FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROMs and Recoveries] Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus/ S5 + - All Things And Dev.

221 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By rjt.rockx, Senior Member on 15th October 2014, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2015, 09:20 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

@TripleR119 I guess you'd better install the Xperia v2 ROM. That has a 10:1 ratio of boot errors. You'll get a better, more customizable user interface and faster boot time. So, install PhilZ touch recovery and get going ! @cybercrawler you'll get it as soon as a KitKat boot image is got for this device. I'm trying to learn to create one. I'm a bit busy with exams right now, so it'll have to wait. Meanwhile, check if http://www.lollipop-port.org/2014/12...plus-5925.html is working or not.

Contacting to service centre & flashing the system will help or not??

25th February 2015, 12:26 PM |#102  
Flag Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleR119

Contacting to service centre & flashing the system will help or not??

Of course letting the service centre unbrick your phone is gonna work.But they might charge you if you don't have a warranty. Also they keep the device for a couple of days.So better flash a custom ROM.Its easy a hell.

Sent from my Titanium S5+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th February 2015, 12:36 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Yep, flash Xperia ROM v2. The stock software is more bloated than you can imagine. It has a Salestracker app that tracks your every action on the phone, and has access to about ALL permissions on the phone. Check the Xperia ROM v2 out. It's cool. I have it installed on my phone right now. And for custom ROM flashing, installation and so on, you don't need the service center.
You've got us. We'll be there to help you.
I've been through such problems, believe me. Doing it by yourself is way better than sending your phone to them to just reinstall that piece of bloatware onto your device, trust me.
9th March 2015, 07:25 AM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
New boot.img !
This might ressurect Project CarbonForKarbonn !
Check it out at http://rjt-rockx.ml/2015/03/new-boot...anium-s5-plus/ !
10th March 2015, 04:11 AM |#105  

More
Quote:

New boot.img !
This might ressurect Project CarbonForKarbonn !
Check it out at http://rjt-rockx.ml/2015/03/new-boot...anium-s5-plus/ !

I have not downloaded the C4K yet.But still I have other 3 custom ROM's(Android L,MIUI 5,Lewa).I think if I replace the boot.img with the any one of the above rom's,it boot the device.So at least we will know that the boot.img is good or not.Reply me if correct so that I'll flash it.

10th March 2015, 01:53 PM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Yep. Try it out with the Xperia ROM (or any other similar ROM) first. The whole kernel was based on its boot image, so it should work with it. Backup all your data first. It may or may not work, since I haven't had the chance to try it out. Reply with the result. I'm waiting.
10th March 2015, 03:27 PM |#107  

More
Quote:

Yep. Try it out with the Xperia ROM (or any other similar ROM) first. The whole kernel was based on its boot image, so it should work with it. Backup all your data first. It may or may not work, since I haven't had the chance to try it out. Reply with the result. I'm waiting.

Sorry bro,no luck with the file.I tried it with Android L,Lewa and MIUI 5.The device just dose not boot up.It just stays at the karbonn screen

11th March 2015, 06:46 AM |#108  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

Sorry bro,no luck with the file.I tried it with Android L,Lewa and MIUI 5.The device just dose not boot up.It just stays at the karbonn screen

More compiling and coding to do. (sigh)
11th March 2015, 07:44 AM |#109  

More
Quote:

More compiling and coding to do. (sigh)

Hope you get it done.My friend has a carbon ROM on Nexus 5.Its just too good. UI and everything.Hope you get through to make 1 for our device.ATB and thanks for your efforts!

11th March 2015, 07:53 AM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

Hope you get it done.My friend has a carbon ROM on Nexus 5.Its just too good. UI and everything.Hope you get through to make 1 for our device.ATB and thanks for your efforts!

Yep. Already working on it.
13th March 2015, 01:05 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Okay, @superdragonpt, we don't have any source. We have a perfectly working stable Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ROM and a few nandroid backups, one of which is of the stock firmware. What next ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
karbonn, recoveries, roms, s5 plus, s5+, titanium-s5-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)