Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3 Thread [ROOT][RECOVERY][ROMS]

Search This thread

hexter6060

Apr 9, 2019
For my modern

Hi kirito, i just wanna ask for my modern 4024E which version i pick? theres a custom rom for my modern thanks for help :D

BraianV

May 7, 2015
Moron
Hi. Is some custom rom available for tablet pixi3 10?
I alredy root it And it Also has twrp. I would like to tweak it a litle more. I installed seeder. Removed all bloatware and stoped almost all apps from starting at boot.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Hi. Is some custom rom available for tablet pixi3 10?
I alredy root it And it Also has twrp. I would like to tweak it a litle more. I installed seeder. Removed all bloatware and stoped almost all apps from starting at boot.

DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.
Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.

Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.0.2-0:

-Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
-Add Greek translation to some builds.

DOWNLOAD:
CLICK ME! or HERE
If twrp doesn't boot for some users use this one - twrp-new.

HOW TO FLASH:

@pelostiesos has provided a rar file that has everything you need. Run all your commands from that folder (unlocking bootloader and flashing twrp). Thank him too!!

UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER:

- Power on device and boot into Android.
- Connect the device to PC through cable
- Go to settings -> about tablet -> hit 7-8 times on "build number", congrats, you're now a developer!
- Go to settings -> developer options -> hit USB debugging and press OK on the popup window. If the connection is working, one more popup is going to appear asking you to allow the connection, Tick the box "always allow from this computer" and press OK.
- Open an adb terminal and check if the device is working properly typing "adb devices". The serial number of your device should appear, so everything is OK!
- Now, boot into fastboot typing "adb reboot-bootloader". The device is going to reboot and boot into fastboot mode, waiting for command.
- For the bootloader to be unlocked, you have to type "fastboot oem unlock". A warning message regarding bootloader unlocking should appear on the device, waiting for an answer. Press the volume+ key and the bootloader is now unlocked! WARNING! ALL DATA ON THE DEVICE IS GONNA BE WIPED, so backup your files before.
- Wait for the wiping of the device to be finished and then you're ready to install the twrp custom recovery!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.
If I want to confirm yes nothing happens.
https://www.gsmarena.com/alcatel_pixi_3_(10)-7548.php
https://eu.alcatelmobile.com/de/handys/tablets/pixi-3-10/

eaxdest

Apr 15, 2018
Kernel Source for Alcatel Pixi 3 10 Wifi

Hello, I already made a post about asking the alcatel staff about the kernel source and not succeeding in finding it. I haven't been tinkerin with my tablet for a few months now but I'm still curious if somebody was able to find the source code, and if so I really want to now how you got it :p

Matty1993

May 7, 2018
Hello, I already made a post about asking the alcatel staff about the kernel source and not succeeding in finding it. I haven't been tinkerin with my tablet for a few months now but I'm still curious if somebody was able to find the source code, and if so I really want to now how you got it :p

Good luck getting them to give it to you and if they do dont expect it to be complete your best best is to find a complete source for a similair model device with same hw etc ive done it many times before most mt6572 is all the same even some 6582 source can be made to work on 6572 your best bet is micromax very very similar to alcatel

victorsueiro

Apr 17, 2011
Hi, I have a couple of dumb questions: first, do I have to make the back up with SPFT or can I use TWRP? Second, my Pixi 3 is the (4) 4013E version, which I've only found CM12.1 as the highest android version available, there's a LineageOS 14 version for the (3.5) version and I was wondering if I could use that rom instead.
Anyway if anybody could answer this I would appreciate it.

Hi, I have a couple of dumb questions: first, do I have to make the back up with SPFT or can I use TWRP? Second, my Pixi 3 is the (4) 4013E version, which I've only found CM12.1 as the highest android version available, there's a LineageOS 14 version for the (3.5) version and I was wondering if I could use that rom instead.
Anyway if anybody could answer this I would appreciate it.
Use twrp, any version other then KitKat tends to have bugs and worser performance issues especially 14.1

hadess18

Jun 10, 2009
Hello everyone!
I've looked through the Pixi forum and at some point kirito9 was talking about trying to build a custom rom for the pixi 3 10" tablet. (8079 Model). Have you managed to do it kirito9?
Looking like crazy for one but had no luck so far

Thanks!

fsut

Feb 25, 2014
Budapest
Hi,

I'm looking for some help:
1. for my TWRP issue
I was able to install TWRP via adb, however I can barely use it.
I mean TWRP or the tablet itself detects my touchpoints absolutely wrongly, I need to touch 3 cm higher to use a feature at the bottom of the menu and so on.
- I installed 'twrp3.0.2-0-8079 .rar' on my OneTouch 3 - 10" tablet.

2. for my root issue, I'm looking for a way to root my 8079 (3-10" tablet)
So, upon this I can't root my tablet.
I tried to install Kingroot (downloaded from XDA, as kingroot.net is dead) but it can't root it.
I also tried to root it via Kingroot PC (English version, also from XDA) but at this time the PC application can't detect the tablet - says undetected.
- Debugging mode is enabled ofcourse, as I previously mentioend that I was able to install TWRP via adb.

Please someone give me some help :D

Daance

Feb 13, 2020
Hello, not sure if this is the right place but I "accidentally" deleted the Downloads & Download Manager apps from my 9005X Alcatel OneTouch Pixi 3 (8). What ways could I go about reinstalling system apps again?

V1liuss

Feb 19, 2020
Hello im having troble with installing twrp recovery to alcatel pixi 3 (4.5). Im using Sp flash tool to flash custom recovery to the phone but im getting error that not enough space (1011) and now the phone wont even boot but computer still manages to detect phone. What should i do to fix it?

sebmng

Mar 7, 2020
Will this works on 4G model too?

LIGHT STOCK ROM PIXI 3 (4.5) 3G

Features
  • Bloatware removed
  • Pre-rooted with SuperSU (No more Kinguser :p)
  • Odexed
  • Dual sim

Link
MEGA

ROM PATCH- Google Drive

Installation
  • Place the Pixi 3 (4.5) LIGHT STOCK.zip on your sdcard.
  • Boot into recovery using volume up + power buttons.
  • Wipe Data/Factory reset
  • Wipe Dalvik/ART cache
  • Wipe Cache
  • Optional Wipe System
  • Navigate using volume buttons to install zip.
  • Choose the Pixi 3 (4.5) LIGHT STOCK.zip and install it.

Hi there!

First at all, I'd like to thank you all. I'm not a dev nor anything related, but thanks to your forum I was able to recover two old mobiles that were about to be dumped :highfive:

Right now, I'm trying to flash my Pixi 3 4.5 4G, and I'd like to know If I can use this ROM, even when it is meant to work on the 3G model:

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65411999&postcount=800

Will something important get broken if I do so? Maybe is there a version of this ROM (or similar) made for the 4G model?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

sebmng

Mar 7, 2020
DISCLAIMER:
Rooting your phone and using custom Recoveries and ROM's have risks and may result in bricking your device, and has nothing to do with Google or the device manufacturers. In case of any mishap I am not responsible if you brick/ruin your phone in any way.
Basic computer skills are required and minimal knowledge about the phone and phone utilities also.

BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! ROM BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE

Requirements
  • You must be rooted.
  • You must have a custom recovery installed (CTR or TWRP)
  • You must have experience flashing but if not, feel free to ask questions before flashing.
  • Patience as the ROM takes a while to boot (3 mins)

Features
  • All Android Lollipop
  • All Cyanogenmod 12.1
  • Smooth
  • Root access with SuperSU (see below how to activate)

Working
  • SIM (5017D/X)
  • Wifi
  • Vibration
  • Bluetooth (replace lib in /system/lib/hw) (working on modded beta 1)
  • Sound (tested on 5017A)
  • Flashlight
  • Camera
  • Others should be working in modded beta 1

Not working
  • Video recording (should work in modded beta 1 for 5017X)
  • Sound recording (should work in modded beta 1 for 5017X)
  • GPS
  • SIM (5017A)
  • Others not tested

Bugs
  • You tell me...

Downloads

CM12.1 Beta 1- MEGA
CM12.1 Beta 1 [Modded]- Google Drive

Bluethooth fix- Dropbox or MEGA

Gapps- Opengapps (select arm, 5.1.1, nano)

SuperSU- UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Installation

• Place all files on your sdcard.
  • Wipe data/dactory reset, wipe cache, wipe system
  • Navigate using volume buttons or touch (TWRP) to install zip.
  • Choose the CM12.1 Pixi 3 (4.5) 4G BETA1 ROM and flash.
  • After flashing the ROM, flash the Gapps immediately after.
  • Reboot system and enjoy.

Root

-Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip after ROM boots.

Credits

- CyanogenMod
- @Chainfire
- @BlueFlame4
-OUKITEL K10000
- @Menroid - testing, screenshots, bluetooth fix, bug reports
- @kenny108 - testing and bug reports
- @tech mashido - Original thread
- varior1719 4pda.ru - For modded beta 1 which fixed most bugs.
@RATMIR1719 - for pointing me to the ROM :laugh:

Hi! Is there any way to make SIM works on 5017A? :(

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
You didn't understand me :) I have compiled the rom successfully with the prebuilt kernel. Just asking for a hw-compatible kernel source. So I can use the mt8127 source right?

It's better to use the code from alcatel for your kernel and not the common source. It won't boot without a lot of modifications.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KINDLY READ THIS FIRST POST BEFORE PROCEEDING TO DO ANYTHING TO YOUR PHONE. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS IF YOU DISREGARD THIS!!

I'll advise anyone thinking of modifying their phone to first make a backup with SmartPhoneFlashTool (SPFT).
    It's the best way to backup and restore your stock ROM (if you want OTA updates ;) ).
    You should make this backup before even rooting your phone. If you rooted, then unroot it and make the backup with SPFT.

Link to make a backup with SPFT- https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html

We're good? Sure we're good? Made your backup? Then proceed below to reap the benefits of rooting and custom ROMs.

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-3.5
    Root- Here or here
    Recovery- Here | TWRP 2.8.7.0 & TWRP 3.0
    ROMs- Here
    Mobile Upgrade Tool
    Remote phone on PC - Here - thanks to @LESHIY_ODESSA

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4 (3G MODEL)
    Root- Here or here
    ROMs- Here or Faustino's Blog
    Mobile Upgrade Tool

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 (3G MODEL)
    Root- Here or here
    ROMs- Here
    Mobile Upgrade Tool

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 (4G MODEL)
    Root- Here or here
    Recovery- Here | TWRP 3.0.0-0
    ROMs- Here | Here ROM tweaks
    Mobile Upgrade Tool
    Linux script to extract partition images from SPFT ROM_0 Readback credit to @kenny108

Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 (4G MODEL/MSM8909/5017B)
    Root- Kingroot (PC or apk will work)
    Recovery-
    ROMs- Stock images

Alcatel OT Pixi 3- 7/8/10 (Tablet)
    Root - Here and here
    Pixi 3 (8) TWRP- Here thanks to @dam85
    Pixi 3 (10) TWRP - Here | CTR 5.7

Useful Links
    Official FB support group (I recommend using chrome for translation because it's in spanish.)
    Mediatek Preloader Drivers (Win 7/8/8.1)
    Mediatek Preloader Drivers Win 10 32 & 64 bit
    ADB Driver
    ADB access anywhere
    MTK Droid Tools
    SP Flash Tool
    SP Flash Tool MOD (Gets rid of most errors)
    Generate scatter file
    Create backup with SPFT
    SP Flash Tool ROM Flashing Guide
    ROM Porting Guide -thanks to @1966zippy
    Fix bugs -thanks to @ZonaRMR
    Unbrick using write memory
    Backup IMEI/NVRAM with MTK Droid Tools
    Flash recovery using write memory

Kernel Source Code
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4 - Here
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 3G- Here
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 4G- Here

Device Tree
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-3.5 - Here
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4 3G - Here
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 3G - Here
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-4.5 4G - Here
    Alcatel OT Pixi 3-10 Wifi - Here

Custom Recovery Source Code
    TWRP Source Code -Here (6.0 Branch)
    CTR 3.3 Source Code -Here
    CTR 5.7 for Lollipop and Marshmallow ONLY Source Code -Here

Credits
    All the devs and modders and contributors..too much to mention :)
    ROMs Pixi 3 (3.5) (4) (4.5) (3G/4G)

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

ROMs list

Be careful how you use these SPFT ROMs.

SPFT Stock ROM- Pixi 3-3.5 (4009X) | Pixi 3-4 (4013D) | Pixi 3-4.5 (3G) (4027D) | Pixi 3-4.5 (4G) (5017X) | Pixi 3 10" (8079)

FULL Stock- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

Debloated Stock- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

Cyanogenmod 12.1- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5 | Pixi 3 (4.5) 4G

Galaxy S6 - Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

MysticOS V7- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

MIUI V7- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3 4.5

AOSP MATERIAL- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

AOSP- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

EXODUS 5.1- Pixi 3-3.5 | Pixi 3-4 | Pixi 3-4.5

Carbon ROM - Pixi 3-4.5 (4028)

CyanogenMOD 14.1 - Pixi 3 (4.5) 4G (5017)
    How to root and recovery Pixi 3 (4) 3G

Yesterday i ported a clockworkmod recovery from the Alcatel Pop D3 to this phone so root is now possible :laugh:.

DISCLAIMER:

Requirements:

- PC running Windows 7/8/8.1/10
    - USB cable
    - CTR recovery

Instructions:

1. Download the attached Kingroot.apk and send it to your phone's storage. If the kingroot.apk does not work for you , try the PC version you may have a better chance of rooting using that. Link here

2. Install kingroot and make sure there is a working internet connection.

3. Click on root and there you go. Root access for Alcatel One Touch Pixi 3(4). :D

4. Or if you already have a custom recovery you can flash Update-SuperSu.zip. :laugh: SuperSu link here

Flashing Recovery:

1. Download and install Flashify or Rashr from Google Play.

2. Download the attached recovery.img and place on your sdcard( you should rename it the recovery to recovery.img).

3. Flash the recovery.img using Flashify or Rashr and enjoy. :laugh:

Easier root method thanks to @erriezzans
    [Cyanogenmod 12.1 ][LP 5.1.1] Pixi 3 (3G MODEL)

Attention all Pixi 3(4) XDA members. CM12.1 LP is now available for download :laugh::laugh: It was ported by Getakgt1, Faustino L. Padill, klark231 (MT6572) and AL3XKOol for the base (MT6582). Erriezzans ported it to the Pixi 3 (4) and made it available for us. Thank him too. :cowboy:

ROM IS NOT STABLE. IT IS A BETA VERSION. DO NOT EXPECT EVERYTHING TO BE WORKING. SEE BELOW FOR WHAT'S WORKING AND WHAT'S NOT.

ANY BUGS PLEASE REPORT IN THREAD AND NO WHERE ELSE

Note: Other Pixi 3 models like the 4013X/4003A etc may have to replace their firmware folder located in /system/etc/firmware from stock ROM in the downloaded ROM. Flash the respective Kernel Patch for those experiencing a white screen and Alcatel logo.

This is purely Android 5.1 with Cyanogenmod features.

You can read more here at this blog here. This is the host site for All Pixi 3 (4) ROMs, soon other versions.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Requirements
    • BACKUP! BACKUP! BACKUP! ROM BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE
    • You must be rooted.
    • You must have a custom recovery installed (TWRP,CTR or Philz)
    • You must have experience flashing but if not, feel free to ask questions before flashing.
    • Patience as the ROM takes a while to boot
    • Backed up IMEI - See below

Backup and Restore IMEIs
    • Download and install Chamelephon app from the attached files below. THIS IS TO BE DONE ON STOCK ROM.
    • Enter *#06# in the phone dialer and copy both number(s) (IMEI 1 and IMEI 2) to a piece of paper or computer.
    • After flashing the ROM, install the Chamelephon app again and open it.
    • Enter the number(s) you wrote down before (IMEI number) and apply new IMEI(s).
    • Reboot your device.

Features
    • All Android Lollipop
    • All Cyanogenmod 12.1
    • Stable
    • Smooth
    • Root access with SuperSU
    • Everything works, no bugs. (for some models)
    • Bloatware removed
    • Camera enhanced 100%
    • Sounds excellent

Working
    • Data Connection
    • SMS
    • Calls
    • Wifi
    • GPS/A-GPS
    • Sound (on some models)
    • Sensors

Not working
    • Camera (for some models)
    • Vibration (for some models)

Bugs
    • Google account syncing
    • Video can only record QVGA
    • Front speaker not working (for some models)
    • Vibration not working (for some models)
    • Application delay (also with custom launcher)
    • Calls only work with speaker
    • Wifi probs
    • Gallery force close

Link to ROM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pixi 3-3.5
    CM 12.1*NEW

Kernel Patch *NEW
    MEGA

Resize Screen DPI to 160 (Flash in recovery)
    MEGA
    Pixi 3-4
    CM 12.1*NEW
    Pixi 3-4.5
    CM 12.1*NEW

Kernel Patch *NEW
    MEGA
    3G Connection Fix

Gapps
    Download

Installation

• Place all files on your sdcard respective to your device model.
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache.
    • Navigate using volume buttons to install zip.
    • Choose the CM12.1 ROM zip and flash.
    • After flashing the ROM, flash the Gapps immediately after.
    • Flash the 3G FIX after flashing Gapps.
    • Reboot system and enjoy.

EXTRA INFO *Recommended Reading*
    • Head to sound recorder, go to options and where it says file type, select one that's not the default.
    • For the apps that appear in the application drawer, go to all applications and force close Trebuchet. If it is too tedious, install a new launcher.

Big Thanks to:
    CREDITS:
    Cyanogenmod Team
    OMNI Team: (specially XpLoDWilD and Dr-Shadow).
    @fire855: For first bootable CM12.1.
    @DerTeufel1980: For GPS and SN inject.
    @axet: For his device tree base.
    @chrmhoffmann: For his RIL base.
    @mr-illusionist: For some help about mtk blobs.
    @ariafan: For help in several ways.
    @Santhosh M: For some help to boot my first build.
    @Al3XKOoL: His rom is the one i crossported
    @klark231 : For porting to MT6572
    @Faustino L. Padilla: Porting kernel, ramdisk, modify, edit, develop, test and fix any major bugs in the ROM. :highfive:
    @Gabriel Xtrem: For provide support to this forum and its devices.

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CYANOGENMOD

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-02-02
    Stock ROM Pixi 3(4) KK (3G MODEL)

I know this thread hasn't been uploading much concerning ROMS but i'm busy with other stuff. I hope this phone will get some developers who can port ROMS. :D

Anyhow I found a link to the Stock ROM for this phone and everything works. It is fluid also :laugh: Flash using CTR recovery. I will try to get some screenshots with the Rom.

Features

- Pre-rooted
    - Odexed
    - Removed Bloatware and other apps
    - 4.4.2 Kitkat

Link Stock ROM

MEGA

Google Drive

Installation

- Wipe Data/Factory reset
    - Wipe Dalvik/ART cache
    - Wipe Cache
    - Optional Wipe System

Screenshots

0KhTO27.png

P9brz1s.png

StLhyL8.png

FyO8BSo.png

CTR Recovery

Here

Note: Touch for CTR does not work but everything else does. Use volume keys and power button to navigate