FORUMS

[Release] Root the Palm phone

2,202 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,820

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 17th December 2019, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2020, 01:26 PM |#171  
Flag capri
Thanks Meter: 4

More
someone can patch this ? it is the ultimate boot file on hardware 03 last update
https://we.tl/t-MtmEJFGgYI
19th April 2020, 12:08 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
tethering
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchez213

Anyone get hotspot working?

adb shell service call connectivity 34 i32 1 s16 text
works for me. (USB tethering is better than nothing.)
24th April 2020, 01:04 AM |#173  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence.tan

No need for empirical proof, I did the analysis here.

The difference is: the early part of boot is Qualcomm code using Qualcomm security. These are the "pbl", "sbl/edl" and "aboot/fastboot" programs (and also "modem", "tz" and other bits). These were the parts that I was looking at in the link above.

When "aboot" completes, it hands over to the late part of boot, which is Android code using Google security. These are the "boot.img/Linux kernel" programs, "recovery", "system", "vendor", "data", etc. They use a different security model. That's what this root method targets. You are correct when you say "Maybe we are just so lucky that boot.img is not checked as rigorously".

It does imply that you can mix the PVG100 Qualcomm partitions for "early boot" with the PVG100E Android partitions for "late boot" and vice-versa. But someone with motivation needs to test this... (No, you can't unlock cellular bands this way; the "modem" partition is from Qualcomm and must match your hardware.).

I would like to unlock my bootloader, and I'm willing to sacrifice my verizon palm phone currently on 2AGA.

Based on what I read somewhere else, the verizon bootloader is locked, but the european bootloader isn't.

Based on what you wrote, it should be possible to mix and match by replacing just the verizon bootloader with the european bootloader, as the bootloaders are
part of the "late boot" partitions - correct?
6th May 2020, 05:24 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
How long does flashing normally take?
I was stuck for 10min in "reading" on 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inko66

thanks I didn't flash anything into it, and two days later, its battary run out, haha

Dito here, I thought it was dead, no buttons worked, but after one night battery ran out and it was back
7th May 2020, 10:03 AM |#175  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.][No_WaY

i have pvg100 and the lte band is not compatible with my country LTE band , wounder if i can flash pvg100e over it as eu lte band is compatible wih my country lte?

any idea?

---------- Post added at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

i used the guide but in this step
(Once that is done replace the B1AMD0D0CV00.mbn in your copy of the firmware with the patched boot.img)
I renamed the patched boot.img to the orginal file name B1AMG0G0CV00.mbn and paste it back to the folder and flash it , is this right?
I got a message "Your device has loaded a different operating system..." and boot loop !! cannot bypass it

Hi, did you get to do the PVG100 compatible with the LTE bands at your country? I canĀ“t use the 4G band in my country with a PVG100 in 1AMG with hardware version 03.

Thanks in advance
18th May 2020, 06:02 PM |#176  

More
[[[Is anyone still available to patch files?

I can DM you a link, but am too new to post a direct link here.

Thanks to anyone that can help, I am trying to get rid of all the verizon nonsense on my "unlocked" phone.]]]

never mind, I figured out that the second phone does not need to be rooted. You just need magisk manager installed (the icon inside the magisk app will say you are not yet installed), then you can patch the palm boot file.
19th May 2020, 03:43 PM |#177  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.vandelay

Can sugar be used to flash a GSI?

Answering my own question... yes it can

Edit: How-to: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...phone-t4101947
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_190837.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	5022323   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200519_073432.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	5022325   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200519_073416.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	5022327  
The Following User Says Thank You to a.vandelay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift a.vandelay Ad-Free
19th May 2020, 10:05 PM |#178  
Flag EATONTOWN
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.vandelay

Answering my own question... yes it can

Edit: How-to: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...phone-t4101947

Great, are we able to do anroid 10? If so I would like to get one of this phone
23rd May 2020, 07:56 AM |#179  

More
Hello. Would someone please patch this PVG100 file for 1AMGGFG0? Thanks everyone!

https://we.tl/t-IHxjhh1ZXo
Today, 02:23 PM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
@bedwards311
https://we.tl/t-nENkTmmnAT
Don't forget to rename the file!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)