FORUMS

View Poll Results: What color of TWRP do you love?

BLUE (stock)

29 Vote(s)
55.77%
RED

5 Vote(s)
9.62%
GREEN

6 Vote(s)
11.54%
PURPLE

0 Vote(s)
0%
BROWN

0 Vote(s)
0%
GREY

2 Vote(s)
3.85%
ORANGE

6 Vote(s)
11.54%
PINK

4 Vote(s)
7.69%

[ROOT + TWRP 3.1-0] Vodafone Smart Ultra 7

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Adreno306™, Guest on 31st August 2016, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Adreno306™
3rd September 2016, 10:07 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullbo

I didn't, the phone came as it is out of the box, no software updates were made...
I guess we've found the issue, if the software versions don't match, that means everyone with yours (120FKN1) can root with KingRoot, and everyone with mine (060FFN1) can't...

I've got an issue in my hands I see...

Yup, maybe there's the problem.
3rd September 2016, 10:16 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adreno306™

Yup, maybe there's the problem.

Well, only remains to thank you for your help, and hope I can root my VFD 700 eventually, I really need root in my phone, I got used to it and now its quite hard to live without it...
Any last recommendations? No support for this phone is found whatsoever, I could try to flash that version on my phone, but no stock images are found neither is the stock recovery useful enough, I mean, I could try, if a stock image was around it would mean that it is signed and the recovery would read it I suppose... I don't know mate, I honestly don't... Just wanted root on my phone...

But Thank You!
Adreno306™
3rd September 2016, 10:19 PM |#23  

More
Quote:

Well, only remains to thank you for your help, and hope I can root my VFD 700 eventually, I really need root in my phone, I got used to it and now its quite hard to live without it...
Any last recommendations? No support for this phone is found whatsoever, I could try to flash that version on my phone, but no stock images are found neither is the stock recovery useful enough, I mean, I could try, if a stock image was around it would mean that it is signed and the recovery would read it I suppose... I don't know mate, I honestly don't... Just wanted root on my phone...

But Thank You!

Maybe try Kingo Root, Towel Root or something like this for 060FFN1
3rd September 2016, 10:24 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

Maybe try Kingo Root, Towel Root or something like this for 060FFN1

Kingo Root doesn't work, and TowelRoot is quite old, I don't think such method would work on Android Marshmallow 6.0...
I think that I'm actually doomed... I think I'll stop all efforts for now, since I recognized what the difference is.
Maybe KingRoot can eventually root it, I don't really know...
All that is left for me to do is keep my fingers crossed and hope a solution comes around
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skullbo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skullbo Ad-Free
Adreno306™
4th September 2016, 09:17 PM |#25  

More
Quote:

Kingo Root doesn't work, and TowelRoot is quite old, I don't think such method would work on Android Marshmallow 6.0...
I think that I'm actually doomed... I think I'll stop all efforts for now, since I recognized what the difference is.
Maybe KingRoot can eventually root it, I don't really know...
All that is left for me to do is keep my fingers crossed and hope a solution comes around

Or try to boot into recovery and select "mount system" and then reboot and try to root.
Maybe after that you will be able to root it.
4th September 2016, 09:37 PM |#26  

More
Quote:

Or try to boot into recovery and select "mount system" and then reboot and try to root.
Maybe after that you will be able to root it.

Just did that with no success unfortunately...
But the curious about that option is, you select "Mount /System" and the log says "/System Mounted", although if you press it again, it does exactly the same thing, which means this option does nothing, no Unmount /System is provided on Recovery... I've heard that the previous model had a Write Protection Option on the recovery, that when toggled OFF it would allow for root. It could be the case with this phone as well, but as I said, the "Mount /System" option its pretty much useless...

Once again @Adreno306™, thank you for your efforts!
I'm all hears to any suggestions you keep coming my way.
5th September 2016, 03:08 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried every program to root vdf 700 but i t did not work. I hope some devoloper can hear our voice
7th September 2016, 09:01 AM |#28  

More
unroot Vodafone Prime 7
Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum, and I need to root a Vodafone Smart Prime 7.

I have a question: if I root my device with the kinkroot app suggested by Adreno306, there is any procedure to unroot the device and bring it back to the factory defaults?

Thanks a lot.
7th September 2016, 12:58 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereboy85

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum, and I need to root a Vodafone Smart Prime 7.

I have a question: if I root my device with the kinkroot app suggested by Adreno306, there is any procedure to unroot the device and bring it back to the factory defaults?

Thanks a lot.

You should check your Custom Build number first, reports indicate that 060FFN1 can't be rooted, although, 120FKN1 can, so check that first, from there you should be fine, and KingRoot must be able to unroot with no problems.

Please report back after, all knowledge on the phone will help its development, thanks.
7th September 2016, 01:08 PM |#30  

More
Quote:

You should check your Custom Build number first, reports indicate that 060FFN1 can't be rooted, although, 120FKN1 can, so check that first, from there you should be fine, and KingRoot must be able to unroot with no problems.

Please report back after, all knowledge on the phone will help its development, thanks.

The buid number of my smartphone is VDF-VFD600B01-IT02c .

I tried to use KingRoot, but it didn't work, now I have on my Prime 7 the apps Purify and King User but the smartphone is not rooted.

I tried also with SuperSU Me but the application crashs.

I hope this informations will be useful, thanks a lot.
7th September 2016, 01:21 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereboy85

The buid number of my smartphone is VDF-VFD600B01-IT02c .

I tried to use KingRoot, but it didn't work, now I have on my Prime 7 the apps Purify and King User but the smartphone is not rooted.

I tried also with SuperSU Me but the application crashs.

I hope this informations will be useful, thanks a lot.

Ok, thanks for the feedback given,
although I would like you to check the Custom Build Version, instead of the build number, but it seems you have the unrootable one, that means you'll have to wait for a root solution just like me and the rest of the remaining users that were unable to root as well...

Check that and try again, and don't forget to report back with the Custom Build Version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
smart-ultra-7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)