FORUMS

View Poll Results: What color of TWRP do you love?

BLUE (stock)

29 Vote(s)
55.77%
RED

5 Vote(s)
9.62%
GREEN

6 Vote(s)
11.54%
PURPLE

0 Vote(s)
0%
BROWN

0 Vote(s)
0%
GREY

2 Vote(s)
3.85%
ORANGE

6 Vote(s)
11.54%
PINK

4 Vote(s)
7.69%

[ROOT + TWRP 3.1-0] Vodafone Smart Ultra 7

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Adreno306™, Guest on 31st August 2016, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
UPDATED THREAD

Hey, guys. So here it is:
ROOT + TWRP
Smart Ultra 7 ONLY !

NEW TWRP VERSION: 3.1-0
__________________________________________________ ___
HOW TO ROOT ? :

This nethod will break OTA, so for update you must use SUGAR.

1) Download TWRP and SPFT from my PAGE and place it on desktop.

2) Download these files and put them on your SD CARD: SuperSU_1 and SuperSU_2

3) Turn off your phone and run SP FLASH TOOL.

3) When the SP FLASH TOOL starts, select MT6755 scatter file and MTK_AllinOne_DA.bin file (they are in SPFT folder)

4) Select ONLY recovery and load the TWRP_3.X.X file. (X.X means a version of TWRP)

5) Press download.

6) Connect your powered off phone to PC via USB cable.

7) After flashing the TWRP, hold VOLUME UP + POWER to boot into TWRP.

8) In TWRP press "INSTALL" and flash the boot patch - SUPERSU_1 and then flash root - SUPERSU_2.

9) Reboot and enjoy.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Adreno306™ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adreno306™ Ad-Free
1st September 2016, 12:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
KingRoot Fidelity
Is it safe to root with KingRoot? Have been trying to figure out the best way root this phone for two weeks now, and trying to avoid KingRoot all this time.
Can you replace the KingRoot Binaries and Root Management Tools with the SuperSU ones?
Will Xposed Framework work on this phone? Really want AdAway, Greenify and Xposed Tweaks on the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7.

Thanks!
Adreno306™
1st September 2016, 09:48 AM |#3  

More
You can replace kingroot with supersu thanks to this app:
http://download.dlapk.org/?apkid=dar....7&server=snah

I did not try the xposed yet.
But it should work properly.
1st September 2016, 02:48 PM |#4  

More
Thanks for the reply,
I still feel skeptical about KingRoot, and there are reports that indicate that replacing KingRoot with SuperSU isn't that easy either, KingRoot seems to completely deny root once altered or removed, which makes it look even more shady, I really want root on this phone, there are tweaks I would love to do such as dpi change, remove the vodafone label on the statusbar and more, but I don't know if I'm willing to use KingRoot in the process. I'm used to SuperSU and Xposed Framework working flawlessly, so I'm really 'scared' on this one.

Thanks
1st September 2016, 04:25 PM |#5  

More
Not working on my ultra 7
1st September 2016, 04:27 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezinx

Not working on my ultra 7

Xposed Framework? Or root in general? (KingRoot)
1st September 2016, 04:46 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbo

Xposed Framework? Or root in general? (KingRoot)

Root. After enabling USB debugging and unknown sources, I click "try to root" and then get the "Failed to root" screen
1st September 2016, 04:48 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezinx

Root. After enabling USB debugging and unknown sources, I click "try to root" and then get the "Failed to root" screen

I guess we'll have to wait for further development on the phone, I won't put my phone trough KingRoot, and you even reported that it isn't working for you... oh well.
Really wanted root on this phone, lets hope someone actually picks it up just as they did with the previous model (Smart Prime 6 / Smart Ultra 6).
2nd September 2016, 03:56 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
İt did not work for me too ı hope a way can be found for rooting otherwise i desperately regret to bought this phone
2nd September 2016, 11:24 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TheBesT

İt did not work for me too ı hope a way can be found for rooting otherwise i desperately regret to bought this phone

Don't give up just yet, I do understand your desperation, as I feel almost the same as you, but you'll see someone will find a way, at least I hope...
This phone its awesome for its price point, and would be absolutely marvelous with all the tweaks and adjustments root brings to the table.
Who knows, maybe we'll have a full developed phone (custom ROMs, root, recovery, all of that good stuff), we can only wish someone works on it...
The Following User Says Thank You to skullbo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skullbo Ad-Free
2nd September 2016, 06:35 PM |#11  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Doesn't work for me too
Waiting for some devs...

Inviato dal mio VFD 700 utilizzando Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
smart-ultra-7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)