152 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By Droidify, Senior Member on 26th April 2015, 04:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2015, 02:34 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down Rct6203w46-android4.4.2-3101-v50-v1.3.71
What can I do with this or this - no ROM Backups, and an annoying 'brick' on my table?

I successfully rooted with KingRoot and tried to manually switch to SuperSU with a script I found.

The script seemed workable. I found all of the targets and: # root.sh ... oh *hi*

The transition failed and after trying to 'clean up' remnants the script seemed to have missed, the screen froze: RESET BUTTON - nothing, nothing, nothing.

I wish I hadn't believed it would work without a 'dd ... system.img'. The tablet had about 12hrs mileage and is now a very new [Black Friday] $49 item about to be smashed on the driveway.

oop:

I read somewhere that RCA will not be distributing winusb drivers.

*uc* it - i b-roke i-t!

It's Alive! After the battery drained, 2 weeks later, it booted!
removed supersu
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	3365976   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	3365977  
Attached Files
File Type: txt MT8127_Android_scatter_emmc.txt - [Click for QR Code] (8.1 KB, 850 views)
File Type: txt FIRMWARE.info.txt - [Click for QR Code] (2.0 KB, 764 views)
7th July 2015, 05:39 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by probeafargavin

What can I do with this or this - no ROM Backups, and an annoying 'brick' on my table?

I successfully rooted with KingRoot and tried to manually switch to SuperSU with a script I found.

The script seemed workable. I found all of the targets and: # root.sh ... oh *hi*

The transition failed and after trying to 'clean up' remnants the script seemed to have missed, the screen froze: RESET BUTTON - nothing, nothing, nothing.

I wish I hadn't believed it would work without a 'dd ... system.img'. The tablet had about 12hrs mileage and is now a very new [Black Friday] $49 item about to be smashed on the driveway.

oop:

I read somewhere that RCA will not be distributing winusb drivers.

*uc* it - i b-roke i-t!

It's Alive! After the battery drained, 2 weeks later, it booted!
removed supersu

probeafargavin,

Sorry for slow reply. Been a busy month! I recommend sending the unit back to RCA for an RMA. I had to do this once and although it took a month, I received back a working tablet. It doesn't matter that you did this, they will not check. They will end up sending you back a refurbed tablet. Mine works fine.

-droidify
8th September 2015, 12:24 PM |#13  

More
Question Needing Help
I rooted my device (same exact make/ model you have listed). Well it just so happens that now I am not able to open the Google App store. I have clicked the app logo so many times now and all what I see is what looks like the app is about to open but it just disappears about a half second later.

Looks like I am no longer able to use the back button also. I have tried factory resetting the device yet problem remains. Clearing cache of the Google Play app, no results. Please help!!!!! I would surely appreciate it, I'm sure you can imagine how devastated I am over this.

10th September 2015, 06:19 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Cee

I rooted my device (same exact make/ model you have listed). Well it just so happens that now I am not able to open the Google App store. I have clicked the app logo so many times now and all what I see is what looks like the app is about to open but it just disappears about a half second later.

Looks like I am no longer able to use the back button also. I have tried factory resetting the device yet problem remains. Clearing cache of the Google Play app, no results. Please help!!!!! I would surely appreciate it, I'm sure you can imagine how devastated I am over this.

C_Cee unless you have TWRP installed and had a back up, there is not much you can do. I would RMA the tablet through RCA. I had to do this once and it was a pretty quick turn around.

-Droidify
12th September 2015, 07:46 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
RCT203W46L Questions
Hi,
I have just purchased the above and rooted it with Kingroot. This is the lollipop 5.0 version.

a) a stagefright detector from lookout reports this device is vulnerable to this hack. Any thoughts?
b) are the twrp and stock recovery images pointed to by droidify post #2 and #3 still usable? even though its lollipop5.0?

Any help appreciated before I mod this thing!!

Thanks
18th September 2015, 01:43 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmike

Hi,
I have just purchased the above and rooted it with Kingroot. This is the lollipop 5.0 version.

a) a stagefright detector from lookout reports this device is vulnerable to this hack. Any thoughts?
b) are the twrp and stock recovery images pointed to by droidify post #2 and #3 still usable? even though its lollipop5.0?

Thanks

Lollipop is going to have a different recovery, so what I posted likely will not work and may cause serious problems if attempted. Not sure about stagefright vulnerabilities.
4th October 2015, 04:26 PM |#17  

More
Any advance?
No more advance in this device?
30th October 2015, 02:23 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakedalfa

No more advance in this device?

My tablet is still going. Although not my daily driver device, I use it to watch videos on break at work and to read on. There hasn't been any development for this device that I am aware of and unlikely to be considering it is not that popular.
12th December 2015, 09:06 AM |#19  

More
Flashing recovery from build Build: RCT6303W87DK-ANDROID5.0-V63-V1.12.20-B
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmike

Hi,

Thanks

Aloha -

I just received one of these today:

Model: RCT6303W87DK (32GB)
Android version: Lollipop 5.0.
Kernel: 3.10.54
Build: RCT6303W87DK-ANDROID5.0-V63-V1.12.20-B

I installed NewKingrootV4.62_C133_B233_en_release_2015_11_24_1 05203.apk downloaded from www\.kingroot\.net

On the first attempt, Kingroot rebooted at 22%, and failed to root. I repeated the procedure without rebooting, and achieved root on the second attempt.

I am curious to know if you flashed TWRP and, if so, what results you had.

Also: does anyone know if, in fact, the 5.0 loader actually is different from the 4.4.2 loader.

Thanks in advance.
12th December 2015, 04:07 PM |#20  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I'm confused, is this thread on the RCA Pro 10 RCT6203W46KB or for it's successor (I assume) the RCA 10 Viking Pro RCT6303W87DK. I ask because I have the RCT6303W87DK and am looking to see if there are any ROMs for it, as I would prefer to be running Android 5.1.2 or 6.0 over 5.0.
22nd December 2015, 10:10 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jaxxy

I'm confused, is this thread on the RCA Pro 10 RCT6203W46KB or for it's successor (I assume) the RCA 10 Viking Pro RCT6303W87DK. I ask because I have the RCT6303W87DK and am looking to see if there are any ROMs for it, as I would prefer to be running Android 5.1.2 or 6.0 over 5.0.

This thread is only for the RCA RCT6203W46. I doubt there are any ROMS for the RCA tablets because custom recovery is needed for install, and to my knowledge there are no custom recoveries created for the newer models. ROMs were never even made for the older ones and I am assuming that is because they are not popular enough to warrant the time to build.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)