Shaw FreeRange for MI Box V4.2.1.001

Search This thread
It's funny how the OG modder literally gave exact instructions on how to mod the apk and everyone is still here months later asking if anyone has made an updated file yet... lol.

So, I've gone ahead and modded the latest BlueCurve apk for my Canadian friends. I've tested this working on both a MiBox and the new Chromecast running TV OS.

If you're using the new Chromecast I recommend running SendFilesToTV to send the new APK to your Chromecast. This can be downloaded from the play store on both the TV and your phone. I'd also recommend using a power delivery USB type C hub with a USB 3.0 stick formatted for system storage as you will run out.

You will need a file explorer to install the apk files. Use whatever one you'd like (Except ES, it sucks).

If you don't have a browser installed, you'll need one for authenticating your Bluecurve TV APK. The MiBox should work with the inbuilt browser, however for the Chromecast you'll need to install a browser for the app to work. I initially tried Firefox for TV and it did not work. I then Tried TV Bro and it worked like a charm.

Instructions:

1. Install the modded Bluecurve APK from HERE do not open.
  2. Install the Leanback shortcut APK from HERE do not open.
  3. (If using Chromecast or Android TV OS device) Install TV Bro HERE (Official Github Repo)
  4. Open TV Bro, press OK and exit the app.
  5. Find the Bluecurve TV app now displayed in your app drawer, open it and go to "Sign In".
  6. TV Bro will open and give you the authentication webpage. I recommend using the Android TV Remote app to use your phones keyboard to easily enter your Shaw credentials, however TV Bro is built with an air-mouse so you can use the system keyboard if you'd like.
  7. Once you enter your credentials, login. TV Bro will go to a new page and exit and you will be greeted with a Shaw logo and a loading circle. After that you may use the Bluecurve TV app.
Notes:

Some channels require home network, I haven't explored this APK enough to start fussing with other restrictions.

VOD, Movies, TV Shows, Networks all seem to work just fine.

The app can be navigated easily with a remote. I see no need for a USB keyboard/mouse remote that some have suggested.

See screenshots attached of the latest build (6.4.1.001 as of this post) working just fine on my new Chromecast as well as the app shortcut.

**UPDATE - XDA member confirmed working on FireTV Stick

Enjoy!
The TV Bro tip is what I needed. The other browser I had didn't work. Thanks!!

blair99

May 11, 2010
hey I'm trying to get Shaw blue curve app to work on my NVIDIA shield but no success. I have the latest Shaw blue curve app and a chrome browser got it authenticated and logging in.. But when i try to watch live tv it says screen mirroring not aloud.

tried downloading the modded apk you posted on this thread but it says file doesn't excised or expired. Can some one share this file with me please.

newest version is
Shaw BlueCurve TV 6.15.0.005

Shaw BlueCurve TV 6.15.0.005

Thanks
blair

blair99

May 11, 2010
having a hard time/cant get apktool to un on windows 11 i was following this video
but keep getting this error
C:\Users\blair\Desktop\apktool>apktool if ca.shaw.freerangetv_6.15.0.005-61500005_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Users\blair\Desktop\apktool\apktool_jar.jar

blair99

May 11, 2010
i re downloaded and tried running it again and got this error
C:\Users\blair\Desktop\apktool>apktool if ca.shaw.freerangetv_6.15.0.005-61500005_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ca.shaw.freerangetv_6.15.0.005-61500005_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com (The system cannot find the file specified)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:917)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:861)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.installFramework(Androlib.java:741)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdInstallFramework(Main.java:273)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:85)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ca.shaw.freerangetv_6.15.0.005-61500005_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:869)
... 4 more

fortesquieu

May 22, 2010
i re downloaded and tried running it again and got this error
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ca.shaw.freerangetv_6.15.0.005-61500005_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com (The system cannot find the file specified)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:917)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:861)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.installFramework(Androlib.java:741)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdInstallFramework(Main.java:273)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:85)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: ca.shaw.freerangetv_6.15.0.005-61500005_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.installFramework(AndrolibResources.java:869)
... 4 more
You'll need the modified apk from OP to work.

mymusicathome

Dec 4, 2011
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The TV Bro tip is what I needed. The other browser I had didn't work. Thanks!!
    Just out here doin the lords work, NBD. I'll update the shaw app too. my old mod needs updating
    Latest Shaw BlueCurve TV v6.6.0.004 with HDMI fix and Leanback (AndroidTV) support added:
    It's funny how the OG modder literally gave exact instructions on how to mod the apk and everyone is still here months later asking if anyone has made an updated file yet... lol.

So, I've gone ahead and modded the latest BlueCurve apk for my Canadian friends. I've tested this working on both a MiBox and the new Chromecast running TV OS.

If you're using the new Chromecast I recommend running SendFilesToTV to send the new APK to your Chromecast. This can be downloaded from the play store on both the TV and your phone. I'd also recommend using a power delivery USB type C hub with a USB 3.0 stick formatted for system storage as you will run out.

You will need a file explorer to install the apk files. Use whatever one you'd like (Except ES, it sucks).

If you don't have a browser installed, you'll need one for authenticating your Bluecurve TV APK. The MiBox should work with the inbuilt browser, however for the Chromecast you'll need to install a browser for the app to work. I initially tried Firefox for TV and it did not work. I then Tried TV Bro and it worked like a charm.

Instructions:

1. Install the modded Bluecurve APK from HERE do not open.
    2. Install the Leanback shortcut APK from HERE do not open.
    3. (If using Chromecast or Android TV OS device) Install TV Bro HERE (Official Github Repo)
    4. Open TV Bro, press OK and exit the app.
    5. Find the Bluecurve TV app now displayed in your app drawer, open it and go to "Sign In".
    6. TV Bro will open and give you the authentication webpage. I recommend using the Android TV Remote app to use your phones keyboard to easily enter your Shaw credentials, however TV Bro is built with an air-mouse so you can use the system keyboard if you'd like.
    7. Once you enter your credentials, login. TV Bro will go to a new page and exit and you will be greeted with a Shaw logo and a loading circle. After that you may use the Bluecurve TV app.
    Notes:

Some channels require home network, I haven't explored this APK enough to start fussing with other restrictions.

VOD, Movies, TV Shows, Networks all seem to work just fine.

The app can be navigated easily with a remote. I see no need for a USB keyboard/mouse remote that some have suggested.

See screenshots attached of the latest build (6.4.1.001 as of this post) working just fine on my new Chromecast as well as the app shortcut.

**UPDATE - XDA member confirmed working on FireTV Stick

Enjoy!
    Shaw/Xfinity Android TV TOP MENU FIX!

Tools Used: APK Icon Editor

Process:
    1. Open APK with APK-Icon-Editor
    2. Change Current mode to APKTOOL (If you are in ZIP mode, you will not see all files.)
    3. Explorer APK Contents
    4. Open file (\res\layout-television-v13\actionbar_custom.xml)
    5. Change the following to 78.0dip form 64dip ( android:layout_height="78.0dip) and save.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="bottom|center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" xmlns:app="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res-auto">
        <com.xfinity.common.view.metadata.ActionViewContainer android:id="@id/ab_animated_button_bar" android:background="@drawable/animated_button_bar_bg" android:layout_width="fill_parent" [B][SIZE="5"]android:layout_height="78.0dip[/SIZE][/B]" android:layout_marginLeft="24.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="8.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="24.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="8.0dip" app:textSize="@dimen/nav_bar_button_text_size" />
    </LinearLayout>
    5. Open file ( \res\values-television-v13\dimens.xml)
    6. change the follwoing to 25dip from 32dip (<dimen name="nav_bar_button_text_size">25.0dip</dimen>) and save
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <resources>
        <dimen name="list_item_side_padding">48.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="action_view_spacing_inner">64.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="overscan_horizontal_adjustment">48.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="overscan_vertical_adjustment">27.0dip</dimen>
        [B][SIZE="5"]<dimen name="nav_bar_button_text_size">25.0dip</dimen>[/SIZE][/B]
        <dimen name="nav_item_text_selected_spacing">16.0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="nav_item_text_spacing">8.0dip</dimen>
    </resources>
    7. Export (Pack) APK
    8. Install apk and Enjoy :D