FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review Of 'Dual Sim Control' – Dual SIM Management App for Mediatek Based Phones

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 19
 
By Russell_S, Member on 13th September 2014, 12:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2014, 07:50 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaormf

Hi,

try to remove all the preferred contacts in Android settings, and then set on of the SIMs as the preferred one. This way I think that the Android popup to select SIM should not be shown.

Then you use MTK Control entirely to select the SIM used to dial.

Please tell me if this helped.

Hi
Sorry for delay, did a full reset of phone to make sure no other apps messing with it.
No sim associations are set in android.
voice calls set to always use one sim
Rules created in MTK control to use second sim.
Phone will dial via Bluetooth speech recognition and appears to choose the sim but call ends without ever connecting. No box pops up asking for sim choice, interestlingly if the screen lock is off the calling screen doesn't show either.
I can hand dial a number and it appears to choose the sim and show calling screen but uses Bluetooth for voice.
Any other ideas?
Thanks
 
 
17th October 2014, 09:26 PM |#12  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberfrog

Hi
Sorry for delay, did a full reset of phone to make sure no other apps messing with it.
No sim associations are set in android.
voice calls set to always use one sim
Rules created in MTK control to use second sim.
Phone will dial via Bluetooth speech recognition and appears to choose the sim but call ends without ever connecting. No box pops up asking for sim choice, interestlingly if the screen lock is off the calling screen doesn't show either.
I can hand dial a number and it appears to choose the sim and show calling screen but uses Bluetooth for voice.
Any other ideas?
Thanks

So if you dial using Bluetooth the call is never made... but if you dial from phone with the Bluetooth connected it works as expected?

Can you send me the application debug information after replicating the first situation?

Thanks
17th October 2014, 11:11 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaormf

So if you dial using Bluetooth the call is never made... but if you dial from phone with the Bluetooth connected it works as expected?

Can you send me the application debug information after replicating the first situation?

Thanks

Hi,
Have sent as private message the debug log.
Thanks
19th October 2014, 01:15 PM |#14  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberfrog

Hi,
Have sent as private message the debug log.
Thanks

Hi,

can you please try to increase the time before the call is made using MTK Control settings?
Try it with 0 ms delay or with a delay like 500 ms.

Tell me how it goes...
22nd October 2014, 06:40 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaormf

Hi,

can you please try to increase the time before the call is made using MTK Control settings?
Try it with 0 ms delay or with a delay like 500 ms.

Tell me how it goes...

Changed the delay to 500ms and this has fixed it, now dials via Bluetooth speech recognition and call connects.
Many thanks for the advice and help.
Steps for anyone else having an issue.
1.remove associations in android
2.set sim association in MTK control
3. set a sim as default for voice in android
4. set time delay to 500ms in MTK

Thanks again
13th November 2014, 06:51 AM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
as remove associations in android?. thx
13th November 2014, 09:14 AM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmajor

as remove associations in android?. thx

Hi,

In Android settings you can define one of the SIMs as the prefered one for a given contact.
This associations induce, in my opinion, a not very user friendly behaviour even .when not using my app.

You should remove them to make sure that my app can work it's magic without interferences.
30th November 2014, 05:06 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
xperia c
does it work on xperia c
30th November 2014, 04:13 PM |#19  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcube

does it work on xperia c

Hi,

I believe that it doesn't work, but you can try it with the free version. I'm however preparing a new MTK Control version that will bring support to Android One and Samsung phones.

Join the Google+ community since I will announce there when it's released.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to joaormf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaormf Ad-Free
19th December 2014, 09:04 PM |#20  
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Donate to Me
More
This APP looks great but you clearly state it will not work on other phones, like my LG G3 so I was wondering if you know of any other APP like this that will work on a normal LG G3 dual SIM phone ?

Thanks mate
20th December 2014, 11:56 AM |#21  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpManiac

This APP looks great but you clearly state it will not work on other phones, like my LG G3 so I was wondering if you know of any other APP like this that will work on a normal LG G3 dual SIM phone ?

Thanks mate

Hi,
As you can imagine I get that question very often, and I still don't know of something similar for other phones.

I'm now working on making it work for Samsung, since I got a donation of a phone so I can test and develop.
After that I will make a long shot to make it work for Android One even without a phone to test, since I get huge amounts of people requesting it, and because it probably uses more straightforward ways of dealing with the dual SIM.

For LG or Sony there is very little demand at the moment, and sice they are very customized versions like Samsung I would almost certainly need a phone to develop it and test it. There is however some hope that when I make it work for Android One it could also work for this brands.

Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes