[W/O Root] [5.0] Enable Google Assistant on Lollipop!

Were you able to Enable Google Assistant?

• Yeah☺

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Nope?

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Nikhilkumar038

May 15, 2016
yes
Hi all:D

I was just launching some activities from the Nova Launcher through which I accidentally opened the Google Assistant! With Lollipop! On a tablet!

Without much wait, Let's start:)

Pre-Requistites-
Latest Google App(Mine was 7.3.18.21)
An Android Lollipop or Lollipop+ Device
Nova Launcher
A Working Brain:p

Let's Go!

• Open Nova Launcher
  • Long-Press on Home Screen
  • Select Widgets
  • Click on Activities
  • Scroll Down till you find Google App and Click on it
  • Scroll down and select com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.opa.hq.OpaHqActivity
  • A Google Assistant icon will appear on your screen, click on it
  • Click on Your Stuff
  • Click on add reminder and then close it
  • Open Google App, open menu, and then Settings
  • There you should see Google Assistant
  • Your turn, teach the Assistant your voice and start playing with it:cool:

Do not even try to post a "Thanks". Press :good: button if you want to say thanks, it really helps a lot!

Re-posting at any other site without my permission is denied

Credits-Me, Who else?

UPDATE
Google App's June 28th update(7.6.9 Beta) just removed the Your Stuff screen. Users who already enabled Assistant by this method have this screen. Other users with latest Google App can't enable Google Assistant by using this method. I recommend downgrading to Google App v7.3, enabling Assistant from the above method and then upgrading to latest one.

UPDATE 2
Google App 7.10 update doesn't let people use Google Assistant if they don't meet the requirements, >1.5 Gb of memory and 720p or higher screen resolution.
There's a workaround, to use Google App v7.8 till there's another workaround :silly:. I need someone to test this out as I have 2GB RAM.

UPDATE 3
Google comes to the rescue and Google Assistant is now available on devices with Android 5.0 and above!Just make sure you meet all the requirements and you're good to go.

UPDATE 4
Got Assistant working, with 7.1.2, and 1 GB RAM! Google website still states 1.5 GB RAM as a requirement. So just test, and report it here.

Last edited:

Nikhilkumar038

May 15, 2016
yes
Frequently Added Questions

When I open the Your Stuff tab, it is empty.
Change language to English(US) and clear the cache of Google App.(Credits to @Ezekiel3)

How can I use Assistant by long-pressing the home button?
Check out this awesome app by @Jovic77 here.

When I launch the activity, it just flashes for a second and goes away.
Clear data of Google App and Play Services, and then launch the activity.

I can't see Your Stuff tab.
Downgrade to Google App v7.3 from sources such as APK Mirror. You can upgrade to latest one after enabling Google Assistant.
EditNow you can't. Only those meeting the requirements will get Assistant.

Last edited:

zainchuu

May 27, 2017
Not working on android 5.1.1 with latest google beta app :( tried everything but still facing the blank page issue on "yoir stuff" so cant add reminder or anything to trigger assistant

zainchuu

May 27, 2017
Still blank

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-31-14-33-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-31-14-33-39.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,239

zainchuu

May 27, 2017
Follow these steps-
1.Clear the data of Google App
2.Open the Google app, and set up Voice Recognition
3.Go to home, say Ok Google and save a reminder, say ,Test
4.Then follow the method at the 1st post

Hope this helps...
Thanks for your response but i guess its not gonna work for me :( i have tried every as you told me to do, but still same issue , blank page on your stuff

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
When I was testing this out, I came across the blank screen issue once after it had already worked. I don't remember what I did to fix it, but after a reboot and clearing the app data...eventually it just started showing up again.

zainchuu

May 27, 2017
Follow these steps-
1.Clear the data of Google App
2.Open the Google app, and set up Voice Recognition
3.Go to home, say Ok Google and save a reminder, say ,Test
4.Then follow the method at the 1st post

Hope this helps...
Thanks for your response but i guess its not gonna work for me :( i have tried every as you told me to do, but still same issue , blank page on your stuff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:D

I was just launching some activities from the Nova Launcher through which I accidentally opened the Google Assistant! With Lollipop! On a tablet!

Without much wait, Let's start:)

Pre-Requistites-
    Latest Google App(Mine was 7.3.18.21)
    An Android Lollipop or Lollipop+ Device
    Nova Launcher
    A Working Brain:p

Let's Go!

• Open Nova Launcher
    • Long-Press on Home Screen
    • Select Widgets
    • Click on Activities
    • Scroll Down till you find Google App and Click on it
    • Scroll down and select com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.opa.hq.OpaHqActivity
    • A Google Assistant icon will appear on your screen, click on it
    • Click on Your Stuff
    • Click on add reminder and then close it
    • Open Google App, open menu, and then Settings
    • There you should see Google Assistant
    • Your turn, teach the Assistant your voice and start playing with it:cool:

Do not even try to post a "Thanks". Press :good: button if you want to say thanks, it really helps a lot!

Re-posting at any other site without my permission is denied

Credits-Me, Who else?

UPDATE
    Google App's June 28th update(7.6.9 Beta) just removed the Your Stuff screen. Users who already enabled Assistant by this method have this screen. Other users with latest Google App can't enable Google Assistant by using this method. I recommend downgrading to Google App v7.3, enabling Assistant from the above method and then upgrading to latest one.

UPDATE 2
    Google App 7.10 update doesn't let people use Google Assistant if they don't meet the requirements, >1.5 Gb of memory and 720p or higher screen resolution.
    There's a workaround, to use Google App v7.8 till there's another workaround :silly:. I need someone to test this out as I have 2GB RAM.

UPDATE 3
    Google comes to the rescue and Google Assistant is now available on devices with Android 5.0 and above!Just make sure you meet all the requirements and you're good to go.

UPDATE 4
    Got Assistant working, with 7.1.2, and 1 GB RAM! Google website still states 1.5 GB RAM as a requirement. So just test, and report it here.
    Frequently Added Questions

When I open the Your Stuff tab, it is empty.
    Change language to English(US) and clear the cache of Google App.(Credits to @Ezekiel3)

How can I use Assistant by long-pressing the home button?
    Check out this awesome app by @Jovic77 here.

When I launch the activity, it just flashes for a second and goes away.
    Clear data of Google App and Play Services, and then launch the activity.

I can't see Your Stuff tab.
    Downgrade to Google App v7.3 from sources such as APK Mirror. You can upgrade to latest one after enabling Google Assistant.
    EditNow you can't. Only those meeting the requirements will get Assistant.
    i need to touch on icon to use. otherwise google assistant wont start. its not starting with "ok google". to every time i need to touch on icon. although OK Google detection turned on.
    This guide has nothing to do with OK Google. Make sure it was working before using this method.
    Try manually downgrading to Google App v7.3, clearing data of Google App and Play Services, and enabling if again.
    For people who do not see the "Your Stuff" tab

(Tested on Android Lollipop 5.0.2 with the Google app version 7.8.21.22.x86)
    For people who do not see the "Your Stuff" tab, here is the method to activate Google Assistant without adding a reminder:

Step 1: Change the language of the device to English (USA or UK) or German (I tested only on English USA)

Step 2: You must have at least 2 Google accounts on your device, if not, add one

Step 3: Launch Google Assistant with Nova Launcher or Activity Launcher (or Google Assistant Launcher)

Step 4: Click on the 3 points at the top right of the screen

Step 5: Click on "Account" then choose another account

Step 6: Enjoy Google Assistant !!!

As a user mentioned in the comments on my article, try changing your language to U.S. (English) and see if that works.