875 posts
Thanks Meter: 139

By CCJ22, Senior Member on 7th August 2018, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2019, 04:23 PM |#101  
Flag West Palm Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A web search shows a way to root, is it safe at all?
13th September 2019, 04:05 AM |#102  

More
Anyone have a factory boot img for Lg stylo 5? Lm-q720ps. Any help would be most appreciated thanks.
14th September 2019, 08:01 AM |#103  
Flag Innernetz
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexOehm

I'm a green eared LM-Q710CS owner, with service through Cricket Wireless(obviously mirroring over the AT&T network). My phone was bought outright as an upgrade from a LG Treasure (only could afford free for my first cell phone as a free man). I regestetered for every single LG membership I found during my time on my worthless Treasure. It's been just over a month since my purchase and while I'm happy with the value of the phone I bought at such an affoardable cost, I find myself wanting to squeeze this bad boy for all its worth(my insurance covers any and all damages to the phone for a $78 deductible regardless of cause).

As I browsed through my developer option menu for the first time I noticed the slide selector to activate OEM unlock near the top of the menu. I'm quite behind the times due to my local district courts appointed jury decided I should go to prison for pulling a knife in order to disarm a young man whom had just threatened to shoot me at point blank range(Since you have to deal with my most likely worn out question, I figured I'd let you laugh at why I don't know the answer).

I haven't seen any mention on any of our phones threads or forums referring to this unlock, but isn't this setting some sort of option that allows you to access the Bootlader through a fast boot access menu? The last time I touched a super user permission everyone wanted a piece of that Kit Kat code.

I've looked online all day for two days now and have not found a reliable source I would trust to lead me through the new process, since I havent seen any root access guides in our community. If any one can help me out here, or even if something about this unlock option interests you be sure to let me know. I'm willing to assist in any way towards device improvement in any way I can. Just let me know if there's any thing I can do to assist you in return.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using XDA Labs

AFAIK no way has been found for unLOCKing this. If so the other foreign forums usually are where its at on the good info for obvious boxed reasons. If those reasons dont appear then its safe to say its not out public yet... always set times for these for more obvious reasons. So you pulled a knife on someone who tried to shoot you? That sucks. Self defense though too.. have to consider this and all possibilities and much more.. ..... GOOD LAWYER
17th September 2019, 12:31 AM |#104  

More
Hidden codes
I've been crawling through what programs and files I can get into and started running in little hidden programs and files. Some of it suggests that the code to unlock the phones or bin code is already on the phones but hidden just waiting for certain commands. For example in 2 preloaded songs I found coding hiding underneath. Also the operators hidden menu seems to be one of 3 or 6 programs to start everything. I found some references to polymorphic files and dalvik being the keys. If someone with more experience could possibly look at those maybe tell me I'm not crazy
17th September 2019, 12:40 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalWolfen

I've been crawling through what programs and files I can get into and started running in little hidden programs and files. Some of it suggests that the code to unlock the phones or bin code is already on the phones but hidden just waiting for certain commands. For example in 2 preloaded songs I found coding hiding underneath. Also the operators hidden menu seems to be one of 3 or 6 programs to start everything. I found some references to polymorphic files and dalvik being the keys. If someone with more experience could possibly look at those maybe tell me I'm not crazy

Lmao from the way you describe it sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Just like the other stylo phones there wont be a bootloader unlocked at least not for a very long time.
if you want to try the qualcomm version using the g7 bootloader unlock method on octoplus jtag pro that might be only soultion. i have sprint which is mtk so it wont work if you try with qualcomm that might be your only chance.
17th September 2019, 04:22 PM |#106  

More
Nothing better to do
I'll just keep on going through things and see if it leads to anything I did find this among some of it. But it of course just leads you to more files.

#
# THIS IS AN AUTOGENERATED FILE! DO NOT MODIFY!
#
# Defined in file: "device/lge/cv7a/config.fs"
nfclock::2900:2900::/:/system/bin/sh
smartcard::2902:2902::/:/system/bin/sh
smartshare::2903:2903::/:/system/bin/sh
imsvt::2904:2904::/:/system/bin/sh
eas::2905:2905::/:/system/bin/sh
cnas_rw::2907:2907::/:/system/bin/sh
# Defined in file: "device/qcom/common/config.fs"
qti_diag::2950:2950::/:/system/bin/sh
rfs::2951:2951::/:/system/bin/sh
rfs_shared::2952:2952::/:/system/bin/sh
# Defined in file: "device/lge/cv7a/config.fs"
lgapps::2971:2971::/:/system/bin/sh
lgdrm::5001:5001::/:/system/bin/sh
lgdrm_acc::5002:5002::/:/system/bin/sh
lgdrm_divx::5003:5003::/:/system/bin/sh
lgkeyguard::5004:5004::/:/system/bin/sh
flk::5014:5014::/:/system/bin/sh
lg_fota::5100:5100::/:/system/bin/sh
lgmms::5201:5201::/:/system/bin/sh

There is also a couple that talk about the factory OS being in the phone already.
6th October 2019, 11:43 PM |#107  
Flag san pedro sula
Thanks Meter: 5

More
had unlocked q stylo 4 q710al the problem when you cross firmware lost baseband , the way to fix is erase chip with lgup modded
lossing last baseband and got yhe new one from the new firmware QSTYLO ALPHA causing problen on nvdata, i did back up nvdata and flash whith new firmware only connect gsm 2g and edge, only edit nvdata and fix 4g LTE
6th October 2019, 11:50 PM |#108  
Flag san pedro sula

More
Proof unlocked using LGUP and Mauimeta

Bugs Wifi and bluetooth no adresss nond work, im tryng to fix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-06-16-44-47.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	4837119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-06-16-45-57.png
Views:	60
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	4837121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-06-16-46-07.png
Views:	56
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	4837123  
7th October 2019, 03:24 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcal1985

Bugs Wifi and bluetooth no adresss nond work, im tryng to fix

Which firmware did you crossflash to? I tried the hong kong version but lost imei bluetooth wifi and adb connection. Reading eeprom then flashing then writing eeprom is the fix but cannot read and write eeprom on this device octoplus doesnt have it avaible.
9th October 2019, 08:03 PM |#110  
Flag san pedro sula

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by awireless

Which firmware did you crossflash to? I tried the hong kong version but lost imei bluetooth wifi and adb connection. Reading eeprom then flashing then writing eeprom is the fix but cannot read and write eeprom on this device octoplus doesnt have it avaible.

for fix the baseband you have to make erasechip LGUP with the Honkong o any qstylo firmware mtk, for imei is easy en the same phone on hidden menu look cid/ write you imei original and write , imei fixed, for wifi no solution yet, working now,
for signal GSM is other stepts
The Following User Says Thank You to djcal1985 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djcal1985 Ad-Free
12th October 2019, 07:36 AM |#111  

More
I heard that cve-2019-2215 exploit affect oreo LG phones, will this make the stylo 4 rootable?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4, q stylus, q stylus+, stylo 4, stylo 4 plus, stylo 4+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)