FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

OUKITEL U20 Plus - Development & Support

8,286 posts
Thanks Meter: 17,411
 
Post Reply Email Thread
In order to keep this thread clean, please use this one to discuss about Development, Support or Software Updates.


HOW-TO Root, Install Custom Recovery (TWRP) and Restore Stock ROM guide: https://docs.google.com/presentation...jP1fRpSVr44Oxk

ROMs:

To avoid any possible issue, do not forget to backup your NVRAM so that you won't risk to lose your IMEI. How-to: http://www.anythingultimate.in/2015/...partition.html

Stock (Android 7.0)
- Latest Official: http://www.oukitel.com/latest-softwa...evices-48.html

DO NOT USE THE "Format All & Download" OPTION IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR IMEI! Choose "Firmware Upgrade" instead.

Previous Releases:
Flash Tool
- SP Flash Tool v5.1628 for Windows & Linux: https://mega.nz/#F!dYUm0TbB!SWeMLb5Wu1NbRzTPQ8-s_A

Recovery:
- TWRP 3.1.1 for both boards by @jemmini: https://mega.nz/#F!dUVGyAZa!dsLmuVimWC4HRTgOELskwg

Root:

Rooting Methods (if you are on Stock ROM)
- SuperSU (flashable using TWRP): http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/supersu

Extras (Root-Only):

Customization
- Xposed Framework: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3034811

Useful Third-Party Apps:

Battery Life
- Amplify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unbounce&hl=en
- Greenify: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...greenify&hl=en
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alberto96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th January 2017, 02:12 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Thanks
Thank you so much for the room and the development & support
I managed to port a TWRP but the touch screen isn't working
I can upload it if you wanna check it !
Hope someone manage to port a working recovery for that OUKITEL
keep up the good work
Edit:
Q. How did you get the ROOM ?? Is this a readback using SP ?? If so, how did you get the scatter file ?? ( sorry for the load of questions
19th January 2017, 02:36 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
No word on root yet?
19th January 2017, 02:47 PM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Yo i have the same problem the slide to unlock don't work we have to wait 1 week and it's comming a twrp for this oukitel.
I have buy this one and i want to root to !
19th January 2017, 05:53 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinterman's

Yo i have the same problem the slide to unlock don't work we have to wait 1 week and it's comming a twrp for this oukitel.
I have buy this one and i want to root to !

Andoird without SuperUser power is like a Nokia 1100 ( no offense to Nokia that was a great phone actually )

why we have to wait 1 week ?? can you explain more .?? is there an update coming or something ??
19th January 2017, 08:01 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lucifuru

Andoird without SuperUser power is like a Nokia 1100 ( no offense to Nokia that was a great phone actually )

why we have to wait 1 week ?? can you explain more .?? is there an update coming or something ??


I know that with a video on youtube just tipe Root oukitel U20 Plus it's Russe guy

And i talk to the guy and i say to me to wait a week and i drop the recovry fixed on the description on the google drive.
20th January 2017, 12:00 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinterman's

I know that with a video on youtube just tipe Root oukitel U20 Plus it's Russe guy

And i talk to the guy and i say to me to wait a week and i drop the recovry fixed on the description on the google drive.

I have some sad news for you man ! that Russian youtuber is just a copy/past guy ! He took the recovery directly from a russien forum where the dev who makes it doesn't have a u20plus he is a famous twrp builder called Jimmini. I've already contacted him & he told me that he'll check it out when he have the time, so don't expect anything from the youtubers
20th January 2017, 07:12 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lucifuru

I have some sad news for you man ! that Russian youtuber is just a copy/past guy ! He took the recovery directly from a russien forum where the dev who makes it doesn't have a u20plus he is a famous twrp builder called Jimmini. I've already contacted him & he told me that he'll check it out when he have the time, so don't expect anything from the youtubers

Ok thanks for the info we have to wait for that and for the update of oukitel u20 plus... And for now it's not comfirmed

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lucifuru

Thank you so much for the room and the development & support
I managed to port a TWRP but the touch screen isn't working
I can upload it if you wanna check it !
Hope someone manage to port a working recovery for that OUKITEL
keep up the good work
Edit:
Q. How did you get the ROOM ?? Is this a readback using SP ?? If so, how did you get the scatter file ?? ( sorry for the load of questions

Or just buy a otg Mouse ! Its cost 3 dollars on amazon and with a mouse we can select and install super-su !
20th January 2017, 08:55 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinterman's

Or just buy a otg Mouse ! Its cost 3 dollars on amazon and with a mouse we can select and install super-su !

sadly the mouse won't work ( already tied many ones, wireless or normal mouse ) the phone itself doesn't have an OTG port..

Don't worry ! a lot of devs out there are working for a solution . so
The Following User Says Thank You to k_lucifuru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k_lucifuru Ad-Free
20th January 2017, 02:15 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lucifuru

sadly the mouse won't work ( already tied many ones, wireless or normal mouse ) the phone itself doesn't have an OTG port..

Don't worry ! a lot of devs out there are working for a solution . so

I have buy a otg and don't work... im so sad about that .. well im gon a wait ..
21st January 2017, 07:56 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
Hello guys

I have managed to root oukitel u20 plus like 20 days ago, but forgot to post on XDA, here are steps:

1. Go to Developer options and enable OEM unlocking
2. Shutdown phone, hold volume down and plug in USB cable, keep holding the button until you see fastboot, for some reason controls are inversed it says volume up to select but its volume down to select, or other way around i dont rememeber.
3. After windows detects your device go to fastboot and type in command "fastboot oem unlock" without quotes, use buttons to confirm the prompt. After this you can use fastboot to boot TWRP. This will wipe your data!!!
4. Once phone boots copy SuperSU 2.78 or newer to device internal memory, and reboot back again to fastboot.
5. Download twrp from my link and put it in your fastboot directory, now type "fastboot boot u20_twrp.img" without quotes.
6. You will be booted in TWRP with Touchscreen working, select and flash your supersu.zip.
7. Reboot and enjoy your root and stock recovery for OTA.

Explanation:
For some reason when you flash TWRP with flashtools touchscreen is not working, but when you try to boot recovery instead of flashing it, the touchscreen works allowing your to flash zips and do backups.

Twrp link:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/biqa9f


Solution 2: (Not tested)

While in twrp you can flash zips with command line, without touchscreen.

1. Go to your adb command window and type "adb shell" without quotes.
2. Once in shell type "twrp install /sdcard/SuperSu.zip" without quotes... Adjust location and name of the zip file to where you putted it.
3. It will install supersu without touchscreen

Regards,
Magix01
The Following User Says Thank You to magix01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magix01 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
oukitel, u20 plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes