Tecknight's Aristo 2 Tutorials

868 posts
Thanks Meter: 749

By tecknight, Recognized Contributor on 17th June 2018, 05:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2019, 04:11 PM |#421  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
So I want to create my own rooted oreo image based off the 20g firmware that includes the LG apps such as email etc... But I can't quite make out how to do it from your instructions, for example once I get to the part where I have TWRP installed and a the 10k android 7.0 based firmware installed and rooted with magisk, how do I go from here to upgrading it to Oreo 20g firmware? Where should I start, could you help me Tecknight? Thanks.
2nd December 2019, 07:26 PM |#422  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tecknight

TAT TecKnight's Aristo 2 Tutorials series
List of LG cv1 devices with Model number and common name
Note: In theory, all of these devices should be rootable with the procedures described in this thread and crossflashable to any other cv1 device using LGUP Dual mode (Dev)
Install LGUP Dual Mode(Dev/User) on your Windows PC
I was able to compile this list using data obtained from the LG open source website:
https://opensource.lge.com/

LMX210APM - Phoenix 4
LMX210BM - K9
LMX210BMW - K9
LMX210CM - Fortune 2
LMX210CMR - Fortune 2
LMX210EM - K9
LMX210EMW - K9
LMX210FM - K9
LMX210HM - K9
LMX210IMW - K9
LMX210JM - K9
LMX210K - K9
LMX210L - X2
LMX210MA - Aristo 2
LMX210MAB - Aristo 2
LMX210NM - K9
LMX210NMW - K9
LMX210RM - K9
LMX210S - X2/ K9
LMX210ULM - K8 +
LMX210ULMA - K8 +
LMX210ULMG - K8
LMX210VPP - Zone 4
LMX210WM - K9
LMX210YMW - K9
LMX210ZM - K9
LMX212TA - Aristo 2 +
LMX212TAL - Aristo 2 +

Please hit the Thanks button at the bottom of this post if you appreciate my work.

Omg THANK YOU for this! I've spent an ungodly amount of time trying to research this very thing.
3rd December 2019, 02:40 AM |#423  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu

Omg THANK YOU for this! I've spent an ungodly amount of time trying to research this very thing.

No problem.
I built that table using a few different LG resources.
3rd December 2019, 02:43 AM |#424  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZeR369

So I want to create my own rooted oreo image based off the 20g firmware that includes the LG apps such as email etc... But I can't quite make out how to do it from your instructions, for example once I get to the part where I have TWRP installed and a the 10k android 7.0 based firmware installed and rooted with magisk, how do I go from here to upgrading it to Oreo 20g firmware? Where should I start, could you help me Tecknight? Thanks.

@TaZeR369,
I have actually built a ROM using the 20g 20k firmware, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
If you would like to test it for me, send me a PM and I will get it to you.
I will also tell you how you can modify the image if you like.
3rd December 2019, 05:36 AM |#425  
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:

@TaZeR369,
I have actually built a ROM using the 20g firmware, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
If you would like to test it for me, send me a PM and I will get it to you.
I will also tell you how you can modify the image if you like.

I would love to test for you if the worst that could happen is having to reflash my phone to it's earlier version.
I would also love to know how to modify the image as well
4th December 2019, 04:23 AM |#426  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Lightning ROM for Aristo 2 (v20k) beta1
Ok, this is a beta Lightning ROM for the Aristo 2 based on the laetst LG firmware release (v20k) released at the beginning of November.
Per some requests, this is a full bloat version, meaning it has all of the extra LG and Google apps. It is still rooted and patched as needed, and since you have root, you can remove any apps you wish to remove.
I will be releasing a fully debloated version in the next couple of days as well,.
If you would like to try this beta, make sure and do a full backup from TWRP (system, data and boot) before flashing this ROM.
That way, if you have any boot problems, you can just restore your backup from TWRP.
Enjoy !!
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261652263
FYI: Flash from TWRP using the INSTALL option.
Please report any issues you may encounter.
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tecknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tecknight Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 06:57 AM |#427  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZeR369

You could have at least left in the option to encrypt your phone if you chose too, I don't understand why you completely removed the feature based on your personal preference of disliking encryption, not very professional... Other than that the rom is pretty solid after figuring out how to change the bootanimation (its stored in /OP folder).

I was also wondering if anyones had troubles backing up/restoring with TWRP, it seems it can only do the system partition and doesnt recognize any of the others, is this normal and how can I fix it?

The problem was that it FORCED the userdata partition to be encrypted.
This was causing a ton of problems.
The only way to fix the problem was to completely remove encryption.
It was not my personal preference.

As for your TWRP question. I have had no problems backing up or restoring unencrypted partitions with TWRP.
The Following User Says Thank You to tecknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tecknight Ad-Free
4th December 2019, 06:54 PM |#428  
Flag Las Vegas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirithandler

I would love to test for you if the worst that could happen is having to reflash my phone to it's earlier version.
I would also love to know how to modify the image as well

Download the Lightning ROM for Aristo 2 (v20k) beta1 that I just posted and follow the instructions.
Just make sure to backup using TWRP before flashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to tecknight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tecknight Ad-Free
Today, 07:40 AM |#429  

More
Quote:

The problem was that it FORCED the userdata partition to be encrypted.
This was causing a ton of problems.
The only way to fix the problem was to completely remove encryption.
It was not my personal preference.

As for your TWRP question. I have had no problems backing up or restoring unencrypted partitions with TWRP.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions and for creating this new rom, I'm pretty psyched about trying it. That's exactly the kind of the version I envisioned to create myself and I just like to debloat it slowly as I use it with titanium backup. Anyway I fixed the backup/restore issue, turns out I simply had an older version of TWRP installed, after updating it works fine now. Will let yall know if I find any bugs.
Today, 09:13 AM |#430  

More
Quote:

Ok, this is a beta Lightning ROM for the Aristo 2 based on the laetst LG firmware release (v20k) released at the beginning of November.
Per some requests, this is a full bloat version, meaning it has all of the extra LG and Google apps. It is still rooted and patched as needed, and since you have root, you can remove any apps you wish to remove.
I will be releasing a fully debloated version in the next couple of days as well,.
If you would like to try this beta, make sure and do a full backup from TWRP (system, data and boot) before flashing this ROM.
That way, if you have any boot problems, you can just restore your backup from TWRP.
Enjoy !!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...26312261652263
FYI: Flash from TWRP using the INSTALL option.
Please report any issues you may encounter.
Thanks

Unfortunately I'm not having much luck with the latest beta flash, right at the end of the flash it goes into the "kernel crash" black screen with error "[2] Kernel Panic - not syncing; Acccessing user space memory outside uaccess.h routines....." The resulting boot attempt is stuck at LG logo.

Any clues as to what mighta gone wrong here? This is on an Aristo2 cv1 MetroPcs Edition, was running rev2 before, did full format data and advanced wipe of all necessarily partitions using Pitchblack recovery 2.9.0 based off TWRP 3.2.1.

I can try to get a screenshot or a short video of the entire event if that would help, let me know thanks.
Today, 11:31 AM |#431  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi

i have a k8+ LMX210ULMA that i cant get into fastboot mode. i hace tried the key combos and adb reboot boot loader and even the recovery option. I made a partiton img du,mp and was doing some reeading, im wodering if the laf partition could be removed and replaced to uncover the fastboot mode or if maybe someone had a lk.bin with working fastboot mode i could replace the current one with. this is the mtk variant using 7.1,2

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

hi there

i have an lmx210ulma k8+ mt6755 android 7.1.2 that im trying to unlock the bootloader to but i cant get it into fast boot mode. i have tried adb, key combos and the recovery menu but it just reboots the system each time. I made a partition img dump and was wondering if i could remove and replace the laf.img to uncover fastboot or if maybe someone had a lk.bin i could use with working fastboot. i have temp root using mtk-su so i can do whats needed. Any other ideas would be welcome as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-aristo-2, lg-k8-plus, lg-k9, lg-phoenix-4, lg-x2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)