FORUMS

[Release] Root the Palm phone

2,186 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,791

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 17th December 2019, 09:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2020, 08:16 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
To which file name you renamed 1AMD to flash it?
9th February 2020, 04:14 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimez

Quick question on APNs: I'm trying to get this thing working on Google FI and was looking at using the full APN list that google provides, would this work? The list provided at 'android.googlesource.com/device/sample/+/master/etc/apns-full-conf.xml' is quite large, but should make it work if I drop it in and reset APNs correct?

Hi grimez. I've had a stock nonrooted device with 1AMG on Fi with no issues until just 3 days ago. Now I'm having your issue. Even though apn is correct and settings are correct and it's connected, it doesn't work. Is there a bug with 1AMG with APNs? Just wanted you to know Fi worked for me until just 3 days ago, and I've had this for about 1/2 a yr.
9th February 2020, 04:30 PM |#93  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
APN list was broken since March 19. Maybe updates don't automatically import/refresh the database and you triggered it somehow.
10th February 2020, 12:31 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Got my phone in late August, and it always worked well with Google fi, autodetecting the apn. To be fair, the apn that is listed is correct, mobile data is just not working. I can tell it worked up until just a few days ago, and I did the 1AMD update long before that. Really no changes were made that I know of except for possibly having the phone on a wireless charger overnight. It was hot.
13th February 2020, 07:11 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 172

Donate to Me
More
I am a little late to the show. I just tested this with the current 2AGKK0K0 firmware which also does a partial 2AGKUFK2 as of 2/13/2020. I started on the 2AGG version of the US Palm PVG100 and upgraded it to the 2AGKK0K0 and then ran the upgrade again and picked up 2AGKUFK2 which had a few extra files including the January 2020 update from Google, but does not include the February 2020 bluetooth fix. I was able to manipulate the B2AGKK0K0.mbn on an old Nexus 5X with Magisk Manager and copied over the patched boot.img file (which places it in your download folder on the second device) and then renamed the .img back to B2AGKK0K0.mbn. Once I renamed I simply followed the instructions from deadman96385

My personal notes:

If you install ADB on your computer this process goes a lot faster after you enable developer options and USB Debugging on the Palm. Here is a generic link on how to set it up (https://wiki.lineageos.org/adb_fastboot_guide.html). Once you are configured and accepted the trust to your PC you can simply open the command prompt and type the following command to get into EDL mode.

Code:
abd reboot edl
My setup
Sugar QCT_SO V11.97R (I choose not to upgrade)
Windows 10
14th February 2020, 04:00 PM |#96  

More
Hello,
Can you upload 2AGKK0K0 FW?
14th February 2020, 11:07 PM |#97  
Thanks Meter: 172

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.][No_WaY

Hello,
Can you upload 2AGKK0K0 FW?

It can be pulled down using the Sugar Tool. It's quite large at over 3GB of data.
16th February 2020, 11:46 AM |#98  

More
Unfortunately my device is 1AGM version so it only can grap 1Axx FW but no 2Axx FW, because of that i was asking you if you can upload it.
16th February 2020, 06:40 PM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Has anyone rooted the US/Verizon version and installed Magisk to enable Wifi Hotspot via a module such as Tethering Enabler? I'm wondering if a module would allow this feature. I'm on 1AGM. TIA.
16th February 2020, 10:41 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanus

Has anyone rooted the US/Verizon version and installed Magisk to enable Wifi Hotspot via a module such as Tethering Enabler? I'm wondering if a module would allow this feature. I'm on 1AGM. TIA.

This doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I've bricked mine trying to install a Magisk module (don't install the one which replaces webview!).

Come to reflash and found Sugar v12 is blocked, it attempts a forced upgrade but there's no version so it hangs. Downgraded to latest v11

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=19Uj8...xport=download
17th February 2020, 12:17 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
EDL Mode
Original Post)
What is EDL Mode and how do I know if I'm in it? when my phone does its upgrade it boots up normal and is not in any kind of mode. Sorry for dumb question I'm new and don't know anything about this mode.

BTW thanks to OP I had an update for this phone and it literally stopped in the middle and my phone got real hot and died. After that it would just boot up to a message saying file is corrupt and could be compromised and it literally would do the same thing over and over when I restarted it. I emailed Palm in early December and it takes literally a month for them to respond back. I notified them of my problem and it 2/16 today and still have not received a solution but thanks to the community I have been able to fix it.
************************************************** ************************************************** *******************
EDIT)
Just to let everyone know that when I followed the steps I never entered EDL mode so any steps that had invoked EDL mode (steps 9 & 21) were not necessary (at least in my case) and can be ignored. That being said if you follow the steps provided by the original OP it will work. Here is my setup:

• Windows 10 32 bit
• Default Sugar provided in original post
• Magisk Manager 20.3
• Palm Software Version: 1AMD
• Carrier: Verizon

Also if anyone gets hotspot to work please provide a solution…. I've tried using app called WiFi Tether Router with no success (cost $4.99 I think but I already purchased this so I figured I would give it a try).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)