKITEL_K10000_Pro_V6.0_20170726), even better with the V12. Otherwise don't update, you'll loose TWRP.

Cheers, Steff

Last edited:
Reactions: tekkamuc

Top Liked Posts