Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 129

More
[QUOTE=Crux666;78037673]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deloj

I found a link about rooting the LG Stylo 4. Will it work? Link is here:

Coming straight from their website:
"You will be able to unlock bootloader only if the LG developer supports the device. However, at the time of writing this article, this device is not yet supported by LG Developers. The tutorial below is 100% correct & you may try the steps once the device is supported."

But has anyone been able to make any development in regards to the phone, as mine has become sluggish only after using it less than a month. Would really love to root it.

Sadly, no root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CCJ22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CCJ22 Ad-Free

21st November 2018, 06:48 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=CCJ22;78195218]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux666

Sadly, no root

Damn...seems like it.....
26th November 2018, 04:21 AM |#23  
Flag Tampa,FL
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Anything that could be done for the LG Stylo 4? Mine is from boost.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
29th November 2018, 09:28 PM |#24  

More
Im really confused. Is my stylo 4 lmq710ms not rootable? I have oem unlocking option in settings which id what i thought you needed to root it.
8th December 2018, 05:39 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonata08

Im really confused. Is my stylo 4 lmq710ms not rootable? I have oem unlocking option in settings which id what i thought you needed to root it.

Dont seem like it i looked everywhere...returning mine

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
8th December 2018, 06:11 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Little Rock
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx_iDon_xX

Anything that could be done for the LG Stylo 4? Mine is from boost.

Best to return it. None of them can get root
16th December 2018, 09:55 AM |#27  

More
FLASH Q STYLO 4 Metro PCS to T-MOBILE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymac

Does anybody know if it's possible to flash a T-Mobile
q710ts Stylo 4 .kdz onto an unlocked MetroPCS q710ms Stylo 4 using LGUP or LG Flashtool? If so, does anyone have a T-Mobile .kdz file or know where I can get one? I've been doing extensive Googling, but I can't find any info on it, so I created an account here. Thanks!!

I successfully changed Q710MS to Q710TS by first uninstalling all things LGUP and rebooting. Then I installed LGUP DUAL MODE from here [https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=26]. Then I check the box "partition". Choose kdz. Click start. Check the box "select all". Done. When device reboots, the phone will throw an error but will have a "RESET" button. Tap that. Wait 10 minutes for the start up screen. Do not risk flashing anything other than the version you are on. If your metro pcs is on 10j then flash the 10j for t-mobile. If your metro is on 10g then flash 10g for t-mobile. you have been warned. Happy Flashing.
18th December 2018, 12:43 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8ful doug

I successfully changed Q710MS to Q710TS by first uninstalling all things LGUP and rebooting. Then I installed LGUP DUAL MODE from here [https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=26]. Then I check the box "partition". Choose kdz. Click start. Check the box "select all". Done. When device reboots, the phone will throw an error but will have a "RESET" button. Tap that. Wait 10 minutes for the start up screen. Do not risk flashing anything other than the version you are on. If your metro pcs is on 10j then flash the 10j for t-mobile. If your metro is on 10g then flash 10g for t-mobile. you have been warned. Happy Flashing.

So this will unlock the phone on another network basically? Can it be done with boost?
18th December 2018, 01:26 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwillinger

So this will unlock the phone on another network basically? Can it be done with boost?

This will not unlock SIM/network. It only changes the UI from Metro's blue apps, splash screen, ECT. to T-MO's pink ones. Although I believe it will bypass FRP. I'm gonna test now and will update.
22nd December 2018, 07:05 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Does anyone know a way to sim unlock this phone from sprint network? I want to use it internationally.
22nd December 2018, 01:05 PM |#31  

More
sprint unlock?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlos_7

Does anyone know a way to sim unlock this phone from sprint network? I want to use it internationally.

From what I understand. Any existing post-paid customer can unlock any Sprint device by logging into their account at Sprint's website and claim a need for international travel. The page will ask what device will be traveling with you. Fill out the form and voila! internationally unlocked. Needs an active Sprint account in good standing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4, q stylus, q stylus+, stylo 4, stylo 4 plus, stylo 4+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)