So, I recently bought the, “Ulefone Armor 6” Android phone. I didn't do much research into rooting the phone before I bought it, however tonight I did and couldn't find any solution. So I made my own.
I am not responsible if you damage, brick, or willingly alter your phone in any way shape or form blah blah blah, you get the point.
Make sure you have drivers installed, here.
1. Obtain a local copy of the, “boot.img” file from the stock rom archive, which can be found on the, “Ulefone” website.
2. Download the compressed file of your choice, "EU" or "Non-EU." (Ex. I downloaded the one for, "Non-EU" which is, "Armor_6_RF1_V01_user_20190329.tar.gz")
3. Extract the downloaded file in the location of your choice, using your favorite archive extractor (7-zip, winzip, winrar, etc...)
4. To begin the root process, Download the android app or .apk file "Magiskmanager.apk" from the Magisk Manager website, and install it in your, Armor 6 device. (Note: the Play Store does not have the, Magisk Manager app.)
5. Now pass the, "boot.img" file downloaded earlier from your computer to your Armor 6 device. Place the "boot.img" file preferably in the "downloads" folder of your Armor 6 device.
6. Open up the Magisk Manager app, and click, "install 19.3" (or what ever is the current version is) then click, "Select and Patch a File".
7. Locate your, "boot.img" file you placed in your downloads folder, and patch it with Magisk Manager. (Note: This step will create another file named, "Magisk_patched.img" in your device.)
8. After Magisk Manager has patched your file, pass the patched file from your downloads folder, back onto your computer. (Note: Not necessary but customary, to rename the patched file to, "boot.img")
9. Now, in your Armor 6 phone, go to your settings, scroll down to system click it, click on about phone, and then tap the crap out of build number, until you have become a developer.
10. Go back from about phone, click on developer options, and tick on "OEM unlocking." also scroll down and tick, "USB debugging."
11. Download ADB tools with fastboot from Android/Google.
12. With the phone connected to the computer, open up the folder where ADB is located in command prompt and type, "adb reboot bootloader"
13. Now that you are in fastboot mode, type the following prompts into the command. (NOTE: the following commands will WIPE your phone clean to stock, so backup any important files/documents before you wipe.)
- fastboot oem unlock
OR (if the first one fails, try the second one)
- fastboot flashing unlock
15. Once in fastboot mode again, flash the patched, "boot.img" file. (Note: This command will not wipe your device.)
- fastboot flash boot boot.img
A lot of steps yes, but simple easy to do.
Note: that the basis of my instructions on telling you what to do is my assumption of you the end user having basic if not full knowledge of what I am talking about. Because I wont be providing help for basic knowledge, if that makes sense. I do not plan on making a video as this tutorial is mainly meant for users who already know what of the majority they are doing with the tools they are using. If anyone wants to make a video feel free to share it here, I will added to the thread. thanks!
I organized a thread on this link, with everything needed to root, twrp, and stock image.
Re-organized this thread. Removed a few steps. Added more detail to this thread specifying a few things.