I would like to present something we have been working on for some time now !
For those who thinks their smartphone can perform the same tasks that a computer can, we would like to allow you to replace your computer with your smartphone, using it on any screen, TV, projector. Basically, it's like Microsoft Continuum but better with Android
OXI working on NexDock
We're developing a desktop-like environment for Android, implying multitasking, resizing, notification support.
You can use it directly on your main screen but the most interesting is to use a second screen (with MHL/DP or Miracast for instance) to get a desktop environment on it and still use your phone meanwhile.
Our code is now based on LineageOS 14.1, and we're ready to follow the next Android evolutions. We're using LineageOS for compatibility reasons, because we want to be able to try with multiple phones without spending much time on porting.
We're currently in a buiding process, and you can already download the A.2.3 (Nougat) OXI versions for :
- OnePlus 3 / 3T
- OnePlus 2
- OnePlus One
- Huawei Nexus 6P
- LG Nexus 5X
- LG G5 (we have issues with DisplayPort, let us know how is it working for you)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (Exynos - herolte)
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Exynos - hero2lte)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE (gts210ltexx)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 wifi (gts210wifi)
- Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham)
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo)
- LeEco Le Max 2 (x2)
- ZTE Axon 7
Our code is based on CyanogenMod 13, and I'm currently switching the dev branches to LineageOS 14.1. We're using CM/LOS for compatibility reasons, because we want to be able to try with multiple phones without spending much time on porting.
Right now we have several alpha versions
-> OnePlus 3 (oneplus3)
-> Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Advance (ks01lte)
-> LG Nexus 5X (bullhead)
-> Galaxy tab S2 9.7 lte (gts210ltexx)
Next alpha-releases are going to be Galaxy Note4 (trltexx) and probably Redmi Note 3 pro (kenzo). Not sure right now. In our wishlist (from our french community), are also S6, S7, LG h850, angler, some Asus...
If you want OXI to be on your smartphone, tablet or other device, please tell us! If it's supported by LineageOS, it would be even easier for us .
To have a comfortable experience on OXI, you need to have a mid-range around (from experience, 40-50k score at Antutu is enough). But you need at least 2GB memory, 3GB is better. Basically : more RAM => more apps that can be opened simultaneously without slowing down the system. With 3GB, you can easily open 15 apps. We didn't had enough applications installed to crash our OnePlus 3 .
I'm going to describe really quickly the basics of OXI. You'll find multiple apps preinstalled in the ROM :
OXI : Launch OXI on main display (phone)
OXI Remote : Launch OXI on the external display (Miracast, DisplayLink, DisplayPort, MHL, HDMI, Chromecast or other...)
For wireless, we recommand the Miracast adapters from Microsoft (Wireless Display v2) or from ActionTech. These adapters are fully compatible with OXI and eliminate completely the mouse lag that you might experience with other wireless adapters (such as Chromecast). Give us feedback, we didn't try everything !
OXI Control : A basic tool replacing keyboard and mouse. Two modes, "Keypad" is a simple touchpad/keyboard, moving the mouse from the phone, and the "Pad" mode is a mirrored touchscreen surface. Very cool to play multitouch games in OXI.
OXI Overscan tool : If you are using OXI on some TV you might notice a part of app missing. You can use this tool to crop the visible surface, adjust until you can see a red rectangle around the blue one.
How to launch an app in OXI :
Put the mouse in the bottom left part to see the menu button an click on it
Start your favorite apps !
How to connect in Miracast
If it's working, you should see your phone mirrored on the screen.
Launch OXI on a second screen :
Launch OXI Remote.
If needed, enable permissions
Location permission is just used to show the wifi networks
Overlay permission is mandatory for OXI remote, as we're drawing over a different surface than the main screen.
Click on start
OXI should appear on the other screen and your device should have a new notification with "OXI running". You can tap on this notification to shut down OXI.
Control tool usage
"Keypad" mode is a remote keyboard and mouse/touchpad
"Pad" mode allows you to interact with the active window (the touch surface is mapped to the active window)
NOTE : this is not updated, the new interface is looking way better (check the videos ! https://goo.gl/6R6rcZ
Please tell us your remarks and wishes for next versions, so we can adjust our roadmap by most-wanted features.
- Screenshot tool
- Full shutdown of the main screen when using OXI in remote (to save battery)
- Customization options (font size, background...)
- Inbuilt file manager
- Multiple instance launching (ex : two Word instances)
- Multiscreen support
- This is an alpha, quite stable but it's not 100% stable or secured.
- Installing it is your choice and we're not responsible for any damage or loss of data.
- However there's no difference between this and a CyanogenMod ROM for the installation, if you are confident all should be okay. We're using those devices for a long time now, and it works great.
- Never forget the golden rule : ALWAY SAVE YOUR DATA, and do nandroid backup before any operation on your phone.
- This is an alpha (again), so we might fix a lot of things between releases, so check regularly for updates
1. (If not done yet) : Unlock bootloader
2. (If not done yet) : Flash custom recovery (TWRP or cyanogenmod classic recovery), with fastboot, odin/heimdall, spflashtool...
3. (If not done yet) : In recovery, remember to do a backup !
4. Wipe all the phone (Might not be mandatory if you're already running LineageOS 14.1 nightly)
5. Install the zip file
6. (Optional) Install Google Apps (Open GApps, android 7.1)
7. Restart the phone
That might sounds stupid but with my brand new account on XDA, right now I can't post ROMs in each device forum... I will do that as soon as I can...
For latest releases, check https://getoxi.com/download !
OXI A.2.3 (2017/06/22) - Nougat version !
- OnePlus3/3T: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634781196 - md5 14e3d2b8339820e67bf8d40d89906da4
- Nexus 6P (angler) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298969591 - md5 77a06b7e67028281c1efa14f73d39d61
- Nexus 5X (bullhead) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634781195 - md5 631f4ad7e0c9dbccb3217bfe3b672d94
- LG G5 (h850) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634781193 - md5 91253ff89726aaa50a8f28b280884934
- OnePlus 2 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545576971 - md5 8d8610d5efa789905bbc0d1997047b5c
- OnePlus One : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195911027 - md5 e27152738b4de60fca08e280049eb48e
- Samsung Galaxy S7 (exynos - herolte) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120744840- md5 d78b9a7ac25b99615a8b7d0c9c242f15
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (exynos - hero2lte) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634782269 - md5 f9b8afb0681d1e12ac7bb4b97a061a00
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 LTE (gts210ltexx) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195912098 - md5 eac4e7f670858c383e224bf0187f2b97
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 wifi (gts210wifi) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545578097 - md5 ec9addd2e34503c4878bd2ba90c23c2e
- Lenovo Zuk Z1 (ham) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634782293 - md5 a9944f74678f6224b7610c8a46325533
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120744839 - md5 614ea7b4119ee4771d1d98bea7d050d8
- LeEco Le Max 2 (x2) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195913394 - md5 8ec7f1ff0a8bde53fcb5c902690968f1
- ZTE Axon 7 (axon7) https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545579364 - md5 bb9a4f6173281fe0f2ab049405f4d411
- OnePlus3 : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634745003 - md5 463000a46067233f352fe24c4f3002ab
- Nexus 5X (bullhead) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298929998 - md5 8f1bc2d74d0d3daccd8dab0e00a90d5c
- Samsung S4 Advance LTE (ks01lte, I9506) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634745004 - md5 65f29339e55df4379d2c0e2ead029dfb
- Samsung Galaxy Tab (gts210ltexx, SM-T815) : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634745005 - md5 ff6ba0d94e4463c33467c71aeee53025