25th October 2019, 07:20 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anikscha

@imska
Stuck forever at "Welcome Screen" on Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial fork)

This is odd... did you enter your sudo password in the terminal? Free-Droid needs to run adb and fastboot commands with sudo and will only proceed from the welcome screen to the main screen after the user enters his password in the terminal which opened Free-Droid.
If you did that, please send me the log file from the log folder. Thanks for reporting.
25th October 2019, 07:15 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imska

This is odd...

Maybe my mistake, cause I placed it in /usr/lib and executed "Free-Droid.run by an created icon in the cinnamon menue", which caused the hang at start screen, but also as terminal command (/usr/lib/Free-Droid/Free-Droid.run) it would not start!, but
it starts fine when placed in /home/software/Free-Droid/ and Free-Droid.run executed in terminal.
Cheers, an icon fan.
2nd November 2019, 01:16 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Update 0.7.6

fix installation procedure failing at NanoDroid
better device codename recognition
lookups tables (for codename, etc.) are now taken from gitlab instead of my server
new alias lookup system (some devices have different codenames for twrp than for roms)
ability to automatically flash device-specific zips (like a kernel) before or after the rom
faster and more efficient scanning for roms
do not let an unexpected device name in twrp disturb the installation process (if your device is misidentified when you start the installation, you will install a rom made for the wrong device)
fix smaller bugs and typos

Next update will let the user help identify the device if it is unclear to free-droid and will improve compatibility with sony devices
6th November 2019, 04:33 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxo

Looks amazing don't have a chance to test it but here are some mirrors:
Windows https://www.mediafire.com/file/1603r...atest.zip/file
Mac https://www.mediafire.com/file/qi64j...st.tar.gz/file
Linux https://www.mediafire.com/file/m5hzx...st.tar.gz/file

Thanks for the mirrors.
In the meantime, I moved the packages to the gitlab repo and pointed the download buttons on free-droid.com to gitlab. The downloads of the latest releases should now be as fast as gitlab.com is. After the next release/update, the following auto-updates from within Free-Droid should be automatically downloaded from gitlab, which should also be significantly faster.
Yesterday, 10:47 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
It took me a while, but the official website just got a nice update:
You can now check on the website before downloading if Free-Droid will work with your device! This should prevent a lot of disappointment after downloading 120mb, waiting for Free-Droid so prepare and struggling with drivers (windows only ) just to find out that the device is unknown or whatever.
After entering your device model on the Website, behind the curtain a check is done to find
  • the codename of your device
  • the brand of your device
  • available roms known to Free-Droid
  • available TWRP image known to Free-Droid
If the codename can be identified, the brand is supported by Free-Droid, a TWRP image and a rom are available, then you will be notified that your device is compatible. If one criterion is not met, you will be notified with a suggestion to help.
For now the website only shows compatible/not-(yet-)compatible, but I plan on having the website provide more precise feedback to the user and tell which criterion(s) are not met. This would make it easier for the user to know how to help .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)