FORUMS

[Release] Root the Palm phone

2,189 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,793

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 17th December 2019, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2020, 10:09 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any tips for getting the Palm to show up in Virtualbox? Host OS is Ubuntu 19.10, guest OS is Windows 10 Home.

Running 'lsusb' shows the following:
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1bbb:a00e T & A Mobile Phones Android

Device shows up in file explorer when USB connection mode is set to MTP, but I can't seem to make it available to the guest OS.

EDIT: Fixed by adding myself to the vboxusers group. Now I keep getting Load NPRG Error 5002 in Sugar v11.9.7.
EDIT2: Same error on a Windows 7 32-bit guest OS install.
21st March 2020, 08:27 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
I had this initially as well. I've no idea how I resolved it but I couldn't get it working in a virtual. I think I used v12, which has since been blocked. v11.9.7 works (for me) on Windows 10 64 (not in a virtual).
21st March 2020, 08:39 PM |#153  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

I had this initially as well. I've no idea how I resolved it but I couldn't get it working in a virtual. I think I used v12, which has since been blocked. v11.9.7 works (for me) on Windows 10 64 (not in a virtual).

Hmm, I'm out of ideas at this point then. I just tried a native Windows 10 x64 install with the same issue .

Another question I had was what the difference was between the 1Axx and 2Axx versions of the firmware? It seems like 1Axx is for the companion device and 2Axx for standalone. Can 2Axx run on a device that was originally loaded with 1Axx?
21st March 2020, 09:26 PM |#154  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
There are little differences, mainly just a newer (patched) kernel. You can force any version by renaming the files (tricks Sugar) but there's little point as all can be rooted.

I believe the 2xxx is for South America. Both companion. The standalone/Europe/China version appears to be a newer Qualcomm chip (535 I think). Someone tried forcing the software for it on this forum and it failed.

I wish I could help with the NPRG Error 5002. Try this, install the v12.xxx, run it (it will try to force an update which will fail), uninstall and reinstall the v11. This is how I got the v11 to work, but whether it was something else I really don't know.
21st March 2020, 10:16 PM |#155  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

There are little differences, mainly just a newer (patched) kernel. You can force any version by renaming the files (tricks Sugar) but there's little point as all can be rooted.

I believe the 2xxx is for South America. Both companion. The standalone/Europe/China version appears to be a newer Qualcomm chip (535 I think). Someone tried forcing the software for it on this forum and it failed.

I wish I could help with the NPRG Error 5002. Try this, install the v12.xxx, run it (it will try to force an update which will fail), uninstall and reinstall the v11. This is how I got the v11 to work, but whether it was something else I really don't know.

As a last resort I went ahead and did the OTA updates to get the phone to 1AMG and then gave it one last shot on W10 and it finally worked. I don't have a 2nd rooted device so I was hoping someone could patch this for me:

https://we.tl/t-zzxUVUl7QH
22nd March 2020, 04:10 PM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmopfjfd

As a last resort I went ahead and did the OTA updates to get the phone to 1AMG and then gave it one last shot on W10 and it finally worked. I don't have a 2nd rooted device so I was hoping someone could patch this for me:

https://we.tl/t-zzxUVUl7QH

https://we.tl/t-3iUo6n4eec Patched with magisk on my palm
Tell whether it will work or not
The Following User Says Thank You to al07th For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift al07th Ad-Free
22nd March 2020, 07:49 PM |#157  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by al07th

https://we.tl/t-3iUo6n4eec Patched with magisk on my palm
Tell whether it will work or not

That worked great, thank you so much!
22nd March 2020, 08:40 PM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Didn't think you need root to patch a boot.img?
23rd March 2020, 03:01 PM |#159  
Flag capri
Thanks Meter: 4

More
so in few world and to help other user.
sugat qct can work only online ..... if it is true we have to update to last firmware that mess the battery life (drop the standbay time unti a one or two hours.
Who is currently on 2agk what can do to install magidisk ? When i tryed , the last time with patched boot file it updatet the firmware and after the process i was stuck in bootloop. To fix it i haved ti reinstall the firmware in a new pc.
Now there is some try i can do to go back to first version of the firmware e try to repatch and reupdate or the expert member suggest to stay still and wait ? I readed on other forums that that development is stopped. But i cant understand if is only a problem of version of the firmware or a no way situationi until some people find how to fix.
in the first case the downograde is possibile or not ? tnx
25th March 2020, 12:16 AM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by capridream

so in few world and to help other user.
sugat qct can work only online ..... if it is true we have to update to last firmware that mess the battery life (drop the standbay time unti a one or two hours.
Who is currently on 2agk what can do to install magidisk ? When i tryed , the last time with patched boot file it updatet the firmware and after the process i was stuck in bootloop. To fix it i haved ti reinstall the firmware in a new pc.
Now there is some try i can do to go back to first version of the firmware e try to repatch and reupdate or the expert member suggest to stay still and wait ? I readed on other forums that that development is stopped. But i cant understand if is only a problem of version of the firmware or a no way situationi until some people find how to fix.
in the first case the downograde is possibile or not ? tnx

As far as I see, both 1Axx and 2Axx are confirmed by forum members to be rooted.
I've got a bootloop on first attempt. The first boot.img was corrupted by Magisk, bad patch.
26th March 2020, 07:04 PM |#161  
Flag capri
Thanks Meter: 4

More
it is possible to pacht my boot file ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)