19th June 2017, 02:36 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Shaw TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0i

This one works! thanks.

Who is responsible for this apk? Can I learn how this is done?

Thanks,

Who is responsible for the APK? Well, we all are! The link I provided was from this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...3535881/page13. I don't personally post links to my server. If you would like to know how its done, I suggest you follow the steps listed in this thread to modify the APK. the first one will get it to work on android TV boxes for Shield and Mi box, the second fixes the menu. There is also a fix for the HDMI as well, but not needed for the MI box or the Shield TV. you will find it in the link in this post and thanks to aiemassfiria . One thing I've observed though, the App will not work if your time isn't correct on your device, it will give a connection error when registering. So make sure the time is correct.

20th June 2017, 05:44 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggine

Who is responsible for the APK? Well, we all are! The link I provided was from this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...3535881/page13. I don't personally post links to my server. If you would like to know how its done, I suggest you follow the steps listed in this thread to modify the APK. the first one will get it to work on android TV boxes for Shield and Mi box, the second fixes the menu. There is also a fix for the HDMI as well, but not needed for the MI box or the Shield TV. you will find it in the link in this post and thanks to aiemassfiria . One thing I've observed though, the App will not work if your time isn't correct on your device, it will give a connection error when registering. So make sure the time is correct.

Thanks very much for posting the apk, it works great! I can confirm it's working for me on the Nvidia Shield and Nexus Player.
20th June 2017, 05:56 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member

More
Shaw Free Range v 4.2.2.001
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheoncrutch

Thanks very much for posting the apk, it works great! I can confirm it's working for me on the Nvidia Shield and Nexus Player.

Curious, what version of android is running on the shield? 6.0 or 7.0
20th June 2017, 03:57 PM |#14  

More
Quote:

Curious, what version of android is running on the shield? 6.0 or 7.0

Shield is running 7.0 with the latest Shield Experience 5.2 update.
21st June 2017, 01:35 AM |#15  
Flag Brantford, ON
Thanks Meter: 544

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheoncrutch

Confirmed working on the first-gen FireTV and Beelink GT1 as well.
22nd June 2017, 05:38 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Try this one From

This is awesome! Thanks for posting. I'm a Shaw Direct subscriber (satellite TV only) and usually after the Get Started prompt the login credentials includes a banner allowing you to select Shaw Direct to enter an account number in a ###-###-#### format, but this seems to be missing in this version. Any idea if it can be accessed? The login page seems to be for Shaw cable subscribers only as my account number isn't recognized. Thanks again!
22nd June 2017, 05:45 PM |#17  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearandtrembling

This is awesome! Thanks for posting. I'm a Shaw Direct subscriber (satellite TV only) and usually after the Get Started prompt the login credentials includes a banner allowing you to select Shaw Direct to enter an account number in a ###-###-#### format, but this seems to be missing in this version. Any idea if it can be accessed? The login page seems to be for Shaw cable subscribers only as my account number isn't recognized. Thanks again!

Do the following,

Shaw Cable:
Sign in with your Shaw ID, My Account Username, or @Shaw.ca email.

Shaw Direct:
Your username is your account number - do not include dashes.
17th July 2017, 12:52 AM |#18  
Flag British Columbia

More
Mi box remote doesn't work with the app
18th November 2017, 05:44 AM |#19  

More
Having problems......

First, I couldn't edit anything. I had to use an external xml editor to change my files.

Then when I tried to load the new apk to the Amazon FireTV (using adblink), in wouldn't install, adblink just loops on 'adb running'.

The original, pre-modified-by-me apk installed and worked fine before, using adblink.

8th December 2017, 12:52 AM |#20  

More
just want to say thanks to the creator of this modded apk. finally got freerange working on my firetv box.
17th March 2018, 01:15 AM |#21  

More
I tried access the link posted (http://199.175.53.21/shawfreerangetv.leanback422001.apk) but it was not loading for me.

So I proceeding with downloading the most recent APK file for Shaw FreeRange from APKPure.com

I decomplied it and modified it, and recreated the APK according to the instructions in the first post. When I tried installing it though on my Nvidia Shield it said that the APK was corrupt.

Does anyone have a recent and working link to a Shaw FreeRange APK that will work on the Shield TV?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)