Stylo 4 / 4+ / q stylo / q stylo+ / q stylo alpha MEGA INFO THREAD

Search This thread

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Why does this thread exist?
So I have, for the past 37 days, sent an email every 2 days to XDA to please give us a stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo sub forum.
I have yet gotten a response back, and we still do not have a sub forum.

Right, so here we are in the stylo 3 plus sub forum. For now...

What is this thread about?
I wanted a place for all of the internet to discuss development for the stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo.
I also wanted to clear the air on all the different stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo that exist. And which one is right for you to purchase BASED solely on what each different phone offers.

What this thread is not for you
-Please do not ask questions for owners of the phone about what it's like owning it.
-Please do not post about how you wish the bootloader will be unlocked soon.
-Please do not post about other devices outside of the stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo.
-Please do not ask which phone you should buy.

So what are the differences between the devices?
Stylo 4 & 4+ aka 4 plus = for United States (so far). At no point have I found ANYTHING, as of 8/7/18 on the internet that a stylo 4+ or stylo 4 plus exist as an actual name. I have only found speculation that the name exists...
Q Stylus, Q stylus+, & Q alpha = unsure. I only know of the Q stylus+ and that one is for Hong Kong. But the names exist from LG's mouth.
Q Stylo+ = Canada.

-United States Q710AL Boost 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core
-United States Q710ULM Unlocked 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
-United States Q710MS MetroPCS 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
-United States Q710TS T-mobile 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
-United States Q710AL Sprint 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core
-United States Q710ULM Amazon 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
-United States Q710AL Virgin 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core
-United States Q710CS Cricket 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
-United States Q710US Xfinity 16GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core

-Canada LMQ710WA 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core ~IP68, Mil-Spec, & 16mp camera~

-Hong Kong LMQ710YBW 64GB / 4 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core ~IP68, Mil-Spec, 16mp rear cam, 8mp front, dual-sim & available in 3 different colors~

What I sepculate
-I speculate that the Hong Kong version won't work on United States LTE.
-I don't think ANY of the United States phones will ever get bootloader unlocked.
-I think the Canada phone may work here in the united states on any GSM carrier and support LTE bands. I have not been able to find any info on WHAT bands the phone comes with from the LG canada website.
-I think that all the United States phones are also IP68 certified. I see no difference in build quality between them and the other phones outside the United States. I have also showered with my stylo 4 I bought from MetroPCS many times and no issues.
-I think the Canada phone will get bootloader unlocked soon.
-I think some phones have fm radio and others don't. I didn't really take the time to check that. Maybe they all do?

^^Side note^^ Venting here. I am confident there is someone at LG HQ that makes these names up on purpose to keep his/her job "important". In typical LG fashion, they can't just make one awesome phone with a stylus for all markets. For those of you in the USA, I believe the phone to buy will be the Canada version IF & ONLY IF I can find the bands the phone comes with to see which carriers it will be compatible with.

Last edited:

CCJ22

Jun 11, 2011
Little Rock
Great info, thanks. You can find the bands and other info for the Canadian version at
https://www.freedommobile.ca/plans-a...ils/lg-q-stylo
(edit: at least the bands for the phone available at Freedom, not sure if all are the same)
What makes you think that the Canadian version will get bootloader unlocking?
Thank you for the link with bands.
I believe it will get it because it is the "+" variant.
Stylo 3 still doesn't have bootloader unlocked.
But the Stylo 3 plus does (I own one)

Let's cross our fingers they all get it ?

Reactions: Cherokeegirl

mikeymac

Aug 18, 2018
Does anybody know if it's possible to flash a T-Mobile
q710ts Stylo 4 .kdz onto an unlocked MetroPCS q710ms Stylo 4 using LGUP or LG Flashtool? If so, does anyone have a T-Mobile .kdz file or know where I can get one? I've been doing extensive Googling, but I can't find any info on it, so I created an account here. Thanks!!

q710ts Stylo 4 .kdz onto an unlocked MetroPCS q710ms Stylo 4 using LGUP or LG Flashtool? If so, does anyone have a T-Mobile .kdz file or know where I can get one? I've been doing extensive Googling, but I can't find any info on it, so I created an account here. Thanks!!
Very unlikely the kdz file is out yet. As I recall, the kdz file for the Stylo 3 didn't hit until the first (or maybe 2nd)update.

It'll be awhile, I'm sure

lexOehm

Oct 11, 2016
Beatrice
Great info, thanks. You can find the bands and other info for the Canadian version at
(edit: at least the bands for the phone available at Freedom, not sure if all are the same)

I'm a green eared LM-Q710CS owner, with service through Cricket Wireless(obviously mirroring over the AT&T network). My phone was bought outright as an upgrade from a LG Treasure (only could afford free for my first cell phone as a free man). I regestetered for every single LG membership I found during my time on my worthless Treasure. It's been just over a month since my purchase and while I'm happy with the value of the phone I bought at such an affoardable cost, I find myself wanting to squeeze this bad boy for all its worth(my insurance covers any and all damages to the phone for a $78 deductible regardless of cause).

As I browsed through my developer option menu for the first time I noticed the slide selector to activate OEM unlock near the top of the menu. I'm quite behind the times due to my local district courts appointed jury decided I should go to prison for pulling a knife in order to disarm a young man whom had just threatened to shoot me at point blank range(Since you have to deal with my most likely worn out question, I figured I'd let you laugh at why I don't know the answer).

I haven't seen any mention on any of our phones threads or forums referring to this unlock, but isn't this setting some sort of option that allows you to access the Bootlader through a fast boot access menu? The last time I touched a super user permission everyone wanted a piece of that Kit Kat code.

I've looked online all day for two days now and have not found a reliable source I would trust to lead me through the new process, since I havent seen any root access guides in our community. If any one can help me out here, or even if something about this unlock option interests you be sure to let me know. I'm willing to assist in any way towards device improvement in any way I can. Just let me know if there's any thing I can do to assist you in return.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using XDA Labs

Zack9x8

Jul 30, 2013
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello Everyone,
I got the Lg Stylo 4 Metro PCS phone maybe like a month or so ago .
And this issue has been happening randomly where ill be Typing a text and the feedback Vibration just stops , than it'll start working again .
I did multiple tests to see if it was the LG keyboard or Google Keyboard ( not them )
Downloaded a hardware test everything came back perfect
Downloaded a APP called Vibration tester where any place on screen will VIB when touched ( I go to this when it freezes and and sometimes takes a few seconds (maybe like 8 sec ) To start working again.. )
I did a fresh wipe worked for like 3 days then happened again ..
I have only basic apps social media apps and music at this point because i thought it mite have been one of them ..
but i am out of options i don't know if there is someway to look at the coding to see if something is a miss or if its firmware

ViralTypo

Apr 21, 2018
La Crosse
Hello,

First time Stylo owner here. I picked up a Q710ULM from my local Best Buy a couple weeks ago. I was able to swindle them into price matching the Amazon variant when it was $209.99 :D

So far I really like it. I love the display and the specs more than meet my needs. Well worth $209.99 to say the least. I do quite a bit of computer and device repair on the side. I wanted a phone with a stylus for when my customers pay via card. This is my first non stock Android device. I was sick of paying $700+ for a phone with high end specs that I would never actually utilize. I don't game on my phone at all and don't take many pictures either. The cameras on the Stylo 4 are good enough for me to take before and after pictures of my work.

Any recommendations for me? I have been watching for a stock Android theme on the theme store. I bought the unlocked version for the higher specs and with hope that I could one day flash a stock rom. A stock theme would be good enough for me.

paolotheking

Oct 23, 2013
Bari
Hi, i'm interested in this phone, the model Q Stylus with mediatek's cpu. How is the Stylus? is like writing on a paper?
The cpu is so bad?

deloj

Oct 17, 2017
I'm thinking about buying an LG stylo 4 plus. I havent seen it sold in USA. Theres a variant called the LG stylo 4 (without the plus at the end). Does anyone know if its possible to root the plus version?

Crux666

Nov 1, 2018
I found a link about rooting the LG Stylo 4. Will it work? Link is here:

Coming straight from their website:
"You will be able to unlock bootloader only if the LG developer supports the device. However, at the time of writing this article, this device is not yet supported by LG Developers. The tutorial below is 100% correct & you may try the steps once the device is supported."

But has anyone been able to make any development in regards to the phone, as mine has become sluggish only after using it less than a month. Would really love to root it.

KennynGGG

Oct 15, 2018
I found it on lg-firmwares.com. Now only if I could find the .dll so I could flash it with LGUP.

Are you sure it's OK to cross flash ? I Have the dll let me attache it, this has some dlls for lg v30 v35 and stylo 4 so I zip my whole model folder plus the patched LGUP...just let me know if it can be crossflashed.

Attachments

• LGUP.rar
    4.9 MB · Views: 602

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why does this thread exist?
    So I have, for the past 37 days, sent an email every 2 days to XDA to please give us a stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo sub forum.
    I have yet gotten a response back, and we still do not have a sub forum.

Right, so here we are in the stylo 3 plus sub forum. For now...

What is this thread about?
    I wanted a place for all of the internet to discuss development for the stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo.
    I also wanted to clear the air on all the different stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo that exist. And which one is right for you to purchase BASED solely on what each different phone offers.

What this thread is not for you
    -Please do not ask questions for owners of the phone about what it's like owning it.
    -Please do not post about how you wish the bootloader will be unlocked soon.
    -Please do not post about other devices outside of the stylo 4 / q stylus / q stylo.
    -Please do not ask which phone you should buy.

So what are the differences between the devices?
    Stylo 4 & 4+ aka 4 plus = for United States (so far). At no point have I found ANYTHING, as of 8/7/18 on the internet that a stylo 4+ or stylo 4 plus exist as an actual name. I have only found speculation that the name exists...
    Q Stylus, Q stylus+, & Q alpha = unsure. I only know of the Q stylus+ and that one is for Hong Kong. But the names exist from LG's mouth.
    Q Stylo+ = Canada.

-United States Q710AL Boost 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core
    -United States Q710ULM Unlocked 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
    -United States Q710MS MetroPCS 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
    -United States Q710TS T-mobile 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
    -United States Q710AL Sprint 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core
    -United States Q710ULM Amazon 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
    -United States Q710AL Virgin 32GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core
    -United States Q710CS Cricket 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core
    -United States Q710US Xfinity 16GB / 2 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core

-Canada LMQ710WA 32GB / 3 GB RAM / 1.8 octa-core ~IP68, Mil-Spec, & 16mp camera~

-Hong Kong LMQ710YBW 64GB / 4 GB RAM / 1.5 octa-core ~IP68, Mil-Spec, 16mp rear cam, 8mp front, dual-sim & available in 3 different colors~

What I sepculate
    -I speculate that the Hong Kong version won't work on United States LTE.
    -I don't think ANY of the United States phones will ever get bootloader unlocked.
    -I think the Canada phone may work here in the united states on any GSM carrier and support LTE bands. I have not been able to find any info on WHAT bands the phone comes with from the LG canada website.
    -I think that all the United States phones are also IP68 certified. I see no difference in build quality between them and the other phones outside the United States. I have also showered with my stylo 4 I bought from MetroPCS many times and no issues.
    -I think the Canada phone will get bootloader unlocked soon.
    -I think some phones have fm radio and others don't. I didn't really take the time to check that. Maybe they all do?

^^Side note^^ Venting here. I am confident there is someone at LG HQ that makes these names up on purpose to keep his/her job "important". In typical LG fashion, they can't just make one awesome phone with a stylus for all markets. For those of you in the USA, I believe the phone to buy will be the Canada version IF & ONLY IF I can find the bands the phone comes with to see which carriers it will be compatible with.
    Glad to see the forum up & going, regardless of where it's located. Thanks for the updates re specs & et al.

Subscribed and keeping my eyes open. As I hear / read things, I'll post them too!
    Hello,

First time Stylo owner here. I picked up a Q710ULM from my local Best Buy a couple weeks ago. I was able to swindle them into price matching the Amazon variant when it was $209.99 :D

So far I really like it. I love the display and the specs more than meet my needs. Well worth $209.99 to say the least. I do quite a bit of computer and device repair on the side. I wanted a phone with a stylus for when my customers pay via card. This is my first non stock Android device. I was sick of paying $700+ for a phone with high end specs that I would never actually utilize. I don't game on my phone at all and don't take many pictures either. The cameras on the Stylo 4 are good enough for me to take before and after pictures of my work.

Any recommendations for me? I have been watching for a stock Android theme on the theme store. I bought the unlocked version for the higher specs and with hope that I could one day flash a stock rom. A stock theme would be good enough for me.
    Very unlikely the kdz file is out yet. As I recall, the kdz file for the Stylo 3 didn't hit until the first (or maybe 2nd)update.

It'll be awhile, I'm sure