Remove All Ads from XDA

Root Huawei y6 ii based on Kirin 620 - CAM-L03, CAM-L23 and CAM-L21

48 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By jameelmemon, Member on 16th November 2016, 01:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
There are three steps involved to root huawei y6 ii or any huawei device
If you have bootloader unlocked please proceed to step number 2

1. Unlocking bootloader (this will erase all your data and reset to factory settings)
Note:-
Unlocking device bootloader will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
It will erase all your Internal Storage Data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.

First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting > developer option > To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
Click image for larger version

Name:	oem_unlock.jpg
Views:	31954
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	3938451

Install the ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.

Visit Unlocking booloader page
Login with huawei Id or create new one
accept agreement and press next

Fill the given form it will ask you a product identification code, (to know that dial * # * # 1357946 # * # *) fill the MEI code and submit.
serial number of phone is available at Settings > About Phone > Status
IMEI is available at Settings > About Phone first IMEI should work fine if not use secon IMEI

Name:	unlock code.jpg
Views:	31418
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	3938461

Now you have unlock code. Save it for later use.

Now go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window there by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.

Name:	cmd-6.jpg
Views:	30950
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	3938472

Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
Type “fastboot devices” in command prompt and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connect properly.

To unlock bootloader of Huawei Honor 5X, type “fastboot oem unlock unlock-key”. Here replace unlock-key with the key you got from huawei portal. For example “fastboot oem unlock 21084949302847″.

Above step will Unlock Bootloader of Huawei Devices. To restart the system type “fastboot reboot”.This is the complete guide of how to unlock

This is the complete guide to unlock bootloader of any Huawei Devices.

2. Installing custom recovery TWRP
Huawei Y6ii is technically Huawei P8 lite so you may use below TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery for P8 Lite Marshmallow recovery that works absolutely fine as it is based on Kirin processor do not flash it if you Y6 ii is not based on Kirin

Requirements to install custom recovery
unlocked bootloader (follow the guide above)
enable OEM unlock to be enabled (goto settings > developer option > enable OEM unlock)

All credits goes to @XePeleato Iam not developer of this recovery
Download recovery

For those who's want or need look into the sources
Git Source

copy TWRP3.0.2.img to adb folder and rename it to recovery.img to flash easily

now issue below commands in fastboot mode
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
after successful installation of recovery then reboot to recovery

3. Installing SU
download superSU by chainfire
install donwloaded zip via TWRP

* this root is systemless root so it will not be wiped if you will install updates via OTA
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jameelmemon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jameelmemon Ad-Free

18th November 2016, 05:13 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
does this work for Y6 II CAM-L23?
thanks for the tutorial, and this also work for CAM-L23?
The Following User Says Thank You to hectorbigit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hectorbigit Ad-Free
19th November 2016, 05:22 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorbigit

thanks for the tutorial, and this also work for CAM-L23?

It should work with any of CAM-L03, CAM-L23, CAM-L21
19th November 2016, 08:57 AM |#4  
Flag Trujillo
Thanks Meter: 157

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameelmemon

It should work with any of CAM-L03, CAM-L23, CAM-L21, CAM-L32 if if processor is Hisilicon kirin 620..

Hi and thanks for the tutorial. The Huawei Y6 II (variant L-03) is among my purchase options (since it broke the screen of my Galaxy A5), and wanted to know if after doing this procedure did not give you any problem and if the Recovery works correctly, my question is mainly because the TWRP is the P8 Lite And while they have virtually identical hardware, there is always a risk. A hug.
19th November 2016, 09:18 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oss_mosis

Hi and thanks for the tutorial. The Huawei Y6 II (variant L-03) is among my purchase options (since it broke the screen of my Galaxy A5), and wanted to know if after doing this procedure did not give you any problem and if the Recovery works correctly, my question is mainly because the TWRP is the P8 Lite And while they have virtually identical hardware, there is always a risk. A hug.

I haven't encounter any issue just is shows external sdcard 2 times where ever there is storage selection while i can flash any zip, backup/restore full system, clear cache, backup/restore data (Initially i was not able to backup data partition) but after factory reset it works fine.. So over all there is no any issue observed
19th November 2016, 09:21 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oss_mosis

P8 lite is not virtually identical but technically it have same hardware only difference is screen size.. one of the processor in both devices is KIRIN 620 which matters and RAM is also same
20th November 2016, 04:40 AM |#7  
Flag Trujillo
Thanks Meter: 157

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I haven't encounter any issue just is shows external sdcard 2 times where ever there is storage selection while i can flash any zip, backup/restore full system, clear cache, backup/restore data (Initially i was not able to backup data partition) but after factory reset it works fine.. So over all there is no any issue observed

Quote:

P8 lite is not virtually identical but technically it have same hardware only difference is screen size.. one of the processor in both devices is KIRIN 620 which matters and RAM is also same

Thanks for the info, most likely I will buy it these days, just have it I will do this procedure, I will notice any news. Greetings.
21st November 2016, 07:51 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can i root huawei cam l21
Bootloader unlock is not found.why?
22nd November 2016, 06:43 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Dubai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Myo Aung

Bootloader unlock is not found.why?

sorry i didn't get what you mean.

you have to unlock bootloader and instructions are there
22nd November 2016, 06:47 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
SORRY
Sorry for my bad english.i mean huawei bootloader unlock webside isn't response.show only about emui 5.0. Thanks for reply.
22nd November 2016, 06:48 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Phone Bricked
My phone got bricked. Do you have recovery image for CAM-L21?
The Following User Says Thank You to BiBacker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BiBacker Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)