*Your warranty is now void. *I'm not responsible for your device. Rooting *process has risks but will always be successful *if you follow the instructions properly. *YOU are choosing to make these modifications, *and if you point the finger at me for messing up *your device, I will laugh at you.
Rooting with PC requires you to either flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on your phone and then boot into the recovery and flash your root.zip file (or) by simply connecting your phone to your PC and let the rooting program do everything for you in one click or maybe two . Rooting without PC is a simple android app that roots your phone in a click.
1) ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES, SMS, CALL LOGS ETC.
2) YOU NEED AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR ANY FLASHING! SOME GUYS SIMPLY ROOT WITHOUT UNLOCKING THEIR DEVICE BOOTLOADER. SO IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG NOTHING CAN BE DONE.
3) YOU CAN TRY WHICH EVER METHOD YOU WANT TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE BUT I WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND YOU TO FIRST TRY THE ANDROID ROOTING APPS FOR YOUR PHONE BEFORE GOING TO PC STAGE.
1) Access all files of your mobile which are present in the root directory of your storage or else by giving root permissions, you can Edit or Delete any system file.
2) Increase your mobile performance by over clocking, by changing the frequency of CPU using 3rd party applications or by simply installing a custom kernel already developed for your device.
3) Increase battery life by under clocking CPU of your device.
4) Installing Custom ROMS which will change the entire looks as well as performance of your device.
5) Internal Memory can be increased which means more room for your apps.
6) Finally, Truly Own your Device, Make it appear in the way you want.
1) Your phone might hard brick. The process of rooting android mobile is very risky and has to be carried out with extreme caution. Any wrong step in rooting can cause your phone to hard-brick.
2) There may be data loss while rooting your mobile. However this is only with those phones which require their bootloader to be unlocked.
3) Warranty of your android mobile can be lost when you root it. This is one of main reason why most decide to keep their android phone unrooted as they cannot take risks with warranty of their mobiles but you can still unroot anytime to get your warranty back as some apps listed below provides unroot. For samsung users, your knox warranty will get triggered if you do any sort of flashing. Using the mobile rooting applications is quite safe if you dont want to destroy your warranty.
Pressing the thanks button will hardly take a second. Your thanks encourages and motivates me.
Lets start with the actual process
1) Download root app apk from the given link and install.
2) If you get a pop-up saying installation is blocked, then Click on Settings and tick on Unknown Sources.
3) After opening the app, click on root button or the respective button in the app.
4) Wait till the root process completes. It may take a while so sit back and relax. Once done some apps may prompt you to reboot so click on it.
I have listed the most common apps which can root your device easily. However if i have missed any app then please mention it in the comments so that i can add it in the list
This is the no.1 rated app when we talk about rooting a phone without PC. It is still the best APK ever to root any mobile without PC/Computer. This app has rooted thousands of devices which support its exploits. Most of the exploits of Framaroot are created for MediaTek chipset android phones. Select supersu or superuser and then select any exploit you like. If one exploit fails try another. If you used all the exploits then try another root app.
2) CF Auto Root
This app by Chainfire can root any samsung smartphones without pc easily. This app not only comes as an apk but also as a ODIN flashable .tar.md5 package.
Here is the full repository of supported devices download
This is one my favourite rooting app. This app has the potential to root any android phone. Kingroot is a well known Root tool which is known for its security and speed. Kingroot has successfully achieved one-click Root for Nexus 9 (WIFI version) and Nexus 5X with the latest Android 7.0 or Android N.
4) Z4 Root
This app is one of the oldest apps to root android without computer without any risk of hard brick of android mobile. If you own an android phone from a good brand like HTC, Sony, Motorola and Samsung, then this APK can root your device. This app has success rate of 99% on all devices of Samsung Galaxy S series. This application is developed by one of our fellow member at XDA . If you have the android mobile from the company xolo, lava, micromax, spice then you must try this root android without pc application.
5) Towel Root:
This application is developed by Geohot to root android phone without pc easily. It successfully rooted Verizon Galaxy S5, AT&T GS5, Nexus 5, GS4, Note 3 and lots of Latest Android mobile devices.
6) Root Master:
This was the first english apk which rooted a device succesfully. If you have tried above method to root your android smartphone and got no success, then I recommend you to use this method.
7) Universal Androot:
This is simple app that could easily help in rooting the Android phone with the simple downloading and installing without the use of the PC. It is so far an easy and working methods to root very old android device without computer.
8) Baidu Root:
As per their website, baidu root have rooted more than 6000 devices till now. They have their own SU permission app.
This software is developed by Mgyun team who had also released vRoot before. This iRoot application support any android mobile or smartphone. It supports Android 2.2 to 4.4 running devices to root it without the use of computer. It supports more than 150000 models with various brand names. iRoot uses the most advanced rooting technique which give 95% success rate. You can just root or unroot your android device in just one single click.
Good rooting app. It perfectly covers Android 1.5 to 5.0 mainstream models from different manufacturers including Samsung, Google, HTC, Sony and else.
If none works then go for PC rooting techniques given below (I am sure you will have your device rooted using the above procedures). All the below programs are very easy to use. In case you don't know how to use then please refer the respective instruction page given on the program website.
Enable USB Debugging Mode FIRST
To enable USB debugging . Go to Settings > Developer Option > USB debugging > Tick to Enable. Developer Option is Hidden for Android 4.2.2 & Above, to show this option Go to Settings > About phone > Built Number ( Tap on it 7 times until it shows you are now a Developer.)
1) Kingo Root
Kingo ROOT is One – Click Root Designed to work on Windows Computer . It helps to root any Android Smartphones in single click which has a success rate of 80-90%. This is the best Android rooting software through PC available in market. This is the only one click root app which has tones of developers working on it to bring improvements and to increase the device limit in every update which are released frequently.
Success Rate : 92-98%
Precaution : If you are using any Antivirus Application on your Computer, then disable it first then follow the tutorial.
Always reliable and has 95-96% success rate in rooting the higher android version devices.
Vroot’s goal is providing the excellent and simplest experience for all android users. The newest version of Vroot have supported for more than 8000 kinds of Android devices. It is more effective, easier and faster than you can imagine.
Success Rate: 70-75%
4) Root Genius
Root genius is the best & easy-to-use rooting software with high success rate with Mediatek devices. Root Genius is a Windows Application.
5) Unlock Root
Unlock Root roots and unlocks the boot-loader of various android devices. They have their own way of rooting and unlocking. To use this method for you to root your phone, they have their guides provided on each android device.
I know there are some more programs available to root android devices but these are confirmed working. By now you would surely be having root access. If not and you used some other method to root then send me the link so that i can update this thread. To check whether you have root access or not download rootchecker app from here http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/qghHr9UD/file.html
1) Download the custom recovery for your device. It will be either recovery.tar.md5 for samsung users or recovery.img for fastboot users.
2) Flash with ODIN or fastboot.
Fastboot command used:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
3) Now you have a working recovery installed on your device. Next step is to download the flashable rooting zip file. I will recommend SuperSu always. Download from supersu.zip from https://download.chainfire.eu/1001/S...0905010000.zip
4) Navigate to the location where you have downloaded the .zip file and flash via recovery.
What Is Bricked Android Phone and Tablet
Before getting to the guide of unbricking your Android phone and tablet, try to know the 2 types of Android brick device, soft bricked one and hard bricked one.
Soft bricked device - It can still boot into recovery mode or be stuck on the logo. And you have big chance to unbrick it just by flashing a stock ROM or flashing a recovery file.
Hard bricked device - Just like it's name, your device is dead. It behaves like a real brick. You can have no operation on pressing the power button. Thus hard bricked devices cannot be recovered as they are just dead.
If your device is soft-bricked, it may:
1) Keeps Rebooting;
2) Be unable to boot;
3) Boots Straight Into Recovery;
4) Boots Straight Into its Bootloader;
5) Freeze at the start up screen;
Your device is stuck in boot loop, that is your device keeps rebooting when you are flashing a new ROM and you forgot to wipe all the data of the previous ROM, and your device boots every time with some error and hence will keep rebooting. I would always try the classical method of removing the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in, enter recovery, clear cache and reboot. It always worked for me. In case it doesnt work for you then follow these steps:
Go to recovery mode – press volume up + home screen button + power button does it.
Scroll down to “Advanced”.
Choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache” option.
Return to the main screen.
Choose “Wipe Cache Partition”.
Choose “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” to delete all your settings and apps, using the correct ROM.
Reboot your device.
RECOVERY BOOTLOOP FIX:
OPTION 1: I have taken a samsung device into consideration here. For others you have to use fastboot for flashing the respective files.
Run Odin using an administrator account on your Windows PC.
Switch off your device, go to download mode (volume plus + home screen button + power button ), then press volume up to continue and connect to your PC. When Odin recognizes your device, click PDA option and navigate to the recovery.tar file where you have downloaded it. Select recovery file and hit START. The flashing process will complete and Odin will show a PASS button with green background, your device will be rebooted.
If the above method doesn't solve your problem then you have no option but to flash the official stock firmware either using odin or fastboot which may result in apps and data loss in some cases.
BOOTS STRAIGHT INTO ITS BOOTLOADER; FREEZE AT START UP SCREEN FIX:
Simply flash the stock firmware.
If you can enter download mode or fastboot mode then you are good to go. Simply flash the firmware. If it doesn't boot at all then i am sorry, you have hard bricked your device.
I hope my thread has helped you out. I would recommend you to try KIngRoot first (both PC and W/O PC).
Credits: To all the developers of the Apps.