FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROMs and Recoveries] Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus/ S5 + - All Things And Dev.

221 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By rjt.rockx, Senior Member on 15th October 2014, 02:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2014, 08:03 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Anyway... Building the final parts of the Carbon Nightly ROM, also simultaneously working on MIUI 6 for this device.
Stock ROM build is happening... Just have to generate the updater-script and the update binary.
Status of Each Build :
Carbon ROM : Needs a new Update Binary, creating it, coding it.
TWRP Recovery : Done !
MIUI 6 : Downloading the latest release version. Porting and Update Binary and Updater Script pending.
Stock Flashable Zip : Creating all Update files from scratch, system folder is ready, deodexing pending, App updates pending.
Xperia v3 : Boot Animation Build Progressing, Updating all stock Google apps, Adding Xposed Framework, etc.
Android L ROM : Waiting for a Stable Android L ROM to be released here, still no progress.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjt.rockx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjt.rockx Ad-Free

23rd October 2014, 08:05 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Here are the basic mount points of this device which I accidentally discovered while messing about in the Stock ROM :

system : emmc@android : dev/block/mmcblk0p8 -- This is for the System folder, has ext4 partition type
data : emmc@usrdata : dev/block/mmcblk0p10 -- This is for the Data folder, has ext4 partition type
cache : emmc@cache : dev/block/mmcblk0p9 -- This is for the Cache folder, has ext4 partition type

Hope it helps !
23rd October 2014, 09:53 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Which do you think is better : External SD Card as Main Storage or Internal SD Card as Main Storage ?
Anybody can reply by posting here.
This question is for the Carbon ROM and the Stock Flashable Zip ROM.
I felt I should ask you this question as I felt that Internal SD Card has way too less storage for me, but my decision cannot be everybody's decision, can it ?. ( I have 180+ Apps on this device, all linked to SD Card ( 32 gb, ~1.5 gb free space remaining ) ).
23rd October 2014, 10:19 AM |#14  
Flag Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

Which do you think is better : External SD Card as Main Storage or Internal SD Card as Main Storage ?
Anybody can reply by posting here.
This question is for the Carbon ROM and the Stock Flashable Zip ROM.
I felt I should ask you this question as I felt that Internal SD Card has way too less storage for me, but my decision cannot be everybody's decision, can it ?. ( I have 180+ Apps on this device, all linked to SD Card ( 32 gb, ~1.5 gb free space remaining ) ).

Internal SD card is always a better options.Anyways keep it up with all the developments.

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd October 2014, 10:33 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
But then, what about the apps ? Wont you need that much storage for apps ?
23rd October 2014, 05:20 PM |#16  

More
Quote:

But then, what about the apps ? Wont you need that much storage for apps ?

But any was 2 GB storage is much low.Heck I have installed so much things on my device I have been having 'storage space running out' since two weeks!Anyways try to keep the internal storage as our SD Card.
Oh and nobody seems to be active on this thread except you and me.

23rd October 2014, 05:48 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

But any was 2 GB storage is much low.Heck I have installed so much things on my device I have been having 'storage space running out' since two weeks!Anyways try to keep the internal storage as our SD Card.
Oh and nobody seems to be active on this thread except you and me.

Yeah... But once I upload the ROMs which I am building, some more will definitely visit.
23rd October 2014, 08:51 PM |#18  
Flag kumbakonam, TamilNadu
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Hi rjt.rockx.....Thank you very much for ur hard work to make our device pretty awesome....
Plz make the ext. Sd card as main storage bcoz 2gb space s not enough for application itself.......
Wishing u all the best in ur current n future projects....:beer::beer::beer:

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Currently am using xperia v2 rom....everything works pretty good n smooth.........Eagerly waiting for ur future updates.......And one more thing , camera quality s not that good in low light. So any changes will be pretty nice too....

24th October 2014, 01:01 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

Yeah... But once I upload the ROMs which I am building, some more will definitely visit.

Is there any way to change the on-screen soft keys to look them like that of Nexus 5 lollipop soft keys.They look really cool and other thing is the transparency of the on screen buttons.It would be great if you made this above mod in the new ROM

24th October 2014, 01:50 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by algates

Hi rjt.rockx.....Thank you very much for ur hard work to make our device pretty awesome....
Plz make the ext. Sd card as main storage bcoz 2gb space s not enough for application itself.......
Wishing u all the best in ur current n future projects....:beer::beer::beer:

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Currently am using xperia v2 rom....everything works pretty good n smooth.........Eagerly waiting for ur future updates.......And one more thing , camera quality s not that good in low light. So any changes will be pretty nice too....

Yeah, I'm working on that. You know that camera you have in other Xperia devices with all that Timescape feature and everything ? I'm adding that to the updated version of this ROM. But, the ROM will still be based on Android Jellybean 4.2.2. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do about that because, if I change the base OS, I'll have to rebuild all the apps from scratch to fit alongside the new permissions and all that stuff, which will take off most of my time.
I'll consider your decision about the Main Storage, but there's one drawback about using it that way. You won't be able to remove your SD Card or unmount it while the OS is on. If that's okay with you, please reply. Anyway, if you want to change it afterwards, you can do so by the vold.fstab edit which cybercrawler had mentioned here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=31
Thanks for your opinion, by the way !
24th October 2014, 02:01 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

Is there any way to change the on-screen soft keys to look them like that of Nexus 5 lollipop soft keys.They look really cool and other thing is the transparency of the on screen buttons.It would be great if you made this above mod in the new ROM

You can use the Softkeyz app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...is605.softkeyz ) to change the design of the icons. However, you can't apply a glow effect or transparency or any such thing on the stock ROM.
But, there is a way to get that transparency, icons and all that, in the Xperia ROM. You will have to install the Xposed framework, install GravityBox and then mess around with the tweaks in that to get that effect you're looking for.
The Android L ROM will have all that navigation bar tweaks and things you're looking for, so I'll try to extract that and add it to most of the ROMs.
Note : If you're unwilling to pay for the app, just do a quick Google search and you'll find the apk file, which can be downloaded and installed manually on your device. Either that or you could download the app through Blackmart Store for free.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjt.rockx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjt.rockx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
karbonn, recoveries, roms, s5 plus, s5+, titanium-s5-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)