FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROMs and Recoveries] Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus/ S5 + - All Things And Dev.

221 posts
Thanks Meter: 70
 
By rjt.rockx, Senior Member on 15th October 2014, 03:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th October 2014, 03:01 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

Is there any way to change the on-screen soft keys to look them like that of Nexus 5 lollipop soft keys.They look really cool and other thing is the transparency of the on screen buttons.It would be great if you made this above mod in the new ROM

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can use the Softkeyz app ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...is605.softkeyz ) to change the design of the icons. However, you can't apply a glow effect or transparency or any such thing on the stock ROM.
But, there is a way to get that transparency, icons and all that, in the Xperia ROM. You will have to install the Xposed framework, install GravityBox and then mess around with the tweaks in that to get that effect you're looking for.
The Android L ROM will have all that navigation bar tweaks and things you're looking for, so I'll try to extract that and add it to most of the ROMs.
Note : If you're unwilling to pay for the app, just do a quick Google search and you'll find the apk file, which can be downloaded and installed manually on your device. Either that or you could download the app through Blackmart Store for free.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjt.rockx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjt.rockx Ad-Free
 
 
24th October 2014, 03:29 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
One more question. Would it be better if I include only the most basic ringtones in the ROM file and make a separate zip file of all other ringtones ( lessens the size of the ROM file but will have to flash two packages separately ) or include all ringtones within the ROM file itself ? ( greatens the size of the ROM file but less flashing )
My opinion is that two separate packages would be better, but I'll leave it up to your decision.
Happy Deepavali, by the way !
24th October 2014, 03:46 PM |#23  
cybercrawler's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

One more question. Would it be better if I include only the most basic ringtones in the ROM file and make a separate zip file of all other ringtones ( lessens the size of the ROM file but will have to flash two packages separately ) or include all ringtones within the ROM file itself ? ( greatens the size of the ROM file but less flashing )
My opinion is that two separate packages would be better, but I'll leave it up to your decision.
Happy Deepavali, by the way !

Ya two separate packages will be better!
And also thanks for the 'softkeyz' app.Bought it from the play store (since I have my own credit card).Here is the ss.
Looks really great. Indian Nexus 4

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1414158331332.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (44.8 KB, 128 views)
24th October 2014, 04:42 PM |#24  
algates's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kumbakonam, TamilNadu
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Thumbs up
Thank you very much.......better use SD card as main storage....Or if possible use the option available in xperia v2 ROM(we can choose the storage option in settings anytime).
Also am using xposed modules for the lollipop navigation bar with transparency..... Works n looks pretty good...
Also two separate packages will be better......
24th October 2014, 06:24 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercrawler

Ya two separate packages will be better!
And also thanks for the 'softkeyz' app.Bought it from the play store (since I have my own credit card).Here is the ss.
Looks really great. Indian Nexus 4

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep, but it looks better on a black background.
Nice icon pack and launcher... could you post some details about them ?
I see you are still having that internal storage problem. You could remove it by the Link2SD app ( i.e. if you have space on your sd card )
24th October 2014, 06:38 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Post Auto Installation of Apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by algates

Thank you very much.......better use SD card as main storage....Or if possible use the option available in xperia v2 ROM(we can choose the storage option in settings anytime).
Also am using xposed modules for the lollipop navigation bar with transparency..... Works n looks pretty good...
Also two separate packages will be better......

Do you know whether the Xposed framework works with the stock ROM ? I have some issues with it, like it doesn't reboot after installation.
Anyway... I'm bundling a few apps that get installed alongwith the ROM installation. They'll be installed as user apps, so you wont have any trouble removing them if you don't want them.
The apps are :
Blackmart by Blackmart.us
Google Keyboard by Google Inc.
Google Keep by Google Inc.
A Better Camera Pro by Almalence
Root Explorer by Speed Software
360 Security by Qihu ( I like its UI )
SoftkeyZ Root by Janis N. Elfert
WPS: #1 FREE Mobile Office App by Kingsoft Office Software Corp.
ZipSigner by Ken Ellinwood
PACPerformance by Willi Ye
Pimp My ROM Beta by Androguide.fr
ROM Toolbox Pro by JRummy Apps
Easy Backup and Restore by MDroid Apps
DU Battery Saver by DU Apps
I feel these are must-have utility apps and must be included with any ROM I build.
24th October 2014, 07:16 PM |#27  
cybercrawler's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Intencity PS 3 hub,Pune
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

Yep, but it looks better on a black background.
Nice icon pack and launcher... could you post some details about them ?
I see you are still having that internal storage problem. You could remove it by the Link2SD app ( i.e. if you have space on your sd card )

I am using Solo launcher and lollipop theme by OnTheEdge.As for the internal storage problem its actually my SD card which is almost full.

Sent from my Karbonn Titanium S5 Plus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th October 2014, 07:18 PM |#28  
algates's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kumbakonam, TamilNadu
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

Do you know whether the Xposed framework works with the stock ROM ? I have some issues with it, like it doesn't reboot after installation.
Anyway... I'm bundling a few apps that get installed alongwith the ROM installation. They'll be installed as user apps, so you wont have any trouble removing them if you don't want them.
The apps are :
Blackmart by Blackmart.us
Google Keyboard by Google Inc.
Google Keep by Google Inc.
A Better Camera Pro by Almalence
Root Explorer by Speed Software
360 Security by Qihu ( I like its UI )
SoftkeyZ Root by Janis N. Elfert
WPS: #1 FREE Mobile Office App by Kingsoft Office Software Corp.
ZipSigner by Ken Ellinwood
PACPerformance by Willi Ye
Pimp My ROM Beta by Androguide.fr
ROM Toolbox Pro by JRummy Apps
Easy Backup and Restore by MDroid Apps
DU Battery Saver by DU Apps
I feel these are must-have utility apps and must be included with any ROM I build.

Hi rjt.rocks, These r the must having apps , am currently using all of it except the softkeyz root app..........
Also am using xperia v2 ROM now, but xposed installer works fine on stock ROM . Bcoz I rooted my phone and installed xposed modules the first day I bought this awesome phone.
26th October 2014, 11:45 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by algates

Hi rjt.rocks, These r the must having apps , am currently using all of it except the softkeyz root app..........
Also am using xperia v2 ROM now, but xposed installer works fine on stock ROM . Bcoz I rooted my phone and installed xposed modules the first day I bought this awesome phone.

You know, once, it didn't feel that awesome at all.( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=10 - 1st part ) But now, that I got involved in this device's development, it seems a whole lot better...
26th October 2014, 11:59 AM |#30  
algates's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag kumbakonam, TamilNadu
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
Thumbs up
Yup , that's true........Now u r the best developer for our phone. U r doing very hard work here......Hope u have more time to relax.........And keep it the good work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjt.rockx

You know, once, it didn't feel that awesome at all.( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1&postcount=10 - 1st part ) But now, that I got involved in this device's development, it seems a whole lot better...

26th October 2014, 02:31 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
You know what ?
I am on a recovery porting spree right now.
I just ported Philz Touch Recovery 6.57.9 ( which is based on ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.5.1 ) to this device !
Through this, you have the ability to :
Install a Flashable Zip through ADB Sideload
Install Multiple Zip files
Reboot to Fastboot mode, Recovery, System or Power Off
Toggle Signature verification
Use hardware keys or software keys. ( Note : I'm guessing cybercrawler would like this, as it comes with Android L - like Navigation Buttons )
Clean Up for Installation of a new ROM
Format Individual Partitions
Wipe Dalvik / ART cache
Clone system to an Update.zip file
Custom backup and restore from Internal or External SD Card
Switch between TWRP and CWM backup and restore mode
Mount USB Storage
Open Recovery scripts
Re-Root System
Support Aroma File Manager
Verify Root on exit
Setup Recovery Lock
Edit and Customize the GUI, including
Touch or Non-Touch option
Vibration Control
Brightness Control
Background Control
Menu Color
Virtual Keys
Battery / Clock Color
and much more !

Well, what are you waiting for ? Here's the link to try it out :
https://tr.im/2eae8

Hope it helps !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjt.rockx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjt.rockx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
karbonn, recoveries, roms, s5 plus, s5+, titanium-s5-plus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes