FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review Of 'Dual Sim Control' – Dual SIM Management App for Mediatek Based Phones

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By Russell_S, Member on 13th September 2014, 12:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th January 2015, 04:09 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telehubis

Ok, now I know what was the problem - the preffered SIM function wasnt active! I was sliding the button, but you have to press it (looks like Jiayu special slide button whatever...)
Anyway now I see that for some contacts it is working and for some it is not.
When not working I see the normal choose SIM popout even though in the settings I have set one SIM for all calls. When I choose from the popout one SIM then I see
screen from the MTK Control app....
I have not been using other dialer so far.
Oh and other functions seem to work.

BTW. I haver sent the log to your mail.

Hi,
when using the recent call log, those entries are associated with one of the SIMs. If by any chance you have defined to use the other SIM as default, it will ask you to choose the SIM. This behaviour happens in some ROMs, meaning that not every one should see this "problem".

This being said, try to make the call from the phonebook, or even better use other dialer. There are some very good looking and with some very useful functions available for free from the Google Play. The way that the stock dialer places calls makes it impossible to make this work perfectly since the stock dialer is a system app and have priority over my app. This is not the case with other dialers, and hence my app works much flawless with other dialers.

(I don't know if I addressed your current problem. If I'm missing something let me know).

Regards

13th January 2015, 09:43 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaormf

Hi,
when using the recent call log, those entries are associated with one of the SIMs. If by any chance you have defined to use the other SIM as default, it will ask you to choose the SIM. This behaviour happens in some ROMs, meaning that not every one should see this "problem".

This being said, try to make the call from the phonebook, or even better use other dialer. There are some very good looking and with some very useful functions available for free from the Google Play. The way that the stock dialer places calls makes it impossible to make this work perfectly since the stock dialer is a system app and have priority over my app. This is not the case with other dialers, and hence my app works much flawless with other dialers.

(I don't know if I addressed your current problem. If I'm missing something let me know).

Regards

I have set default sim for calls SIM 1 (was SIM 2) and everything is working fine!

Thanks!

EDIT: In the end the best option is to use dialer other than the stock one. When using custom dialer everything is working fine
22nd December 2015, 08:47 PM |#33  
Flag Delhi,India
Thanks Meter: 280

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaormf

Hi,

Regards

Does it work on Android one now!
23rd December 2015, 08:30 AM |#34  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKumarXDA

Does it work on Android one now!

Hi,

I believe so, but please give it a try with the free version, and report back here what device you are using and if it worked.

Thanks
28th March 2016, 06:21 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
@joaormf
Thank you for your realy helpful app.
It worked great for me with lolipop, but is not working at all with marshmallow - will you update your app, or do i have to life without it?
BR
Lion
The Following User Says Thank You to Lion_1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lion_1 Ad-Free
29th March 2016, 01:44 PM |#36  

More
Hi,

I will update, but don't know when it will be ready.
The Following User Says Thank You to joaormf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joaormf Ad-Free
29th March 2016, 04:14 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Great, thank you for the info...
6th April 2016, 06:04 PM |#38  

More
@joaormf, please let us know when you update app for marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge...
30th April 2019, 07:26 AM |#39  
Flag Rainelle
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried to search for the app Dual Sim Control on the Google Play app store but I can't seem to find the correct one. Can you post a link or post a screenshot of the correct app?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)