FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Release] Root the Palm phone

2,185 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,787

By deadman96385, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 17th December 2019, 09:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2020, 02:05 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

Have you kept the folder? I need you to upload it to an sftp if possible?

Also are you using a Verizon model? Mine was 1AMD and when rooting it pulled 2AGG (which you do not want!)

Hey, snoopy2, what country did you want to use this is? Was it the Three network in the UK? If so, I might be able to help you get the LTE data up and running again.... but I have an extra palm that I don't care if I brick (because I've already bricked it a couple of times, and Sugar seems able to restore it every time), so I can test it out on that first to see if I can get the bands you need to turn on, and then let you know how to edit the radio comm files safely.

Also, Verizon in the U.S. just officially stopped using ANY gsm or cdma on January 1. But even prior to that, they designed this palm to really work well on LTE only, and I don't think mine ever connected (or can connect?) to any GSM or CDMA. It's really just LTE, and I believe that is how the radios are configured in the 1AMD update. I know that this has caused problems for others who are using SIM cards or providers that rely on GSM, and sometimes won't work without having those out-dated technologies in the configurations. Again, not 100% sure, but might be part of the problem.

I'm currently installing Parallels VM (cause I got a free student version). I'm going to try to pull the firmware from that...still not sure where the difference is, but I notice that certain root checkers (about 50% of the ones I've tried) instantly detect that it is rooted, while they never did so with the Verizon version. It isn't actually rooted, but maybe those are picking up on an unlocked bootloader or something... I tried booting into the bootloader and using fastboot, but it still didn't work. I'm gonna extract the firmware now. Keep ya posted!
The Following User Says Thank You to hardbodyrichert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hardbodyrichert Ad-Free
8th January 2020, 09:02 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hi,

The bands are turned on, 3G is up and running, but there's no data (it is Three in the UK). They've put a restriction some place.
8th January 2020, 11:31 AM |#43  

More
So a user uploaded 1AMD and I managed to use Sugar to revert back. Unfortunately mobile data is still disabled .

The firmware I had originally was March 2019 security release but I'm unsure of the v1xxx build number.
8th January 2020, 02:34 PM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

Hi,

The bands are turned on, 3G is up and running, but there's no data (it is Three in the UK). They've put a restriction some place.

Could u share a copy of the old firmware.

I think the simlock/band lock should be solved with efs explorer by replacing related files.

APNs can be solved by replacing files in system, although we cannot edit it.
9th January 2020, 12:00 AM |#45  

More
Although it looks like an APN problem... it's not, I've edited the apn.xml and applied APN settings (forced) over adb.

Tomorrow I'm going back to a Samsung S5 mini with good old Android 5.1
10th January 2020, 04:35 AM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
There has been an update for the Palm phone, a 1AMG firmware version.

This may be a dumb question, but given that I've already followed this thread's guide on rooting my 1AMD Verizon Palm, is it safe or even possible to update my phone and retain my root? Thanks!
10th January 2020, 07:15 AM |#47  

More
unable to get into EDL
I got PVG100C.
I can enter recovery, after that, I tried to enter EDL mode, it will not. If I short press button, it goes back; if I longer press, like 4-5 seconds, it goes back; if I press and hold, it goes back after couple of seconds; if l leave the screen, it goes back
Screenshots attached.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 AM ----------

try the picture again

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pic...ictureid=59803
10th January 2020, 02:13 PM |#48  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmrodden

There has been an update for the Palm phone, a 1AMG firmware version.

This may be a dumb question, but given that I've already followed this thread's guide on rooting my 1AMD Verizon Palm, is it safe or even possible to update my phone and retain my root? Thanks!

There was a post about how they do updates and it's by creating a diff of the two versions, and they don't check when it's applied so you'll quite likely end up bricking it if the boot img has changed in the firmware update.
13th January 2020, 11:03 AM |#49  

More
Root Power on
Someone know the file to modify in system/bin for power on the palm @ charge complete or when plugged in charge?
Already rooted
14th January 2020, 09:14 PM |#50  

More
It's a long shot but has anyone rooted while staying on the March (or earlier) security release? If so they should have the Sugar download files I need to get my Palm back to a working state.
15th January 2020, 05:53 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
1AMD Verizon for Sugar
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)