Root Qiku Q Terra 808 (CP8692_I02), unlock bootloader & flash TWRP recovery

Search This thread

Zauq

Mar 25, 2014
Hello Friends:cowboy:,

At last I figured out how to unlock bootloader, root & flash TWRP recovery !!

To achieve the above you should have some basic knowledge of adb, fastboot & flashing.

The usual warning... Try the following on your own risk, don't blame me if your device is dead, burnt or you lose your job because your boss couldn't contact you on your dead cell phone :laugh:.

Lets Begin !!

1) Download & install ADB-setup and Qiku Download Assistant.

2) Go to bootloader, switch off your phone and press and hold volume up button while connecting usb cable. When you see bootloader press volume up again to enter fastboot mode.

3) Go to device manager and you should see “Android or unknown” with a yellow exclamation mark under “other device”. You have to manually install fastboot driver here, just google it how to do it. You to have
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qiku\adb and select QK_ANDROID_ADB to install drivers.

4) Unzip the firmwares zip files.

5) Now to unlock bootloader we have flash the following firmware 6.0.018.P2.160720.QK8692.CPD but we have to force close Qiku flashing tool when flashing is at 1-2%. To do that open task manager on your pc before flashing and end Qiku flashing when the flashing is 1-2%.

6) Disconnect phone from pc and reconnect while pressing & holding volume up if you see completely black display it means now you have unlocked bootloader. Always refer to the device manager in your pc if your device is in fastboot mode as you would not see anything on the device display once you flashed the above mentioned firmware.

7) Go to the folder where you have the TWRP custom recovery. While in the folder press shift and right click and select “open command prompt here” from the menu. Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF flash recovery Qiku-TWRP-recovery.img” without quotes and paste in the cmd and enter.

8) Once Qiku TWRP recovery is flashed successfully lets boot the same from bootloader. While in the folder press shift and right click and select “open command prompt here” from the menu. Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF boot Qiku-TWRP-recovery.img” without quotes. Your device should boot in TWRP recovery.

9) In the TWRP recovery on your phone go to advance and select adb sideload and start the same.

10) Go to the folder where you have the SuperSu.zip and open command prompt here. Copy “adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip” paste in the cmd and enter, without quotes.

11) Now if you wish to lock bootloader again then select reboot option in the recovery and select bootloader. Go to the folder where you have the emmc_appsboot.mbn file and open command prompt here. Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn” without quotes and paste in the cmd and enter. This will lock the bootloader and you can always unlock the bootloader by following above mentioned instructions.

13) Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF reboot” in cmd and enter. This should reboot you phone.

14) If everything went well you should see supersu app in the phone. You can also check by an app called root checker from play store if you have successfully rooted your device.

When you have the unlocked bootlader there would be no display when you're in fastboot mode hence you have to check in device manager to ensure that the device is fastboot mode. Plus while booting or rebooting there would not be any boot animation but only the boot sound. This is due to the unlock bootloader.

Contents of the download link :

A) Stock firmware for the device v21. incase you have trouble and wish to flash stock firmware.
B) Firmware to unlock bootloader 6.0.018.P2.160720.QK8692.CPD.
C) 8692_I02 individual .img of stock.
D) adb-setup for adb & fastboot drivers
E) Stock aboot .img to lock bootloader.
G) Qiku download assistant.
E) Qiku TWRP recovery
F) SuperSu.zip.

Download link -- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwy9M10qfmJLNElFemQwTTFXcTQ

Upgrade to the latest 360 OS, Android 6.0.1 and also activate VoLTE - https://xdaforums.com/android/general/upgrade-qiku-cp8692i02-to-6-0-1-t3529352

Have fun :good::good:

Last edited:

Zauq

Mar 25, 2014
I want to change CP8692_I02 to CP8692, because i want up firmware android 6 Chinese Version

You can change the same in buid.prop once you're rooted however you would not just be able to flash and boot Andoird 6 Chinese firmware on your device. I have tried the same but it does not work;).

Zauq

Mar 25, 2014
Thanks! It's interesting method, but a little bit risky.

Not at all if you ask me as I have been playing with my device for past 8 months or so. I did hard brick my device at several occasions but was always be able to recover it. During those hard brick the device goes into fastboot mode on it's own or one can press and hold power key & volume up to force the device to go into fastboot mode which it always does.

To recover the device from hard brick it needs to be in fastboot mode whether locked bootloader or unlocked bootloader. If the bootloader is locked then the official tool can flash the stock firmware and boom:cool:... The device will be Alive again. Incase of unlocked bootloader it's just the matter of flashing the firmware .imgs through fastboot mode:good: or if you've taken backup in TWRP then just boot TWRP and restore your device.

One warning though... Do not try to flash any other OEM's firmware as I am not sure what would be the outcome as I have only tried our device OEM's firmware. Yes can try porting other custom rom to our device as it only involves flashing system.

Last edited:

yogesh1970

Nov 28, 2013
hello Zauq please help me
i have screwed modem.img of my qiku q terra .
i am able to write imei back but no signal because of screwed baseband.
i just flashed the baseband of moto x pure edition to enhance the lte signal and all this **** happens.
however i have backuped the modem 1 and modem 2 .img files via partion backup and restore . but forgot to backup modem.img

please provide me modem.img from your qiku phone so i can restore my signal
please :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
thanks

yogesh1970

Nov 28, 2013
Zauq said:
yogesh1970 said:
hello Zauq please help me
i have screwed modem.img of my qiku q terra .
i am able to write imei back but no signal because of screwed baseband.
i just flashed the baseband of moto x pure edition to enhance the lte signal and all this **** happens.
however i have backuped the modem 1 and modem 2 .img files via partion backup and restore . but forgot to backup modem.img

please provide me modem.img from your qiku phone so i can restore my signal
please :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:
thanks

I had backed up the modem using Flashfire app and I have uploaded the same. Check the given link in the original post, there is a new folder by Modem name.

hello Zauq thanks for ur reply. i flashed all the modem files but so signal
only u in this world can give breathe to my qiku
can you please give me QPST qcn backup made from qiku
it will repair my nvram files

please help
here is some info

download these driver
http://www.androidbrick.com/download/qualcomm_diag_qd_loader_2016_qfil_driver/
and install QPST
http://www.androidbrick.com/download/qpst-2-7-430-latest-qfil-qualcomm-flasher/

1 Enable Usb Debugging .
go adb fast boot and type

adb shell
2 Then
su
3Give Root Permission In Your Device . then type
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
This Comand Will Open DIAG COM Port

then go device manager under port tab there is qualcomm diagnostic port
then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QPSTConfig
there u see ur port
uder start client
go to soft download
than backup tab
backup ur qcn

please give me that file:(:(:(:(:(:(

it will fix my nvram files and give me signal
my 20k depends on ur qcn backup
thanks

Last edited:

Zauq

Mar 25, 2014
hello Zauq thanks for ur reply. i flashed all the modem files but so signal
only u in this world can give breathe to my qiku
can you please give me QPST qcn backup made from qiku
it will repair my nvram files

please help
here is some info

download these driver
http://www.androidbrick.com/download/qualcomm_diag_qd_loader_2016_qfil_driver/
and install QPST
http://www.androidbrick.com/download/qpst-2-7-430-latest-qfil-qualcomm-flasher/

1 Enable Usb Debugging .
go adb fast boot and type

adb shell
2 Then
su
3Give Root Permission In Your Device . then type
setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
This Comand Will Open DIAG COM Port

then go device manager under port tab there is qualcomm diagnostic port
then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\QPSTConfig
there u see ur port
uder start client
go to soft download
than backup tab
backup ur qcn

please give me that file:(:(:(:(:(:(

it will fix my nvram files and give me signal
my 20k depends on ur qcn backup
thanks

I would love to help you but I hard bricked my device about 2 days ago while playing with emmc_appsboot.mbn :eek::eek::eek::eek: . As you know to recover the device we need rawprogarm0.xml, patch0.xml etc and the stock rom doesn't contain any of the said files.

Fortunately, I am in touch with another Qiku user and I have already written to him about your requirement. I have also requested to him to respond to you on the xda forum itself. Let's wait for his response.

Besides, I was wondering if you know any ways to get the rawprogram0.xml, patch0.xml etc from a working Qiku for recovering my hard bricked device?? or any other method which can help?. Can Qdart tool help in anyway??.

I have searched Qiku Chinese forum but unable to find the required files.

Any help would be much appreciated :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed: !!

Last edited:

cuongvietnam

Dec 1, 2016
Help me with my hard brick phone qiku terra china version

I would love to help you but I hard bricked my device about 2 days ago while playing with emmc_appsboot.mbn :eek::eek::eek::eek: . As you know to recover the device we need rawprogarm0.xml, patch0.xml etc and the stock rom doesn't contain any of the said files.

Fortunately, I am in touch with another Qiku user and I have already written to him about your requirement. I have also requested to him to respond to you on the xda forum itself. Let's wait for his response.

Besides, I was wondering if you know any ways to get the rawprogram0.xml, patch0.xml etc from a working Qiku for recovering my hard bricked device?? or any other method which can help?. Can Qdart tool help in anyway??.

I have searched Qiku Chinese forum but unable to find the required files.

Any help would be much appreciated :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed: !!

Help! l have qiku terra china after flash qk8692_l02 rom it is boot normal but l reflash to china qk8692_m02 so it not boot, black sreen, no led, only fastboot work. Help me !

Zauq

Mar 25, 2014
Help! l have qiku terra china after flash qk8692_l02 rom it is boot normal but l reflash to china qk8692_m02 so it not boot, black sreen, no led, only fastboot work. Help me !

You mean you had a device QK8692_M02 and you flashed QK8692_I02 and booted normally but when you tried to go back to your QK8692_M02 it hard bricked??

Well my friend I am afraid but now you need to reflash QK8692_I02 to use the device and you might not be able to go back to your Chinese OS now. There was a similar case where this gentleman from Russia did the same thing to his Chinese Qiku device and he was not able to go back to Chinese OS now. There is something with the QK8692_I02 OS I guess.

I was able to boot v109 of Chinese OS on my QK8692_I02 and the v109 rom & the instructions are there on the given download link. I was in process of being able to use Chinese OS on my QK8692_I02 when I hard bricked my device ;);). Now I need emmc image of Qiku to unbrick it and then I can continue my research and might be able to give solutions to the issue.

Let me know if you could get me that emmc image it would be just 200-300 mb file and the same you can upload it on google drive.

cuongvietnam

Dec 1, 2016
You mean you had a device QK8692_M02 and you flashed QK8692_I02 and booted normally but when you tried to go back to your QK8692_M02 it hard bricked??

Well my friend I am afraid but now you need to reflash QK8692_I02 to use the device and you might not be able to go back to your Chinese OS now. There was a similar case where this gentleman from Russia did the same thing to his Chinese Qiku device and he was not able to go back to Chinese OS now. There is something with the QK8692_I02 OS I guess.

I was able to boot v109 of Chinese OS on my QK8692_I02 and the v109 rom & the instructions are there on the given download link. I was in process of being able to use Chinese OS on my QK8692_I02 when I hard bricked my device ;);). Now I need emmc image of Qiku to unbrick it and then I can continue my research and might be able to give solutions to the issue.

Let me know if you could get me that emmc image it would be just 200-300 mb file and the same you can upload it on google drive.

Hi my friend! After l flash emmc in your folder it reboot to 360 company then load fastboot. l use qiku tool to flash stock rom but after complete it no boot sreen only black when plug in laptop it is bootloader coolpad driver. l can flash qk8692_m02 and qk8692_i02 but it not boot to logo and system! How to get it boot system ? Thank you!

yogesh1970

Nov 28, 2013
thanks shubham cuongvietnam give me that file signal restored ok . but qiku models no gives full speed on gio networks where as RN3 pro is giving full
qiku 70 kbps
RN3 nd other models i tired 3 MBPS
any solution ??

cuongvietnam

Dec 1, 2016
thanks shubham cuongvietnam give me that file signal restored ok . but qiku models no gives full speed on gio networks where as RN3 pro is giving full
qiku 70 kbps
RN3 nd other models i tired 3 MBPS
any solution ??

Yes! You can use follow method:
1. Create a new APN
2. If you see on network icon is E not 3G that not support my EFS model(8692_m02) for you. So you can try a qcn file from same model.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Friends:cowboy:,

At last I figured out how to unlock bootloader, root & flash TWRP recovery !!

To achieve the above you should have some basic knowledge of adb, fastboot & flashing.

The usual warning... Try the following on your own risk, don't blame me if your device is dead, burnt or you lose your job because your boss couldn't contact you on your dead cell phone :laugh:.

Lets Begin !!

1) Download & install ADB-setup and Qiku Download Assistant.

2) Go to bootloader, switch off your phone and press and hold volume up button while connecting usb cable. When you see bootloader press volume up again to enter fastboot mode.

3) Go to device manager and you should see “Android or unknown” with a yellow exclamation mark under “other device”. You have to manually install fastboot driver here, just google it how to do it. You to have
    go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Qiku\adb and select QK_ANDROID_ADB to install drivers.

4) Unzip the firmwares zip files.

5) Now to unlock bootloader we have flash the following firmware 6.0.018.P2.160720.QK8692.CPD but we have to force close Qiku flashing tool when flashing is at 1-2%. To do that open task manager on your pc before flashing and end Qiku flashing when the flashing is 1-2%.

6) Disconnect phone from pc and reconnect while pressing & holding volume up if you see completely black display it means now you have unlocked bootloader. Always refer to the device manager in your pc if your device is in fastboot mode as you would not see anything on the device display once you flashed the above mentioned firmware.

7) Go to the folder where you have the TWRP custom recovery. While in the folder press shift and right click and select “open command prompt here” from the menu. Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF flash recovery Qiku-TWRP-recovery.img” without quotes and paste in the cmd and enter.

8) Once Qiku TWRP recovery is flashed successfully lets boot the same from bootloader. While in the folder press shift and right click and select “open command prompt here” from the menu. Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF boot Qiku-TWRP-recovery.img” without quotes. Your device should boot in TWRP recovery.

9) In the TWRP recovery on your phone go to advance and select adb sideload and start the same.

10) Go to the folder where you have the SuperSu.zip and open command prompt here. Copy “adb sideload UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip” paste in the cmd and enter, without quotes.

11) Now if you wish to lock bootloader again then select reboot option in the recovery and select bootloader. Go to the folder where you have the emmc_appsboot.mbn file and open command prompt here. Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF flash aboot emmc_appsboot.mbn” without quotes and paste in the cmd and enter. This will lock the bootloader and you can always unlock the bootloader by following above mentioned instructions.

13) Copy “fastboot -i 0x1EBF reboot” in cmd and enter. This should reboot you phone.

14) If everything went well you should see supersu app in the phone. You can also check by an app called root checker from play store if you have successfully rooted your device.

When you have the unlocked bootlader there would be no display when you're in fastboot mode hence you have to check in device manager to ensure that the device is fastboot mode. Plus while booting or rebooting there would not be any boot animation but only the boot sound. This is due to the unlock bootloader.

Contents of the download link :

A) Stock firmware for the device v21. incase you have trouble and wish to flash stock firmware.
    B) Firmware to unlock bootloader 6.0.018.P2.160720.QK8692.CPD.
    C) 8692_I02 individual .img of stock.
    D) adb-setup for adb & fastboot drivers
    E) Stock aboot .img to lock bootloader.
    G) Qiku download assistant.
    E) Qiku TWRP recovery
    F) SuperSu.zip.

Download link -- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bwy9M10qfmJLNElFemQwTTFXcTQ

Upgrade to the latest 360 OS, Android 6.0.1 and also activate VoLTE - https://xdaforums.com/android/general/upgrade-qiku-cp8692i02-to-6-0-1-t3529352

Have fun :good::good:
    Hi guys!
    Found on the Chinese forum, firmware, FLYME. 6.7.5.19
    Maybe someone already downloaded it? And then the links are broken, please share, And if anyone does not vkurse, here
    Reference and translation,

Here to join the 360 ​​odd cool flagship version (full Netcom Brush Pack), because my phone in the test Andrews 7.1.1ROM, so can not test the system, do not know what bug. In order to meet the requirements of most of the curiosity, so put this package link issued (already encrypted), such as the intention of brush machine can private letter asked me password.

Warning: untested, do not know what the current unknown bug, please carefully consider the brush machine, such as any mistakes, there are individuals to bear!

360 Cheerful Ultimate (Full Netcom) Flyme 6.7.5.19R beta
    The basic information is as follows:
    Developers: Wick Rabbit FIER Developer (I) ROM Size: 981.5MB
    Andrews Version: 6.0 UI Type: Flyme
    Applicable models: odd cool flagship (All Netcom) Published: 2017-5-29

http://bbs.360.cn/thread-14997924-1-1.html

The links aren't broken but the firmware was never uploaded I suppose. I visit the Qiku Chinese forum everyday and have been following the mentioned post since the day it was posted. Also wrote to the uploader but no response from him about the valid download link. Reached to another guy who ported ReserructionRemix ROM for our device he said there is some issue with the FingerPrint scanner of Flyme 6 OS hence the said ROM for our device would never be released.
    I got through the set TWRP Working_full_109_P2_stable_signed.zip, the phone has become loaded.
    Tell me, can be removed TWRP and return everything to the factory condition?
    Or, perhaps, give links to the latest firmware TWRP format? Because now the firmware is not updated.

Is your issue resolved??
    Hi guys!
    not the topic a bit.
    There firmware MIUI.
    It works stable (except the torch of curtains) but does not come to an SMS sent, but does not come.
    What can be wrong?!
    Can someone fix ..
    Here she firmware
    miui8_qiku8692_rogue_6.12.29.zip
    https://yadi.sk/d/3P7ThgT-3BPkh2
    Many thanks

Try the latest one... http://bbs.360.cn/thread-14829735-1-1.html
    Comunication settings can help us, but i need password.
    I use *#*#4364926#*#* to enter to engeneer menu, but there are two submenu with password.
    I have m02 android 5.1.1 v142

As mentioned if you're on V21 then no password is required. Either you flash V21 and try or you let me know what to be done in those setting. I can flash V21 and check.