FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review Of 'Dual Sim Control' – Dual SIM Management App for Mediatek Based Phones

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By Russell_S, Member on 13th September 2014, 12:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th December 2014, 11:56 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpManiac

This APP looks great but you clearly state it will not work on other phones, like my LG G3 so I was wondering if you know of any other APP like this that will work on a normal LG G3 dual SIM phone ?

Thanks mate

Hi,
As you can imagine I get that question very often, and I still don't know of something similar for other phones.

I'm now working on making it work for Samsung, since I got a donation of a phone so I can test and develop.
After that I will make a long shot to make it work for Android One even without a phone to test, since I get huge amounts of people requesting it, and because it probably uses more straightforward ways of dealing with the dual SIM.

For LG or Sony there is very little demand at the moment, and sice they are very customized versions like Samsung I would almost certainly need a phone to develop it and test it. There is however some hope that when I make it work for Android One it could also work for this brands.

Regards

20th December 2014, 12:21 PM |#22  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaormf

Hi,
As you can imagine I get that question very often, and I still don't know of something similar for other phones.

I'm now working on making it work for Samsung, since I got a donation of a phone so I can test and develop.
After that I will make a long shot to make it work for Android One even without a phone to test, since I get huge amounts of people requesting it, and because it probably uses more straightforward ways of dealing with the dual SIM.

For LG or Sony there is very little demand at the moment, and sice they are very customized versions like Samsung I would almost certainly need a phone to develop it and test it. There is however some hope that when I make it work for Android One it could also work for this brands.

Regards

Hi mate, thanks for taking the time to reply

If you do develop it for other phones, I have no problem being a Beta Tester for you on the LG G3
- just give me shout and I will do what I can to help

Cheers

Steve
20th December 2014, 12:43 PM |#23  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpManiac

Hi mate, thanks for taking the time to reply

If you do develop it for other phones, I have no problem being a Beta Tester for you on the LG G3
- just give me shout and I will do what I can to help

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

Join the Google + Community, I will announce thete when it's available new versions.

Regards
20th December 2014, 01:09 PM |#24  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi Steve,

Join the Google + Community, I will announce thete when it's available new versions.

Regards

Is this you?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JoaoRMFApps/posts
20th December 2014, 01:27 PM |#25  

More
Yes
9th January 2015, 01:17 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I'm looking for an APP with the same functionality of this that is compatible with the Xperia Z3 Dual.
Does anyone know if there is any?

joaormf, I do not know if your APP is able to do this, but if not, a function I would like is to make the calls according to the Google account.
If the contact is in the account xx[email protected] make calls using the SIM 1
If the contact is in the account [email protected] make calls using the SIM 2

Thanks

Sorry for my English.
9th January 2015, 02:20 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w. junior

I'm looking for an APP with the same functionality of this that is compatible with the Xperia Z3 Dual.
Does anyone know if there is any?

joaormf, I do not know if your APP is able to do this, but if not, a function I would like is to make the calls according to the Google account.
If the contact is in the account [email protected] make calls using the SIM 1
If the contact is in the account [email protected] make calls using the SIM 2

Thanks

Sorry for my English.

Hi,
I'm not aware of a similar that would work seamless with a SE phone. I'm working in bringing Samsung phones support, and after that for Android One.
Maybe with Android One it could bring some of the functions for SE phones.

Regarding your question, my app can do that, as long as you add the contacts to a group (which are synchronized with each Google account).
13th January 2015, 12:59 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Jiayu G6
Hi,

I have tried the app but unfortunatley it doesnt work for the preffered sim call.

I have removed all binded contact, set one of the sim as default and set delay 516ms or so. Still no success.

Can you help? (My phone is Jiayu G6 which is mtk 6892)
13th January 2015, 02:12 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telehubis

Hi,
I have tried the app but unfortunatley it doesnt work for the preffered sim call.
I have removed all binded contact, set one of the sim as default and set delay 516ms or so. Still no success.
Can you help? (My phone is Jiayu G6 which is mtk 6892)

Does the other app functions work with your phone? Do you have the function enabled?
Can you activate the debug, make a call and then send me the logs by email (get it from Google Play app page).

You are using the stock dialer? Can you try a different dialer like Rocket Dialer?

Regards
13th January 2015, 02:57 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Does the other app functions work with your phone? Do you have the function enabled?
Can you activate the debug, make a call and then send me the logs by email (get it from Google Play app page).

You are using the stock dialer? Can you try a different dialer like Rocket Dialer?

Regards

Ok, now I know what was the problem - the preffered SIM function wasnt active! I was sliding the button, but you have to press it (looks like Jiayu special slide button whatever...)
Anyway now I see that for some contacts it is working and for some it is not.
When not working I see the normal choose SIM popout even though in the settings I have set one SIM for all calls. When I choose from the popout one SIM then I see
screen from the MTK Control app....
I have not been using other dialer so far.
Oh and other functions seem to work.

BTW. I haver sent the log to your mail.
13th January 2015, 04:09 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telehubis

Ok, now I know what was the problem - the preffered SIM function wasnt active! I was sliding the button, but you have to press it (looks like Jiayu special slide button whatever...)
Anyway now I see that for some contacts it is working and for some it is not.
When not working I see the normal choose SIM popout even though in the settings I have set one SIM for all calls. When I choose from the popout one SIM then I see
screen from the MTK Control app....
I have not been using other dialer so far.
Oh and other functions seem to work.

BTW. I haver sent the log to your mail.

Hi,
when using the recent call log, those entries are associated with one of the SIMs. If by any chance you have defined to use the other SIM as default, it will ask you to choose the SIM. This behaviour happens in some ROMs, meaning that not every one should see this "problem".

This being said, try to make the call from the phonebook, or even better use other dialer. There are some very good looking and with some very useful functions available for free from the Google Play. The way that the stock dialer places calls makes it impossible to make this work perfectly since the stock dialer is a system app and have priority over my app. This is not the case with other dialers, and hence my app works much flawless with other dialers.

(I don't know if I addressed your current problem. If I'm missing something let me know).

Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)