FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Shaw FreeRange for MI Box V4.2.1.001

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
By buggine, Junior Member on 28th May 2017, 02:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2019, 09:44 PM |#51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
line not working
the latest shaw free range link isn't working does anyone have the file?
 
 
5th September 2019, 02:26 PM |#52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnando

Works perfect on Nvidia shield for shawfreerange. Lastest version on shield installed as well.

Will test on Android TV and wetek 2 box ASAP as well.

I just picked up an Nvidia Shield and I have been trying to get anything to work as I got the unedited version to run but as soon as I open a stream I get a message saying to turn off chromecast or what ever I am doing in order to watch. What am I needing to get this working as you do?
5th September 2019, 09:37 PM |#53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Links not working
The link in post #37 are no longer working.

Nor the link altered with the most recent version ( h t t p : / / 199.175.53.21/xfinitystreamv543001apk ) works

Both are producing 404 Not Found errors for me.

Does anyone have a working version of the Shaw Free Range APK they can link me without me having to go in and alter the APK myself.

I would be so appreciative!!
6th September 2019, 06:59 PM |#54  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I'm willing to rebuild the apk but the original instructions of where to enter the modified code does not seem to work. I've tried various versions of the apk including the latest and inserting the code at the position mentioned (after line 61 in 4.x, which is around line 80 in the newest version 5.x) just causes the app to crash. If any of the original modders can shed some light I will gladly rebuild it.
6th September 2019, 07:35 PM |#55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c7

I'm willing to rebuild the apk but the original instructions of where to enter the modified code does not seem to work. I've tried various versions of the apk including the latest and inserting the code at the position mentioned (after line 61 in 4.x, which is around line 80 in the newest version 5.x) just causes the app to crash. If any of the original modders can shed some light I will gladly rebuild it.

Thanks, I wish I knew more about editing it so I could help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Snipie33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Snipie33 Ad-Free
6th September 2019, 08:03 PM |#56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipie33

Thanks, I wish I knew more about editing it so I could help.

No worries. If anyone has any versions of the xfinity .apk, I could run diff on it and see if I can isolate the lines. Even older obsolete versions of the shaw .apk would help.
9th September 2019, 09:00 PM |#57  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c7

No worries. If anyone has any versions of the xfinity .apk, I could run diff on it and see if I can isolate the lines. Even older obsolete versions of the shaw .apk would help.

Someone help this man provide us with FREEDOM!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kleis204 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kleis204 Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 06:31 PM |#58  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Older versions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleis204

The link in post #37 are no longer working.

Nor the link altered with the most recent version ( h t t p : / / 199.175.53.21/xfinitystreamv543001apk ) works

Both are producing 404 Not Found errors for me.

Does anyone have a working version of the Shaw Free Range APK they can link me without me having to go in and alter the APK myself.

I would be so appreciative!!

h t t p s://mega . nz/#F!UQQHWQIR!MQrf6bhSnMaTNLK643-AZA

Here are some older versions, hope they help
The Following User Says Thank You to Hexxxer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hexxxer Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 03:49 AM |#59  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexxxer

h t t p s://mega . nz/#F!UQQHWQIR!MQrf6bhSnMaTNLK643-AZA

Here are some older versions, hope they help

Thanks everyone - I've isolated the change required in the 5.x versions in the code.

However, since I'm a newb to .apk's, I cannot figure out how to recompile and properly sign the application. Without this, it will not install. Any help in this area is appreciated.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c7

Thanks everyone - I've isolated the change required in the 5.x versions in the code.

However, since I'm a newb to .apk's, I cannot figure out how to recompile and properly sign the application. Without this, it will not install. Any help in this area is appreciated.

Also, still looking for 5.x versions of the Shaw apk. The change is similar but the variables may be slightly off. I would like to verify.
11th September 2019, 05:39 PM |#60  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
shaw 5.x file
I may have one i can send you private message me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c7

Thanks everyone - I've isolated the change required in the 5.x versions in the code.

However, since I'm a newb to .apk's, I cannot figure out how to recompile and properly sign the application. Without this, it will not install. Any help in this area is appreciated.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------



Also, still looking for 5.x versions of the Shaw apk. The change is similar but the variables may be slightly off. I would like to verify.

The Following User Says Thank You to 1234boxsetup For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1234boxsetup Ad-Free
Yesterday, 07:28 PM |#61  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
freerange on firestick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwongy

Awesome that you were able to figure it out! Thanks for sharing the code. Any way you or anybody else and compile into a new apk file and link? You're a lifesaver. Thanks again

Thanks this works for the firestick.

C:\Users\User> adb connect firetv.ip:5555
C:\Users\User> adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ settings get secure location_providers_allowed

[email protected]:/ $ settings put secure location_providers_allowed gps,wifi,network
[email protected]:/ $ settings get secure location_providers_allowed
gps,wifi,network
[email protected]:/ $ exit
C:\Users\User> adb disconnect

However for the firestick 4K I added:

settings put secure location_providers_allowed +wifi
settings put secure location_providers_allowed +network

So happy it works now. Need mouse toggle to navigate. One strange thing is the closed caption seems to stay on. I have to manually choose to turn it off every time I try to switch channel. It's like it doesn't save for some reason. A bit annoying but at least it works. This isn't a problem for the mibox or nvidia shield.

Another observation is that the quality of the channels seem to be better on the firesticks than mibox/shield.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes