Post Reply Email Thread
2nd January 2020, 01:50 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 61

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sands207

I have a MOTO G6 Play and it is an a only device, could i help you test to add support for treble devices? i can take and post logs and locats if needed and I'm familiar with ROM building and testing and debugging. Let me know if i can help

Awesome! Yes, let's do this! I bet a lot of people could use/need treble support.
What I need to know boils down to:
What is the difference in installation procedure with treble compared to non-treble? (Installation from stock as starting point)
Does it need any special Twrp version? Where to get treble enabled twrp from if official twrp is not treble enabled? How to know if a twrp image is treble enabled?
Does it have something to do with A/B or A-only recovery stuff? (Haven't figured that out yet either)
Which treble ROM(s) are stable and fully working?

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to imska For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift imska Ad-Free
4th January 2020, 01:23 AM |#62  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
new update to 0.7.14
  • fix resurrection remix availability check and download
  • automatically try fastboot boot if fastboot flash failed due to unknown partition name. This might be a first step to make Free-Droid work on A/B-devices.
  • fix nasty syslog retrieval bug
  • a few more smaller fixes
  • warn user about windows defender or another kind of antivirus blocking access to the adb.exe, fastboot.exe or heimdall.exe binary
  • package the binaries for windows instead of having the user download them at launch. This might trip fewer defenders and antiviruses.

It would be a good help if someone could test Free-Droid with and without windows defender activated and report the results. Testing results with other antivirus programs would be awesome, too.
9th January 2020, 10:37 AM |#63  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
need help from windows users: is Free-Droid launching the same way with and without windows defender (or other antivirus) activated? Does the antivirus warning popup even with windows defender and antivirus deactivated?
I can't test this myself since I do not have windows installed...

release 0.7.17 fixes a few frequent issues
improved handling of formatting the data partition in twrp if needed
disallow downloading twice the same file at the same time
do not ask the user to identify his device from an empty list
14th January 2020, 09:16 PM |#64  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Hotfix update/release for thr failure to download magisk

I will be trying to figure out a better way for free-droid to keep itself up-to-date. It will probably just have the launcher packaged and then download the crucial code from the gitlab repo.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)