ROM[TB3-710I/TB3-710F][5.1][OFFICIAL] Stock rom for Lenovo Tab 3 7 Essential

Search This thread

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011
mainframerodent.weebly.com
Lovely, came to the forum to find out that other people are having the same problem. Trying to flash it out I keep getting either a BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (0xFC0) or BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) Error.

For reference, I've got the TB3-710I Model Type ZA0S (Got from Malaysia Ministry of Education).

Anyone got a fix?

JHOSMAN

Oct 21, 2014

I have install For TB3-710F
(S000020): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424953976

And The version that was left is 5.0.1 see screenshot

5OdRJPK.png

What happend?

Cupcake 1.5

Dec 6, 2016
London
Is anyone working on a rom for this tablet? I bought the essentials one because there were loads of good ratings for this cheap tablet, however, it is unbelievably laggy and I will have to return it unless there is likely to be a custom build. I know from past experience, stock ROMs can be a nightmare in the lag department until a custom ROM is flashed and the difference is night and day.

Reactions: Nasimul Tafim
Hi..i flash using this guide (tick all) and successfully (got green tick) but my TB3-710I cant boot up. no display just keep vibrating.
reflash using same rom and another rom but error [brom error s_ft_enable_dram_fail (4032)].
Details :
TB3-710I
1GB RAM 16GB ROM

this rom compatible with 16gb version?

Please help

dangggggg....bricked my tab3. now non stop vibrating. any solution guys..

Having the same problem here. Did you find out any fix yet?

Lovely, came to the forum to find out that other people are having the same problem. Trying to flash it out I keep getting either a BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (0xFC0) or BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) Error.

For reference, I've got the TB3-710I Model Type ZA0S (Got from Malaysia Ministry of Education).

Anyone got a fix?

lol... same here
still no answers?
threw the brick on the ground

Hi all, I also recently stucked into the "vibrating" mode after trying to flash the provided firmware into my recently acquired tablet (my wife is the teacher. LOL).
Good news, it has been revived.

Basically you guys need to create a rom dump using miracle box from another working tablet (just borrowed one from your colleagues)
And flash it again using SPFT (use the scatter from the firmware inside this thread)

Forgot to mention, I used the "Format all+Download" option in SPFT

Last edited:

DevilyWan88

Dec 24, 2012
Hi all, I also recently stucked into the "vibrating" mode after trying to flash the provided firmware into my recently acquired tablet (my wife is the teacher. LOL).

Basically you guys need to create a rom dump using miracle box from another working tablet (just borrowed one from your colleagues)
And flash it again using SPFT (use the scatter from the firmware inside this thread)

Can you share the ROM? Bcoz i dun have anyone​ that have this tablet. Thanks for helping btw.

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011

Yep, can you share the ROM? I don't have any spares lying around and it would be very helpful if you did.

Tzul

Jun 25, 2014
You don't need Miracle Box, you can make a Readback with the SPFT, like I've explained before. (Note that a readback of the preloader made this way must first be adjusted before it can be used! You need to delete the first 2048 bytes of the preloader readback, e.g. with a hex editor.)

No, no, NO! NEVER use "Format all+Download"!
It really does format everything, including important hidden partitions like NVRAM. You're trashing your IMEI and MAC addresses this way, if you don't have a backup of your own device. Because if you restore some other person's NVRAM, then both of you will have the same IMEI and MAC addresses, which isn't good to say the least.

Last edited:

Tzul

Jun 25, 2014
I never had any porblems with IMEI or MAC being erased when I used this command, and I've tried using it before on my Alcatel IdolX S920.
You probably did, but just haven't noticed.
MediaTek-based Android devices have a "hidden" partition called "nvram" (non-volatile random access memory) that stores some configuration data for some hardware, including IMEI (if the device has a SIM slot), and MAC addresses for WLAN and Bluetooth. These things are supposed to be unique for every single device. If two devices with the same MAC are trying to use the same network for example, you will get problems.

The data in that nvram partition isn't used directly. Instead, when Android first boots, it gets "unpacked" to /data/nvram, i.e. a subfolder on the userdata partition. Newer MediaTek devices use /nvdata instead, which is a small, dedicated ext4 partition.

Now, if you do something stupid that deletes nvram (like using Format All), then you won't even notice any effects if you restore /data/nvram or /nvdata from some backup. But as soon as you do a factory reset from within Android, this extracted nvram data gets wiped... on the next boot Android tries to unpack the actual nvram partition again, which doesn't exist anymore, and voilà, errors and problems.
Format All will also delete the proinfo (product info) partition, which Lenovo uses to store your personal serial number and some other data. Trashing that won't be good either, if you ever need to send in the device under warranty.

Last edited:

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011
I understand your concerns and I think maybe it's valid for some devices, but on checking settings and what not, IMEI is still there, and MAC addresses are all intact. Phone connects to network and wifi all fine to this day.

Now I'm not saying it's safe to do it, but maybe that it's not end of the world if you did either.

Tzul

Jun 25, 2014
I understand your concerns and I think maybe it's valid for some devices, but on checking settings and what not, IMEI is still there, and MAC addresses are all intact.
If you actually read what I'd wrote, then you'd realize that it could appear to be intact because you still have the unpacked data (/data/nvram or /nvdata), even after you've killed nvram.
You can easily enough test my claims: Make a complete backup of your device (including nvram and everything). Then use "Format All + Download" to flash a normal firmware. Boot Android and go to the WLAN settings, you should see an error.

The fact remains that it's irresponsible to tell people to use "Format All + Download" in the SPFT. If you do this, you most likely have no clue what the different modes actually do. Of course it's not the "end of the world", but it will mess up your MediaTek device.

wisdom22

May 20, 2017

Sir, I need help.. I've Lenovo Tab3 710i.. It was successfully bricked (I thought at 1st).. After the green circle/successful tick, I pressed the power on button on my tab. The result is the tab was black screen and keep vibrating every few seconds.. When I connect it back to my laptops (tried with both Linux OS and Windows OS) and try to brick it again using SP flash tool.. The error 4045 (Enable DRAM failed) were appeared.. I've disconnect the battery and try it again.. Still error 4045..

Any ideas how to fix it?

You don't need Miracle Box, you can make a Readback with the SPFT, like I've explained before. (Note that a readback of the preloader made this way must first be adjusted before it can be used! You need to delete the first 2048 bytes of the preloader readback, e.g. with a hex editor.)

Of course the rom dump can be done via SPFT too, both ways should work

No, no, NO! NEVER use "Format all+Download"!
It really does format everything, including important hidden partitions like NVRAM. You're trashing your IMEI and MAC addresses this way, if you don't have a backup of your own device. Because if you restore some other person's NVRAM, then both of you will have the same IMEI and MAC addresses, which isn't good to say the least.

I didnt made myself clear previously. I already tried the normal "Download" only and the device still would not boot. Thats why I tried the next way.

If you actually read what I'd wrote, then you'd realize that it could appear to be intact because you still have the unpacked data (/data/nvram or /nvdata), even after you've killed nvram.
You can easily enough test my claims: Make a complete backup of your device (including nvram and everything). Then use "Format All + Download" to flash a normal firmware. Boot Android and go to the WLAN settings, you should see an error.

The fact remains that it's irresponsible to tell people to use "Format All + Download" in the SPFT. If you do this, you most likely have no clue what the different modes actually do. Of course it's not the "end of the world", but it will mess up your MediaTek device.

Yes, people should always try the "Download" only first. But in my case, I tried all options and only "Formal All + Download" worked for me.

And yes, IMEI was gone. But I have the data on the box itself, I rewrote the IMEI using the Engineering Mode.
And for MAC Address, I didnt checked if it is the same as the one from the backup as it is not my concern. Besides wifi is working and the device is working fine. MAC Address is there. It is just MAC Address, it can be spoofed to anything else.

Anyway, I am not trying to debate whats wrong or whats not. I am relatively new with Mediatek device (my first Mediatek device).

So cheers :D

G

GUESTK0020

Eugene Sach

May 27, 2017
Hi,

Firstly @PhatBmt009: I wanted to express my sincere thanks for the TB3-710I ROM which has allowed me to unbrick my device (which is a huge relief as it belongs to my employer :)).
If you have access to any other releases that would also be helpful.
@Tzul any pointers on generating a custom recovery for the TB3-710I? I've looked into some of the TWRP porting guides but these seem dated and your recovery does not seem to work.
I'm capable of getting around Linux, git, etc. and figuring stuff out so I'd be looking for an intro and a place to ask questions.

Thanks
-(e)

You mentioned that you are able to unbrick a TB3-710I ? How is that done ? Did you just flash the device with the roms provided ?
I am also trying to fix a TB3-710I for someone else . Any help would be much appreciated . Thank You.

Eugene Sach

May 27, 2017

Can you please share the rom dump because I can't find anyone that would lend me their tablet . Flashing with the firmware provided it this thread gives me BROM error s_ft_enable_dram_fail (4032).
Is the firmware in the thread not compatible with these tablets from the Malaysian Ministry of Education ? Any help or response is very much appreciated . Thank You .

Top Liked Posts