I was just launching some activities from the Nova Launcher through which I accidentally opened the Google Assistant! With Lollipop! On a tablet!
Without much wait, Let's start
Latest Google App(Mine was 188.8.131.52)
An Android Lollipop or Lollipop+ Device
A Working Brain
- Open Nova Launcher
- Long-Press on Home Screen
- Select Widgets
- Click on Activities
- Scroll Down till you find Google App and Click on it
- Scroll down and select com.google.android.apps.gsa.staticplugins.opa.hq.O paHqActivity
- A Google Assistant icon will appear on your screen, click on it
- Click on Your Stuff
- Click on add reminder and then close it
- Open Google App, open menu, and then Settings
- There you should see Google Assistant
- Your turn, teach the Assistant your voice and start playing with it
Do not even try to post a "Thanks". Press button if you want to say thanks, it really helps a lot!
Re-posting at any other site without my permission is denied
Credits-Me, Who else?
Google App's June 28th update(7.6.9 Beta) just removed the Your Stuff screen. Users who already enabled Assistant by this method have this screen. Other users with latest Google App can't enable Google Assistant by using this method. I recommend downgrading to Google App v7.3, enabling Assistant from the above method and then upgrading to latest one.
Google App 7.10 update doesn't let people use Google Assistant if they don't meet the requirements, >1.5 Gb of memory and 720p or higher screen resolution.
There's a workaround, to use Google App v7.8 till there's another workaround . I need someone to test this out as I have 2GB RAM.
Google comes to the rescue and Google Assistant is now available on devices with Android 5.0 and above! It may not be available on tablets with LL, though.