FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 Thread [ROOT][RECOVERY][ROMS]

3,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,337

By kirito9, Recognized Contributor on 4th September 2015, 01:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
KINDLY READ THIS FIRST POST BEFORE PROCEEDING TO DO ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IF YOU DISREGARD THIS!!

I'll advise anyone thinking of modifying their phone to first make a backup with SmartPhoneFlashTool (SPFT).
It's the best way to backup and restore your stock ROM (if you want OTA updates ).
You should make this backup before even rooting your phone. If you rooted, then unroot it and make the backup with SPFT.

Link to make a backup with SPFT- https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html

We're good? Sure we're good? Made your backup? Then proceed below to reap the benefits of rooting and custom ROMs.

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-3.5
Root- Here or here
Recovery- Here | TWRP 2.8.7.0 & TWRP 3.0
ROMs- Here
Mobile Upgrade Tool
Remote phone on PC - Here - thanks to @LESHIY_ODESSA

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4 (3G MODEL)
Root- Here or here
ROMs- Here or Faustino's Blog
Mobile Upgrade Tool

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 (3G MODEL)
Root- Here or here
ROMs- Here
Mobile Upgrade Tool

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 (4G MODEL)
Root- Here or here
Recovery- Here | TWRP 3.0.0-0
ROMs- Here | Here ROM tweaks
Mobile Upgrade Tool
Linux script to extract partition images from SPFT ROM_0 Readback credit to @kenny108

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 (4G MODEL/MSM8909/5017B)
Root- Kingroot (PC or apk will work)
Recovery-
ROMs- Stock images

Alcatel OT Pixi 3- 7/8/10 (Tablet)
Root - Here and here
Pixi 3 (8) TWRP- Here thanks to @dam85
Pixi 3 (10) TWRP - Here | CTR 5.7

Useful Links
Official FB support group (I recommend using chrome for translation because it's in spanish.)
Mediatek Preloader Drivers (Win 7/8/8.1)
Mediatek Preloader Drivers Win 10 32 & 64 bit
ADB Driver
ADB access anywhere
MTK Droid Tools
SP Flash Tool
SP Flash Tool MOD (Gets rid of most errors)
Generate scatter file
Create backup with SPFT
SP Flash Tool ROM Flashing Guide
ROM Porting Guide -thanks to @1966zippy
Fix bugs -thanks to @ZonaRMR
Unbrick using write memory
Backup IMEI/NVRAM with MTK Droid Tools
Flash recovery using write memory

Kernel Source Code
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4 - Here
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 3G- Here
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 4G- Here

Device Tree
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-3.5 - Here
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4 3G - Here
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 3G - Here
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 4G - Here
Alcatel OT Pixi 3-10 Wifi - Here

Custom Recovery Source Code
TWRP Source Code -Here (6.0 Branch)
CTR 3.3 Source Code -Here
CTR 5.7 for Lollipop and Marshmallow ONLY Source Code -Here

Credits
All the devs and modders and contributors..too much to mention
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free

4th September 2015, 04:06 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
How to root and recovery Pixi 3 (4) 3G
Yesterday i ported a clockworkmod recovery from the Alcatel Pop D3 to this phone so root is now possible .

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

Requirements:

- PC running Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- USB cable
- CTR recovery

Instructions:

1. Download the attached Kingroot.apk and send it to your phone's storage. If the kingroot.apk does not work for you , try the PC version you may have a better chance of rooting using that. Link here

2. Install kingroot and make sure there is a working internet connection.

3. Click on root and there you go. Root access for Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3(4).

4. Or if you already have a custom recovery you can flash Update-SuperSu.zip. SuperSu link here

Flashing Recovery:

1. Download and install Flashify or Rashr from Google Play.

2. Download the attached recovery.img and place on your sdcard( you should rename it the recovery to recovery.img).

3. Flash the recovery.img using Flashify or Rashr and enjoy.

Easier root method thanks to @erriezzans
Attached Files
File Type: apk NewKingrootV4.50.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.27 MB, 27992 views)
File Type: img CTRrecovery.img - [Click for QR Code] (5.33 MB, 23818 views)
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
5th September 2015, 10:32 AM |#3  
Flag City of life
Thanks Meter: 7

More
thanks for the recovery but theres some problem no custpack partition to mount not backup all files and i cant mount emmc.by the way bro ive found twrp that work with pixi 3.everthing works except mount usb storage.i will upload it later.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erriezzans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erriezzans Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 12:50 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erriezzans

thanks for the recovery but theres some problem no custpack partition to mount not backup all files and i cant mount emmc.by the way bro ive found twrp that work with pixi 3.everthing works except mount usb storage.i will upload it later.

I know that cwm isn't compatible with custpack but some prefer it. I have also ported CTR 3.3 recovery but touch doesn't work. I'll inbox it to you everything works except touch. I will try to fix later
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 03:56 AM |#5  
Flag City of life

More
Thanks bro
6th September 2015, 05:07 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice work bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to PillzP For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PillzP Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 01:25 PM |#7  

More
Without having much knowledge of custom recoveries, what are the advantages of doing this? Was looking at installing an open source OS on my Pixi, is this the way to go?
6th September 2015, 02:31 PM |#8  

More
Can't flash CWM. SP Flashtool gives me a message : "PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded". But Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader can't be installed on Windows 10.
6th September 2015, 07:15 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmgs

Without having much knowledge of custom recoveries, what are the advantages of doing this? Was looking at installing an open source OS on my Pixi, is this the way to go?

Advantages are you get to do a full backup of your system and files so you can restore them later if anything goes wrong with your phone. Also custom ROMs ._. Enough said . One disadvantage that you may want to consider though. You void warranty as you root.....and yes this is the way to go . First flash a recovery , backup your phone and try any custom ROM. But mind you, since you don't have much knowledge make sure you know what you are doing and the ROM you are flashing is for your phone. Goodluck
The Following User Says Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 07:21 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad21

Can't flash CWM. SP Flashtool gives me a message : "PMT changed for the ROM; it must be downloaded". But Driver_Windows_MTK_Preloader can't be installed on Windows 10.

Pmt changed for the ROM is an scatter error, nothing to do with the phone. What you should try is creating a new scatter file with mtk droid tools or placing the scattet file in a different location and try it from there .
The driver windows mtk preloader shouldnt be a problem since you are getting an error with sp flash tool means the preloader driver was already installed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirito9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kirito9 Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 10:34 PM |#11  
Flag City of life

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinbad21

bro,if u have problem with spflash tools(same like mine)then u can try to root ur phone without pc with kingroot/kingoroot app i dont remember which one it confused me then u can flash recovery with rashr.it works for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to erriezzans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erriezzans Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel root, pixi 3 4, pixi 3 4 alcatel bootloop stuck, pixi 3 8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)