• Yes

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

HaxerProz

Dec 10, 2016
Installing CWM Recovery + Rooting Samsung Galaxy J7 prime ( SM-G610F/SM-G610M )
Tested & Working​
Know Issue
SDCARD & EXTSDCARD not mounting in CWM ( Not being able to flash/install ZIPs )

Fix
I suggest you to Install zip using sideload, here's a step by step guide :

First boot up your phone into CWM recovery
Go to Install zip update package and select Install zip from sideload
Now connect your android device to your computer
Download this and extract it.
Open command prompt in the ADB folder (mfastboot-v2 folder) by right clicking in the empty space of the folder while holding the Shift key.
Copy the Zip file you want to install on your device to the ADB folder, for example Xposed.zip.
Run the following command to sideload zip to your phone : adb sideload <filename.Zip>
Example adb sideload Xposed.zip
Voila! That's how you can flash Zip files

First Part: Installing CWM Recovery

NOTE BEFORE
Please make sure to follow the guide carefully and thoroughly as i won't be responsible for any damages caused to your device and also keep in mind that rooting your phone will automatically void your warranty.

MUST READ
Before you start, please note that this root has only been tested on the SM-G610F and SM-G610M variants of the Samsung Galaxy J7 prime, so kindly check your phone's variant before proceeding.(Check the back of your device)

Required Files:

CWM & ROOT

Samsung USB Driver

ADB USB Driver

How to install CWM Recovery

After downloading the required files make sure your system has an active Samsung USB Driver or you can simply download it from here
Also don't forget to Enable USB Debugging & Unlock OEM, this can be done by going to Developer Options and make sure to have these 2 boxes checked.
Then go to Lockscreen and Security under Settings and enable Unknown Sources.
With these done we are ready to kick-off!

Step by Step Instructions

STEP 1 : Connect your phone to your computer & Allow access to your device when the MTP Connection box pops up

STEP 2 : Now go to the ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder ( you will need to extract the rar file) you just downloaded and run 1-EnterDownloadMode.bat

STEP 3 : Wait for the phone to reboot into Download Mode ( If nothing happens after running 1-EnterDownloadMode.bat then you might need to disconnect and reconnect your USB cable and Allow USB Debugging (Check Always allow from this computer) when it prompts you. With this done, your device should automatically reboot into Downloading Mode.

STEP 4 : In Downloading Mode Run Odinv3.10.7.exe (Found in ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder) and click on AP and open
SM-G610_cwm.tar from ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder
After this go to Options in Odinv3.10.7.exe and uncheck both Auto Reboot & F Reset Time and finally click on start to execute the installation of CWM recovery. Wait for it to finish (When it says 'PASS!') and after that press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Home Button together ( To get out of download Mode ) and when you see the phone gets rebooted press and hold Volume Up, Power button and Home button to boot into CWM Recovery

STEP 5 : Enjoy! You now have CWM recovery installed

Second Part: Installing SuperSU

MUST READ
Use Volume buttons and power button in CWM Recovery to navigate through and select the different options.

How to Root

STEP 1 : In CWM Recovery, go to install zip package and then select install zip from sideload.
At this point you will have to connect your device to your computer and once done run ROOT.bat from ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder and wait for it to finish.

STEP 2 : Now run 3-Reboot.bat from ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder and you should see your phone get rebooted.

STEP 3 : Enjoy! You have just rooted your phone!

If you want to flash the stock recovery just repeat the steps for installing CWM but select SM-G610F_stock_recovery.tar or
SM-G610M_stock_recovery.tar instead of SM-G610_cwm.tar

P.S You now have a voided warranty :D

Cheers!

Last edited:

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Just FYI before you catch flak from a mod, the work you are linking, the adfly shortened links are a no go on xda.

fakih.m7md

Nov 27, 2016
Thanks a lot,but flashing supersu from cwm without running .bat wouldn't work?my pc is in repair i can only use the pc on my work office and i dont have admin privilege,cmd is disabled and i doubt .bat would work i only can install odin

HaxerProz

Dec 10, 2016
Thanks a lot,but flashing supersu from cwm without running .bat wouldn't work?my pc is in repair i can only use the pc on my work office and i dont have admin privilege,cmd is disabled and i doubt .bat would work i only can install odin

It should work i guess but i recommend you to flash the ROOT.bat since it was tested and working 100%

fakih.m7md

Nov 27, 2016
absolutely i flashed a lot of custom recoveries before even in this mobile i have flashed twrp but root failed because of touch issue in twrp:)

archer797

Oct 15, 2010
Bangalore
I booted into recovery and installed CWM. It passed as well. However, when I boot into recovery, I still dont get CWM recovery. I have made sure I have set OEM UNLOCK properly. Please help!!

HaxerProz

Dec 10, 2016
I booted into recovery and installed CWM. It passed as well. However, when I boot into recovery, I still dont get CWM recovery. I have made sure I have set OEM UNLOCK properly. Please help!!

Just repeat all the steps from the beginning and see if it works..
Btw you are supposed to boot into Downloading mode and from there flash CWM Recovery using Odin..i don't know what you have missed.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Installing CWM Recovery + Rooting Samsung Galaxy J7 prime ( SM-G610F/SM-G610M )
    Tested & Working​
    Know Issue
    SDCARD & EXTSDCARD not mounting in CWM ( Not being able to flash/install ZIPs )

Fix
    I suggest you to Install zip using sideload, here's a step by step guide :

First boot up your phone into CWM recovery
    Go to Install zip update package and select Install zip from sideload
    Now connect your android device to your computer
    Download this and extract it.
    Open command prompt in the ADB folder (mfastboot-v2 folder) by right clicking in the empty space of the folder while holding the Shift key.
    Copy the Zip file you want to install on your device to the ADB folder, for example Xposed.zip.
    Run the following command to sideload zip to your phone : adb sideload <filename.Zip>
    Example adb sideload Xposed.zip
    Voila! That's how you can flash Zip files

First Part: Installing CWM Recovery

NOTE BEFORE
    Please make sure to follow the guide carefully and thoroughly as i won't be responsible for any damages caused to your device and also keep in mind that rooting your phone will automatically void your warranty.

MUST READ
    Before you start, please note that this root has only been tested on the SM-G610F and SM-G610M variants of the Samsung Galaxy J7 prime, so kindly check your phone's variant before proceeding.(Check the back of your device)

Required Files:

CWM & ROOT

Samsung USB Driver

ADB USB Driver

How to install CWM Recovery

After downloading the required files make sure your system has an active Samsung USB Driver or you can simply download it from here
    Also don't forget to Enable USB Debugging & Unlock OEM, this can be done by going to Developer Options and make sure to have these 2 boxes checked.
    Then go to Lockscreen and Security under Settings and enable Unknown Sources.
    With these done we are ready to kick-off!

Step by Step Instructions

STEP 1 : Connect your phone to your computer & Allow access to your device when the MTP Connection box pops up

STEP 2 : Now go to the ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder ( you will need to extract the rar file) you just downloaded and run 1-EnterDownloadMode.bat

STEP 3 : Wait for the phone to reboot into Download Mode ( If nothing happens after running 1-EnterDownloadMode.bat then you might need to disconnect and reconnect your USB cable and Allow USB Debugging (Check Always allow from this computer) when it prompts you. With this done, your device should automatically reboot into Downloading Mode.

STEP 4 : In Downloading Mode Run Odinv3.10.7.exe (Found in ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder) and click on AP and open
    SM-G610_cwm.tar from ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder
    After this go to Options in Odinv3.10.7.exe and uncheck both Auto Reboot & F Reset Time and finally click on start to execute the installation of CWM recovery. Wait for it to finish (When it says 'PASS!') and after that press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Home Button together ( To get out of download Mode ) and when you see the phone gets rebooted press and hold Volume Up, Power button and Home button to boot into CWM Recovery

STEP 5 : Enjoy! You now have CWM recovery installed

Second Part: Installing SuperSU

MUST READ
    Use Volume buttons and power button in CWM Recovery to navigate through and select the different options.

How to Root

STEP 1 : In CWM Recovery, go to install zip package and then select install zip from sideload.
    At this point you will have to connect your device to your computer and once done run ROOT.bat from ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder and wait for it to finish.

STEP 2 : Now run 3-Reboot.bat from ROOT J7 PRIME(2016) folder and you should see your phone get rebooted.

STEP 3 : Enjoy! You have just rooted your phone!

If you want to flash the stock recovery just repeat the steps for installing CWM but select SM-G610F_stock_recovery.tar or
    SM-G610M_stock_recovery.tar instead of SM-G610_cwm.tar

P.S You now have a voided warranty :D

Cheers!
    SM-G610Y

For SM-G610Y Users
    I tried this method on my SM-G610Y. It works, I have rooted my phone, I have Xposed installed (Custom build).
    Minor Issues I've had:
    1. The native download manager is sometimes sketchy. I installed with a clean / fresh stock ROM (No userdata or anything, just after reset) so make of that what you will.

Major Issues I've had:
    None so far. System is stable, rooted with Xposed active (Custom build!!)

Do NOT install SuperSU V2.46 with this method. It causes a bootloop, and you will have to reflash your stock ROM to fix it.
    DO install the SuperSU included with this package (SuperSU V2.76) So far, It's stable and it works.

In general, just follow the steps HaxerProz has provided, SM-G610Y users will be fine, BASED ON MY EXPERIENCE.

Some of you may open up the batch files that HaxerProz provided and see that they change directory to a folder named "adb". This folder exists, it's only hidden in Windows explorer because HaxerProz has set file attribute. To remove this, type attrib * -h /d /s /l in command prompt.

That's all, so far, this method works with SM-G610Y. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    My model is a SM-G610F, the root was successful, but when I tried to use Lucky Patcher, it said I should disable a command in the SuperSU, and it asked if I wanted to let the app do it manually, so I clicked yes and it rebooted the phone but it did not turn on again. So I tried to manually turn it on, the 'samsung galaxy J7 Prime' (with the powered by Android below and shows 'custom binary blocked by FRP Lock in the top left corner of the screen) showed up on the screen together with a vibration as I held the power key, but I when I took my finger off the power key, it disappeared and the phone did not boot up. I tried to go to the CWMRecovery (power+home+volumeup) but it also just showed the 'samsung galaxy j7 prime' with a vibration and as I stopped holding the three keys, the icon went away. The only thing I can see is the loadup screen that has the 'samsung galaxy j7 prime' and the download mode screen. Please help! This is my first time rooting and I'm actually shaking cause I just got this phone weeks ago, and I can't afford to lose it so quickly.

Note: I did not do any sort of root stuff like custom roms, the only root apps I used after I rooted was Titanium Backup, Lucky Patcher, and Greenify. Please help to try save this phone, I'm terrified ;(

Is there a way to recover and unroot the phone? I'd never root again ;(

EDIT1: I've just found out that the reason is behind the FRP Unlock thing, I think because I tried to disable OEM Unlock. I've searched up on multiple videos and I tried to use Kies3 to solve this, but I don't think Kies 3 supports J7 Prime as it does not work. (Told me to check my S/N and model number, when I've already made sure there is no mistakes for almost 10 times.) There is also an option to use Odin, but I do not know how. Is it possible for me to change it back to Stock Recovery so I can reset the phone from there, or will it still be blocked? (Since I also can't go to CWMRecovery cause of the FRP Lock. Or is there a way where I can just enable OEMUnlock again so I don't have to reset my phone? Cause it would be troublesome to root again and do those stuff. Please help me, I'm new to the 'android root community', I would love to help out others when I become an Android Geek ;)

Not to worry, soft bricks are easy to fix. You'd be thankful you didn't get a hardbrick, that's really hard to fix. Yes, you use Odin to fix your phone. You can even root again, just don't do some out-of-the-world stuff and you'll be all good. Just find the firmware appropriate for your phone, you stated that you have a SM-610F. Search for SM-G610F firmware on the internet, preferably with your region, and download it, flash it with Odin.
    Here is a website with your firmware; https://www.sammobile.com/devices/specs/SM-G610F/
    Oh ok since it is against the rules i'll kindly remove them
    Thanks for letting me know btw :D

Please do not spam mention moderators, the report system is here for a reason...
    Plss

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

:(
    SM-G610Y root works fine